Guapo and NaBloPoMo

on October 22, 2007 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 12 comments by

It’s about this time every night, that as I am laying in bed, blogging, reading, cross-stitching, or organizing my files, that my neighbors lose their dog. I don’t mean that they call their dog home- I mean they lose the dog and search frantically to find him. I don’t know how or why it happens every night. But it does. (I think I’m going to buy them a fence for Christmas.) In just the last four minutes since I have started this blog, I have heard 3 different voices yell (the woman very panicky) “GUAPO!” and now the son is crying because Guapo has escapo-ed.

Guapo must not be too rapido because he gets caught every night. It only takes about 5 minutes to find Guapo. Based on this nightly occurrence, I have come up with some thoughts on this dog.

Guapo must be a dark colored dog.
Guapo must be relatively small.
Guapo is a free spirit, a roamer.
Guapo likes to play games.
Guapo may not speak Spanish.

As of right now, Guapo’s owners have either a)found him or b)given up, and I can move on. Gracias.

My sweet friend Lanier has my mind all crazy about this idea that one could write a novel in a month. I think my friend Caroline could do it. Actually, I’m about 100% sure she could. (Go for it, CBed!!) But, as for me, that seems a little daunting and life-absorbing. Though I will be the first to admit that I love life-absorbing things (i.e- MTV marathons, blogstalking, Real Simple magazine, trying to make the perfect buttermilk biscuit, etc.), I decided not to try to write a book in a month. BUT……

I am going to blog every day for a month. Luckily, November is also National Blog Posting Month!! Now this, I can do. Blog daily? Maybe win prizes? I’m so in … it’s not even funny.

This could be really good for my blogmies or really bad. Depending on my blog-muscles. Because in about a week, I’m probably gonna start turning out a lot of blog poo in order to complete the challenge. I take it back, I might make it through a few weeks of decent blogging before it gets ugly. But really, I think the Guapo story is pretty low achieving, so just plan on reading things more along that level.

Ok, blogmies and blog-2-facers, who’s in? Who wants to join me for NaBloPoMo? We could have a serious Blog-2-Face throwdown at the end of the month. Comment and join the blog-olution. (that’s a blog revolution OR a blog solution- both excellent things.) Once we know who’s in, I’ll make a special blog-roll on the right so everyone can see who the toughest bloggers on the block are. Or they will watch us self-destruct.

But be warned- don’t make this decision lightly. The first time I read about this idea was from a blogger in NYC named Lauren. I’m not kidding, NaBloPoMo killed her blog. Dead. She just couldn’t do it anymore. So recognize that this activity is blog-life threatening.

I ain’t skeered. Are you?

P.S- Happy birthday, Tatum!!! 26 has a purpose!! Love you, sister.

1. ManUtd17
    posted on Oct 22, 2007 at 2:11 AM  |  reply

I’m in. I can come up with something to say every day for a month. I didn’t see any rules to this thing other than posting every day. Is there a minimum-words-per-post? I didn’t see one.

2. carolineb
    posted on Oct 22, 2007 at 2:45 AM  |  reply

I’m in if there is no minimum.

3. Annie
    posted on Oct 22, 2007 at 2:50 AM  |  reply

I don’t think there is a minimum? I haven’t seen it yet if there is.

Just make sure, both of you and any that join, that you follow all the directions on the participants page, etc. so you can win prizes.

CBed, write a book too.

4. seantk
    posted on Oct 22, 2007 at 3:52 AM  |  reply

I’m not gonna do it. I know I might get 90% of the month covered, but there will surely be a crazy busy day when I’ll forget. So, no.

I will enjoy reading your attempts, though. Blogging is the new knitting.

bgnhkc

5. seantk
    posted on Oct 22, 2007 at 4:15 AM  |  reply

I just signed up for National Novel Writing Month. I have 2 kids and the holiday season is the most insane time @ Starbucks. What am I thinking? I might be discovering why some writers hit the bottle…. God, no.

gipxtuye

6. Marie-Claire
    posted on Oct 22, 2007 at 4:27 AM  |  reply

I’m in! I always think of something that I say “Hm that would make a good blog post.”

So here’s nothin

ljetqxs

7. brad
    posted on Oct 22, 2007 at 2:28 PM  |  reply

I will give it a try. Beware, that as the race for the White House heats up, I could get even more political. Some comment stats I have taken show readers either don’t have anything to say regarding my posts of a political nature, or they they are turned off. Well.

Am I the one that needs to take the lead and set a date for B2F Part Deux? Glad to do it. Just let me know. I agree with Annie. We should do the month of posts and then gather in early December. By then we will only have about 50 days of water left in the reservoirs, so alternative beverages will have to be drunk.

jpetnjim
    Jay is petting Jim.

8. Jake
    posted on Oct 22, 2007 at 6:21 PM  |  reply

I’m definitely NOT in, but two thoughts crossed my mind:
    –November is also sweeps month for those of us in the advertising/broadcasting world. So it does seems fitting to do something special in the blog world, too.
    –A friend of ours (who’s wife happens to be Jay Wamstead’s wife’s best friend…crazy) did a BloPoMo in May. It almost killed him, I think, so watch out.
    :-)Face

9. Boggsy
    posted on Oct 23, 2007 at 12:12 PM  |  reply

Don’t think I could do it, but best of luck to all of you who do. I’m going to be honest and say that I would probably score a 50% if I tried…and that’s failing. I don’t like failing.

ladxnw

10. nysewanders
    posted on Oct 23, 2007 at 3:49 PM  |  reply

The Nysewander fam is in. Is that legal? We hope so. Bekah wants me to write that “yall can’t handle the Nysewander Blog every day” I am not feeling so bold, but I am in, and depending on how the remainder of the dawgs season goes, there may be some swear words on our blog, so be warned.

11. ManUtd17
    posted on Oct 23, 2007 at 5:22 PM  |  reply

Looking forward to the Nysewanders spending the whole month of November writing about the sadness that is UGA football fandom.

Hey, it’s Florida-Georgia week. What’s a little trash-talkin’ among friends?

Now back to the great white north with yuzz, eh.

12. Katie
    posted on Oct 29, 2007 at 12:57 AM  |  reply

I am feeling technologically overwhelmed lately. Daniel signed us up for Facebook and I realized I had not even checked blogs lately.