I’m not right.

on March 27, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 6 comments by

I have a ton of jokes, miles of them, about this bag labeled “twin”. Then I really studied the picture and got a little freaked out- it really does look like the outline of a child- at least the child’s left leg.

So I decided that if a photo sans joke freaks me out [and I packed the bag so I know that there is no kid in there suffocating for the sake of humor], probably for you non-packers, a photo with a joke might freak you out so severely that it sends you over the edge.

And I try to keep you on edge. Much like myself. See, it gives us something to bond over. Our tender mental states.

Packing update, you say? Well, with a little more than 24 hours to go until moving trucks arrive to haul my life [and my “ideas” and my “big jugs”] away, I’ve pretty much worked tirelessly for 4 days, and I have come to this conclusion.

I wish I was a turtle.

I would carry my house and belongings on my back.

And I would carry some pancakes.

Because all the donuts are gone and I have found that nothing takes the edge off a stressful moving week like a well placed stack of carbs. They are a delicious lullaby to a tired chubby baby.

Carbs compared to lullabies? Sheesh… how do you even BEGIN to untangle THAT issue? Paging Dr. Freud.

Thank you and good night.

1. Linda Vujnov
    posted on Mar 27, 2008 at 3:54 AM  |  reply

I would LOVE to take you for a neat stack of pancakes. And, tell your “twin” that they are in for a fun, exciting, wild adventure! Yea God!

2. Sarah Markley
    posted on Mar 27, 2008 at 4:01 AM  |  reply

Yes, I make really great blueberry pancakes (healthy or not healthy – you pick). So sorry you are stressed. I will pray for you friend. Sounds like you need some OC sunshine!

3. steve and randel hambrick
    posted on Mar 27, 2008 at 11:14 AM  |  reply

i hope you are eating aunt jemima whole wheat pancakes. because they are AMAZING.

4. Mel
    posted on Mar 28, 2008 at 7:20 AM  |  reply

Uh, I would like to have someone haul away my big jugs. Would you please arrange that?

Thanks.

5. cadiz12
    posted on Mar 28, 2008 at 3:05 PM  |  reply

i’ve been moving this week, too, and i sure could use some pancakes. or better, doughnuts.

6. Daisy
    posted on Mar 29, 2008 at 3:01 AM  |  reply

Good luck with the move! I like the pancakes idea. Bagels would work, too…with coffee, of course.