Treasure Hunt

on April 25, 2008 in video blogs with 17 comments by

Let me say a couple of things about this video:
1) I am really like this. Funny and not funny. Wrapped up in one.
2) I had no idea I had a lisp when I speak quietly. I’m going to be ridiculously aware of my whisper-lisp from now on.
3) I say this a lot – “so…” , “well….” , “ok.”
4) I totally was going to tell you what went missing if I found it. But since I didn’t, the mystery remains.
5) If you have no idea what this video is about, read this.

I’m no Dave Barnes, but I had a real nice time.

1. Mel
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 8:00 AM  |  reply

You are hilarious.

Please tell me what you’re looking for.

I, personally, am looking for a way to have a flat stomach without giving up food. (Who am I kidding? I need plastic surgery for that, not a mere miracle.)

2. Camille
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 12:43 PM  |  reply

Our favorite part was you pretending to be on the phone. Aaron and I just laughed out loud, which is an amazing feat since we have both been up since 6:30 with a grumpy son. Kudos to you for being crazy!

chicken express is sad. So are we. Hope to see you in Athens soon!

3. Heather
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 1:28 PM  |  reply

Hilarious! What are you looking for – maybe dave has it 🙂

4. Linda Vujnov
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 4:43 PM  |  reply

Had to delete the comment I just left because of my misspellings. Good golly, would you please tell us what you are looking for? I loved the LOL video, loved it!

5. Sally
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 6:50 PM  |  reply

umm your lisp was awesome…

6. Candace
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 6:59 PM  |  reply

in real life you do not have a lisp. on that video it sounded like you had a retainer in the whole time. i think it is a problem with your camera not your speech.

7. Anonymous
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 7:02 PM  |  reply

Maybe, a fine piece of jewelery?

8. shanaowen
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 8:38 PM  |  reply

Annie-I love you! You are one of my most favorite people on this earth. Just had to let you know. Thanks for the laugh, I hope you find what you’re looking for. (BTW were you dissing U2?)

9. Marie-Claire
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 8:46 PM  |  reply

You are a strange person. Did you die your hair blond again? I do the “pretend to be on the phone” thing occasionally. It has saved me from many an awkward moment.

10. Brad Huebert
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 8:51 PM  |  reply

Annie, Annie, Annie.

Sorry, just had to say that. I was so impressed by your mad skills in live cinematography. Seriously. And thinking of what to say like that.

Wow.

11. Chip
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 8:55 PM  |  reply

We have the same phone. Why does that not surprise me?

Your swiping skills are incredulous. Once you swiped up, bingo! That’s totally illogical to swipe up … who swipes up?

It’s like folding vs. wadding, but not really.

12. Sarah Markley
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 9:10 PM  |  reply

are you wearing a retainer?

hee hee. I can’t wait till you visit! =)

13. Annie Parsons
    posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 9:41 PM  |  reply

Oh my goodness, this was hysterical!

I especially love when you say, “Brother, if there’s anything I’m good at, it’s swiping a credit card.” SO FUNNY!

14. Chip
    posted on Apr 27, 2008 at 12:27 AM  |  reply

Incredulous was not the right word. Sorry to all the writers out there. My journalistic faux pas for the day.

15. Annie
    posted on Apr 27, 2008 at 1:27 AM  |  reply

I didn’t dye my hair….. I hope Dave doesn’t have it…. it is definitely NOT a fine piece of jewelry unless you know something I don’t….. no retainer, just weird video-only lisp….

16. Shannon
    posted on Apr 27, 2008 at 5:11 AM  |  reply

I am dying to know what you are looking for!!! I will go help you look if you tell me:)

pretty please…

17. Jamie
    posted on Apr 29, 2008 at 6:43 PM  |  reply

That was absolutely hysterical…i’m so glad I just found your blog!

If it makes you feel any better, I got incredibly bored on a 8 hour solo drive back from Indiana (with a dead ipod), so I decided to video myself doing silly stuff while driving 80mph. I can’t tell you how many funny stares I got from the people passing by me. 🙂