Taking a break in 2K8.

on January 1, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 8 comments by

For a couple of hours I have been feverishly cleaning my home. Not like scrubbing, mopping, dusting. No, I hate that stuff. I’m taking more along the lines of opening every drawer, cabinet, and closet and asking the following questions:

1) Did I even use this (or wear this) in 2007?
Yes= continue to question #2
No= continue to question #3

2) Did I use it (wear it) often in 2007?
Yes= keep it. Move to next item and begin with question #1
No= continue to question #3

3) Do I REALLY foresee myself using this/wearing this often in 2008?
Yes= continue to question #4
No= give it away.

4) Are you sure? Because you really shouldn’t have gotten this far in the questions if this was an item that you really need.
Yes, I’m sure= keep it. Though you’ll probably give it away at Inventory 2009.
No= good girl. Give it away.

bonus questions for clothes:

A) Does it fit RIGHT NOW?
Yes= continue to bonus question B
No= give it away. End of story. Unless it’s too small….. then you can consider keeping it as motivation in 08.

B) Did you purchase this item since 2000?
Yes= you may keep it IF you have worn it at least twice in 2007.
No= let it go, Annie. Just let it go.

As for the “give away” part, I’m at a crossroads. And I need your help:

And if you so choose, you can comment on why you voted the way you did. I always like to know why you make the decisions you do.

Happy New Year!

1. Katie B
    posted on Jan 01, 2008 at 8:22 PM  |  reply

I voted yard sale because Mikey B gave me some awesome pre-priced stickers for Christmas this year…
    He’s so supportive of my bad habits.
    Or maybe he just wants me to get rid of more stuff?

vnorz

2. Marie-Claire
    posted on Jan 01, 2008 at 9:19 PM  |  reply

I said GoodWill because, really, are you REALLY gonna have a yardsale? I mean that involves publicizing, organizing, pricing, standing outside all day, bargaining with people you don’t know, preventing theft, and then having a few dollars to show for a ruined yard, less stuff, sore feet and a lot less pre-priced stickers. Although those alone kinda make me want you to have a yard sale. But it just seems like a hassle. Plus I probably wouldn’t be there to help you. Although granted, all you need is Katie B.

qpwdmaw

3. ManUtd17
    posted on Jan 01, 2008 at 10:07 PM  |  reply

I said give it away. If you won’t wear it, why would you make someone else pay to wear it. No need to enable someone else. Having a yard sale only feeds yard sale addictions.

4. Anonymous
    posted on Jan 02, 2008 at 2:03 AM  |  reply

I say donate your items. You have been blessed so pass it on and bless someone else.

5. carolineb
    posted on Jan 02, 2008 at 4:21 AM  |  reply

I said Goodwill as I have a pile to take there myself. We got out all the photos from forever and tried to organize them tonight and we had a bunch of old frames left over. Mike said they would bring 20 cents each at a yard sale and I said I would pay somebody $5 if I never had to see them again. Yes, he does make the money around here. But if time is money, and I think it is, I say make a pile and load it up. Cry once. We didn’t get very far on the picture organization though the pile is considerably smaller by throwing away double prints. We began photography WAY before digital. Anyway, I don’t even like yard sales even a little bit.

6. steve and randel hambrick
    posted on Jan 03, 2008 at 1:55 AM  |  reply

i voted yard sale… but that is contingent upon whether or not the stuff is valuable. if you could make a decent amount of money, sell it. if not, then don’t mess with the sale and give it away..
    if you want to give, you could always tithe off your proceeds…..

7. Katie
    posted on Jan 03, 2008 at 2:48 AM  |  reply

I said Goodwill because I have piles of stuff waiting to be sold at a yard sale/Craigs list. Or, stuff that we tried to sell at a friend’s yard sale or on Craig’s list that didn’t sell. I find that adult clothing doesn’t sell very well at yard sales any way. Just my 2 cents.

8. Shannon
    posted on Jan 03, 2008 at 11:05 PM  |  reply

I voted GoodWill because I hate haggling with people at yard sales. They want to buy $50 worth of clothing for fifty cents. When they finally wear you down and you agree to sell it all for $5 they pull out a fifty dollar bill and ask you to break it and make change. Not worth it. Give it away.