This makes me feel 8 again.

on October 15, 2007 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 12 comments by

I loved this show- “Today’s Special”. Anybody else?

Hocus Pocus Alama-skocus.

1. carolineb
    posted on Oct 15, 2007 at 2:54 AM  |  reply

wha?

2. ManUtd17
    posted on Oct 15, 2007 at 10:24 AM  |  reply

OK, I do not remember that show at all.

Are you sure you’re not Canadian or something, eh?

3. Kristi
    posted on Oct 15, 2007 at 1:21 PM  |  reply

Oh my gosh…YES!!!!!

I LOVED that show! I used to sit there in our 80’s A-frame house in Warner Robins and watch Today’s Special. I couldn’t wait for it to come on. It came on right after Pinwheel. And although Pinwheel was 1 hour and Todays’ Special was only 30 minutes, it was my favorite. I’m so glad you found that! I was in kindergarten when I used to watch that show!!

4. brad
    posted on Oct 15, 2007 at 1:37 PM  |  reply

I have never seen it. But, if it makes you feel 8, it makes me feel about 18, and that is probably why I have no idea what this show is.

5. Boggsy
    posted on Oct 15, 2007 at 5:12 PM  |  reply

I have never heard of that show!! Pinwheel I’ve heard of…Today’s Special…nope. Why were you looking for that anyway?

6. Jen Brewer
    posted on Oct 15, 2007 at 6:44 PM  |  reply

YES! Jeff is awesome! Oh and the mouse and Sam…That was my absolute favorite show. I can’t explain the joy of anticipation that show brought me as a kid. It was like going to Six Flags when you’d come over the hill and see the Great Gasp! Ahhh.. the days! Thanks for the trip down memory lane! I have to post this on my blog!

7. Katie
    posted on Oct 16, 2007 at 12:43 AM  |  reply

“Today’s special…come and join in the fun”. I love it. Daniel thinks I’m crazy because he didn’t get cable when we was little. Quite a change from our current High Def, Tivo system.

8. Misti
    posted on Oct 16, 2007 at 1:34 AM  |  reply

Oh man, first The Dog and now this!!! I know why i love you, Annie! In kindergarten I wasn’t good at telling time, so i sat through and hour of Plus and Minus hitting each other on Pinwheel just to be sure I didn’t miss Today’s Special. ahh good times!

9. stkirkland
    posted on Oct 16, 2007 at 3:15 AM  |  reply

Dang! I was in a conversation with someone about a year ago and I mentioned this as a show from childhood that no one else might know about. But, dang! I remember it all….. the mannequin that comes to life (take that, Andrew McCarthy and Kim Cattrall!) in his pimped-out checkerboard felt hat……that freaky muppet with the fro over his never-open eyes….. the songs! the music! that dang theme song!… arrrggggghhhhh!!! I watched Nickelodeon at my grandparents’ house because they had cable and we didn’t. Pinwheel was da bomb, as well as the parent’s favorite (!!) You Can’t Do That On Television. An, memories.

10. Melissa
    posted on Oct 16, 2007 at 8:37 PM  |  reply

I, too, didn’t have cable as a kid, but I remember seeing the opening of this show and thinking I watching something I shouldn’t be. Not sure why that was…
    A question, though. Why was the doorman a puppet? The mouse I can understand, but all the other human characters are played by human beings.
    It doesn’t bring back the warm fuzzies… maybe the Snorks or something would do it for me.

11. carolineb
    posted on Oct 17, 2007 at 7:46 PM  |  reply

Sigmund the Sea Monster with Witcheepoo. Now that was a good show.

12. oh amanda
    posted on Oct 23, 2007 at 2:27 AM  |  reply

OH. I absolutely remember that show. Is it bad it almost makes me cry to watch the video clip?