Airport mistake.

on March 13, 2008 in video blogs with 14 comments by

I don’t know why I do the things I do. Wait, isn’t that in the Bible?

And I just realized that I’m not sure I know how much a pack of gum costs “these days”. So maybe I owe 1985 dude an apology.

**Update- safely in California (10:04PM CA time, 1:05AM GA time). Sorry the audio is so low on the video – just listen with your big kid ears, as I tell my students. And I’m more sorry that I didn’t sleep a wink on the plane because my decision making is still apparently hindered being that I’m still posting this video.**

1. Sally
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 5:47 AM  |  reply

umm i love you and your crazy ways! i laughed out loud! john and hank green would be proud of your airport blogging! have fun!

2. ManUtd17
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 11:54 AM  |  reply

You need to bone up on your grocery knowledge if you ever want to win The Price Is Right!

3. molly
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 12:35 PM  |  reply

I’m dying! Dear Lord, please let Annie get super duper famous so she has to travel everywhere and post self-videos everyday. Amen.

4. Jake
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 12:39 PM  |  reply

No humor can ever be better than awkward humor.

5. kristin
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 1:18 PM  |  reply

oh, my gosh! you are hilarious!

6. Suzanne
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 1:41 PM  |  reply

You totally look like Katie Holmes in this video. Maybe it’s b/c you’re going to California???? Swing by the Christian Scientists building and give Maverick a shout out for us!

7. Jess $
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 1:44 PM  |  reply

Annie Bananie, you trip me out. I can’t wait to hear all about it when you get back. Maybs we can have a video conference!!!!

8. Leah
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 2:15 PM  |  reply

that video was AWESOME!!! please keep doing it!! i love it!

9. Candace
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 3:26 PM  |  reply

My thoughts after watching:
    1-people watching probably thought you were on a video conference with your publisher or really cute boyfriend in another city.
    2-what time were you at the airport? I was there from 4-5:30.
    3-you acted on the video like it was out of character for you to do that…Please–that’s everyday annie.
    4-I like the one from the ski trip better. “Backwards, Backwardddds”

10. Chip
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 5:16 PM  |  reply

I’m not supposed to laugh in Corporate America. But you made me. Out loud. We love Annie Downs … no matter where she is!

hkmlifvt
    The actual price of guar gum in Kenya.

11. Kathleen
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 6:42 PM  |  reply

I expect many more of these entertaining videos during your time in California.
    Say hi to Melodee for me.
    Kathleen

12. molly
    posted on Mar 14, 2008 at 9:22 PM  |  reply

Yep. Still hilarious.

I’m so proud of you – keep us posted!

13. h.
    posted on Mar 17, 2008 at 2:35 AM  |  reply

that may be my favorite post of all time.

14. AshWard
    posted on Mar 19, 2008 at 3:04 PM  |  reply

I’m finally catching up with your weekend, through your blog that is since I saw you at 6am this morning.

This is the kind of entertainment I look forward to when I’m sitting in the student center bored out of my mind! Thank you!

dfgfnub