I try to keep my word.

on January 9, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 9 comments by

After Nov. 2007, I said I would attempt to post every day except Sunday; insert poor attempt at good blogging here.

So “the trade” has been made. I know you were really concerned.

Ahhh… much better. Now, I will say that it feels like a Fisher-Price toy. Nothing is automatic. Everything is manual, from the locks to the air conditioning to the side view mirrors. They are hilarious. I feel like I could unhook the doors from the hinges and rehook them somewhere else. Or climb in through the window and propel the vehicle with foot power. Sorta like…. this.

Practically car twins.

[By the way, have I ever told you about the time that my friend Jonathan, better known as “Speve“, took the doors off his car and drove us around Athens? It was awesome. I think I screamed and laughed the entire time. And I remember thinking about clouds. That’s weird.]

So, back to the topic, this is a better car for me and, I’m not exaggerating, ONE TENTH the price of the babymini.

I’m much more satisfied with my current rental vehicle. Thank you very much.

Dear Annie,
Please write about something besides rental cars tomorrow.
Sincerely,
Everyone who reads this blog

Dear blog readers,
You aren’t the boss of me.
Sincerely,
Annie

1. leahcurtright
    posted on Jan 09, 2008 at 3:46 AM  |  reply

I was thinking that I’d like to know what on earth you teach your 4th graders. This something that probably concerns many readers. There is a whole tv gameshow about knowing as much as a 5th grader. So would you share a little about that sometimes?

btw… I’m trying to be a better blog-updater. It’s more fun to read yours though!

2. Shannon
    posted on Jan 09, 2008 at 3:50 AM  |  reply

One word: Flintstones.

That’s all I have to say about that.

3. Annie
    posted on Jan 09, 2008 at 3:55 AM  |  reply

Leah,
    You are the boss of me. I’ll write that this week. Love you and your fam.

Shannon, I could TOTALLY eat 5 happy meals with no remorse if I had to pedal my car.

4. Kristi
    posted on Jan 09, 2008 at 3:25 PM  |  reply

I love that you mentioned Speve…and his car. Where is that guy?

5. carolineb
    posted on Jan 10, 2008 at 12:35 AM  |  reply

Thank you very much.

6. booty
    posted on Jan 10, 2008 at 2:44 AM  |  reply

that rental car kind of eerily reminds me of the red civic that i drove for 10 years. especially when you said everything was manual. so now from the the sage words of my father-“that car gets you where you need to go.”:)

7. Annie
    posted on Jan 10, 2008 at 4:55 AM  |  reply

Here’s where you can find him, KK:

8. Candace
    posted on Jan 10, 2008 at 5:07 AM  |  reply

I was thinking about that doorless cruise around athens the whole time I was reading and then…presto, you mentioned it. One of our better days. One of our weirder days. We still wore our seatbelts–that has always been funny to me.

9. AshWard
    posted on Jan 10, 2008 at 9:18 PM  |  reply

Clouds. Thats probably as funny as bulls. Thank you.