Things you need to know.

on March 13, 2007 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 9 comments by

1) I purchased a MacBook yesterday. And though I am enjoying it, I am NOT a fan of change so it is tugging at my heartstrings to see my old Dell sitting over there, neglected. I’m sorry, old friend. It was nothing personal.

2) I have the stomach flu. Trust me, that’s all the info you want. Except this- Pedialyte tastes better than the average adult would imagine.

3) The only highlight of today was purchasing a new CD on iTunes. It’s called “Glory Revealed”. It is all scripture set to music with a bunch of awesome Christian artists singing them. It rules. You need to buy it. Today. Seriously.

4) And now, to celebrate the lack of solid foods that I have consumed, I’m going to lay in my bed and watch a DVD on my brand-spankin’ new laptop. Here are my choices-

a) “Finding Neverland”- a classic to me. Fantastic movie. Johnny Depp. Enough said.

b) “Pride and Prejudice”- the new one. My favorite scene is when they are the only two dancing. Oh Mr. Darcy.

c) “French Kiss”- kind of old school romantic comedy, but I’m getting the spring itch to go to Paris, so it would be a good choice. Don’t get me wrong- I don’t live some sort of rock star life where “I spring in Paris and fall in Boston” or anything like that. I just grew up with Parisian missionaries (shout out to MC!) and we visited them on spring break. So every spring, I get to wishing I was on the Seine River, floating by Notre Dame.

What did you say? Watch all 3? Well, since I already have a sub for tomorrow, that sounds like a great idea. You….. you always have such good ideas.

1. carolineb
    posted on Mar 13, 2007 at 3:09 AM  |  reply

Me and Katie just got back from the Apple store at Perimeter where she showed me the very cool Mac app that lets you morph your face. So cool. I’m sorry about the stomach bug, you should get hazard pay.

2. Ryan Kennedy
    posted on Mar 13, 2007 at 4:08 AM  |  reply

So many directions I could go with ‘morph your face’, caroline…

3. Sally
    posted on Mar 13, 2007 at 4:39 AM  |  reply

i was wondering why you had yet to blog about the big purchase…sorry you are sick…and i better not have caught it from you yesterday…i will be mad…i am in college and cant get a sub 🙁 enjoy the movie marathon…love!

4. Katie B
    posted on Mar 13, 2007 at 12:04 PM  |  reply

We were in there for seriously 20 min playing with it laughing really loud. The mac ppl were like, stupid girls… CONGRATS on your new toy. Hope today is much better for you. I love Meg Ryan. Good movies… I’m SO jealous of your movie day.

5. jenny
    posted on Mar 13, 2007 at 1:35 PM  |  reply

Sorry you’re sick with the stomach flu… THAT BITES… but YEAAAA for your new Mac! I grew up with Mac computers, had an iMac in college, and am now forced to use a PC by my retarded-Georgia Tech-grad-of-a-husband… nuff said. ENJOY IT! DOWN WITH THE MAN!

6. marie-claire
    posted on Mar 13, 2007 at 6:16 PM  |  reply

Why is You’ve Got Mail not on that list? It’s the ultimate watch-when-you’re-sick movie.

“152 insights IN-to my SOUL.”
    “Arghf![mouth full of apple] Well! No competing with THAT!!”

Thanks for the shout-out. You’re welcome to come with me and Kibbie and Melissa and Grace-Ann and Jules and Ash to Paris if we go in June!

7. Aaron
    posted on Mar 14, 2007 at 12:46 AM  |  reply

i am not sure we have met, i think we have but i want to say welcome to the mac revolution. once you go mac you will never go back. seriously welcome to the club, all the cool kids have a mac.

and yes to all of you PC users i am that guy that will never buy another PC.

8. AmyFritch
    posted on Mar 14, 2007 at 2:15 AM  |  reply

As much as I miss Marietta, I’m glad I’m not breathing all the same air as you sick-os. Hope you fell better soon!!!

9. Katie B
    posted on Mar 15, 2007 at 5:39 PM  |  reply

You’re the one that’s sick-o blondie. Alright, I’m coming to see you… in 3 hours.

Annie, this is your last chance!
    You comin?! 🙂