Red eyed biscuit napping packer.

on March 20, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

Here are a few more pictures from Mt. Hermon. Because I wanna, that’s why.

Linda, did you have salad for lunch?

And, I’m going to need you to look closer at this book that someone wanted us to pay $10 for- “How to avoid computer related injuries”. Here’s a clue- don’t make the computer mad and it won’t try to injury you. Duh.

Here on the left are the roomies- Anissa and Valerie.

And here on the right is Robin Jones Gunn, myself, and my friend Rachel. This was after a long and life changing discussion regarding hobos.

I’m back home now.
Flying the red eye from California to Atlanta is not cool. At all. Famous people jet from LA to NYC all the time on this type of flight. I discovered that the red eye is one more reason that I am truly grateful that I am not famous. That, and the crazy amount of money I would hate to have to sort through, all the free goods that I would have to store, and the endless hand cramps for autographs.

That was my first mistake- flying overnight. My second mistake? Laying down when I got home at 7am. [That, of course, after my chauffeurs Ashley and Marie took me immediately from the airport to Stilesboro Biscuits so I could again infuse my blood stream with Southern flavored grease.]

I laid down for a short nap at 7am and woke up at 4pm. Oh boy. Something tells me that we have what we might call a “rough night” ahead of us. And here has been my afternoon- sending what feels like at least 30 emails regarding Nashville, eating Chinese food, searching Craig’s List, catching up on the blogdom, packing to move……

Ok, by “packing”, I mean mainly in my mind. I have every honest intention of physically loading boxes with my stuff, but that hasn’t happened yet today. To put a positive spin on it, I have totally thought through how I want to pack. So in my mind, my home is full of carefully packed and labeled boxes.

Doesn’t that count for anything?

1. Linda Vujnov
    posted on Mar 20, 2008 at 2:52 AM  |  reply

I DID have salad for lunch. You have a college degree.

2. Sarah Markley
    posted on Mar 20, 2008 at 3:10 AM  |  reply

You make me laugh out loud and I can hear your cute Georgia voice in your words. When are you coming to visit?

3. Joanne
    posted on Mar 20, 2008 at 3:15 AM  |  reply

Annie,

I am not sure exactly how I found you but I am glad that I did. I just attended my first writers conference in the Bay Area in February (California). My heart’s desire is to attend Mt. Hermon next year. I’d love to hear if you thought it was worth it or not. Also, did you stay the whole five days?

Blessings, Joanne

4. Shannon
    posted on Mar 20, 2008 at 3:27 AM  |  reply

Wow! It looks like you had more fun than five days should be able to hold.

5. Jennifer
    posted on Mar 20, 2008 at 4:03 AM  |  reply

STILESBORO BISCUITS!
    I think we may be neighbors.

I promise, I’m not a stalker. 😉

6. Annie
    posted on Mar 20, 2008 at 9:52 AM  |  reply

Joanne-
    I stayed all 5 days and it is TOTALLY worth it. I am a far better writer today than I was last Thursday. I hope to see you next year.

Jennifer-
    Mmm….. I wish I was there again today. No worries- I don’t fear bloggers. 🙂

OC girls- I’m thinking June is when I need to return to Cali. We’ll plan it. What luck that 3 of you live in the same county!!

7. speedinguptoslowdown
    posted on Mar 20, 2008 at 1:20 PM  |  reply

No fair. Annie has gone cross country and signed up more people to comment on her blog.

8. Sarah Markley
    posted on Mar 21, 2008 at 1:40 AM  |  reply

Annie Downs, I miss you. And, I am not stalking you Yes, June is good. Maybe Mel can come down. Probably not – but it would be fun!

9. Katie
    posted on Mar 23, 2008 at 2:02 AM  |  reply

JW has requested that you change the name of your link to our blog 🙂

10. Annie
    posted on Mar 23, 2008 at 2:09 AM  |  reply

Done and done, Katie. Send my apologies to JW. I bet I’m the first person to offend him in his young life. I feel bad about that. And a little good about that- I like setting records.

11. Mel
    posted on Mar 23, 2008 at 4:28 AM  |  reply

I have done many things in my mind only, so I have to say that it counts for a great deal. To do great things, first you must imagine great things.

Or something like that.

Also? The red-eye to New York is fairly brutal if you ask me.