2 songs.

on April 23, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 8 comments by

(Missing update: So, unlike Jesus…. I’m forgetful. And I left yesterday afternoon without the key to my UHAUL storage unit. So I still haven’t checked for my treasure. I’ll let you know how it goes.)

SONG #1- I went to dinner with my grad school friends and afterwards, I used the restroom. I was the only one in there, so I could hear the music really well. And there was this song I had never heard before playing on the speakers. I stood there, in the stall, and listened to every word because it was absolutely beautiful. As it ended I snapped back to reality and I had been in the bathroom for around 5 minutes. Not as easy story to explain. “Uh… I was standing alone in the bathroom listening to the lyrics of this song.” I would never believe someone who told me that.

The song is “Realize” by Colbie Caillat. But I give her a big strike [or her record label] because they won’t let me put the video on here. So, here is the link to the video though life would be cooler if I could just post the video.

SONG #2- On Fridays, my students get a special treat- if we are testing or doing some sort of desk work, we get to listen to the “SHREK” soundtrack. And let me tell you. Nothing will get a group of kids wishing for a test like the hope for hearing “All-Star”. It always warms the heart to watch 30 kids do long division and sing to themselves, “Hey now, you’re a rock star, get the show on, get paid…”

Anyways, if you’ve never actually heard the Shrek soundtrack, it’s good. Real good. A lot of interesting songs.

And my dear BFF [whoIdon’treallyknow] Phil Wickham did a cover yesterday of one of my favorite songs from the soundtrack. Obviously, I think it’s better than the original. Then again, we are fake best friends, so of course I’m going to be loyal to him. And he will let me post the video. Which I appreciate.

Happy Wednesday. Hope you are 2 songs happier than when you got here.

1. kelli beth
    posted on Apr 23, 2008 at 11:02 AM  |  reply

realize is my favorite song on colbie caillat’s cd! it’s pretty great!

2. brightasafeather
    posted on Apr 23, 2008 at 5:48 PM  |  reply

Can I please just say that I find you hilarious?
    I don’t even remember how I found your blog, but I’ve been reading it for a good while now…and I love it!

Anyways, I laughed when you said you stood there in the stall listening…I would totally (and have probably) done that! I would have believed it, and not even thought twice about it!

and Phil’s cover of that song=amazing.

Also, thanks to you, I now own Dave Barnes’ new CD…really good!

Thanks for being so pleasantly funny.

3. alliemariephoto
    posted on Apr 23, 2008 at 6:35 PM  |  reply

Hey Annie! It’s Allie. I found your blog through Shannon’s – and I’m so glad I did. 🙂 I miss you and hope you’re doing good!

4. Sarah Markley
    posted on Apr 23, 2008 at 8:36 PM  |  reply

Hi! I miss you. Cool post and cool fake bff. i don’t have a fake bff. can i pick you? oh wait, i know you in real life so that might not count.

can’t wait till you visit. me and linda are going to fight over you!

5. ManUtd17
    posted on Apr 23, 2008 at 9:10 PM  |  reply

Nice Wickhamization of that tune. I have Jeff Buckley’s version on my Finetune playlist for the blog. Great song.

6. Emily-Cathryn
    posted on Apr 23, 2008 at 11:25 PM  |  reply

unashamedly my favorite song on the shrek soundtrack. that i listen to at least 3 times a day. That part isn’t by choice- its my kids favorite cd at work.

7. Mel
    posted on Apr 24, 2008 at 7:30 AM  |  reply

When my daughter was two or three, we watched Shrek every single night before she went to bed. I know the soundtrack well.

8. Aaron
    posted on Apr 24, 2008 at 12:32 PM  |  reply

I am a Wickham fan but its hard to think his version is better that Jeff Buckleys or even when Brandi Carlile pretty much KILLED the song.
    I watched it last night randomly, i like the guy for sure.