Quick prayin’ people….

on June 21, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 8 comments by

In case you don’t know, I’m at a Writer’s Conference in North Carolina- it has been great but DEFINITELY not without it’s complications and struggles. I keep reminding myself- OUR BATTLE IS NOT AGAINST FLESH AND BLOOD.

In fact, sometime in the last hour, someone keyed my car fairly severely- the hotel does not have security cameras and they are not liable for anything that happens in a parking lot. GRR! The police could come out, but it would mean missing some sessions- and I’m not willing to do that just to file a report that won’t get me any money. It’s only in one spot- about 3 1/2 feet long and it is deep. If it was a person, they would need stitches.

So.

Needless to say, I’m pretty much on the verge of tears, but luckily with no friends here (except BigMama and BooMama and RocksInMyDryer who are busy being awesome), there is no one to cry to.

**Update- just got prayed for. PTL.**

I have an appointment with a publisher at 1pm and another and 5:15pm- I’m believing that God is DOING SOMETHING or the enemy wouldn’t be so into messing with me right now.

Once the car thing happened, I knew I needed to drop the $9.95 to pay for internet– so just pray.

I didn’t quit my job and sign a lease in Nashville to be scared away from what God has called me to. And that’s that.

1. Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous!
    posted on Jun 21, 2008 at 4:18 PM  |  reply

Oh Annie. I am so sorry. I do agree with you — God is up to something big. Stay focused! God has huge things in store for you and I bet a lot of them are going down this weekend!!!

2. Annie
    posted on Jun 21, 2008 at 4:25 PM  |  reply

Wish you were here. 🙂

3. Anonymous
    posted on Jun 21, 2008 at 5:33 PM  |  reply

You got this Downs! No worries-Morrie and I will take care of the ‘keyer’…you just focus on why you are there!
    Mc

4. almost thirty, flirty, and thriving
    posted on Jun 21, 2008 at 5:36 PM  |  reply

(something i found to get you through your day. praying for you…)

How to Do the Job You Don’t Really Want To Do
    by Elisabeth Elliot

Certain aspects of the job the Lord has given me to do are very easy to postpone. I make excuses, find other things that take precedence, and, when I finally get down to business to do it, it is not always with much grace. A new perspective has helped me recently:

The job has been given to me to do.
    Therefore it is a gift.
    Therefore it is a privilege.
    Therefore it is an offering I may make to God.
    Therefore it is to be done gladly, if it is done for Him.
    Therefore it is the route to sanctity.

Here, not somewhere else, I may learn God’s way. In this job, not in some other, God looks for faithfulness. The discipline of this job is, in fact, the chisel God has chosen to shape me with–into the image of Christ.

Thank you, Lord, for the work You have assigned me. I take it as your gift; I offer it back to you. With your help I will do it gladly, faithfully, and I will trust You to make me holy.

5. Jake
    posted on Jun 21, 2008 at 6:47 PM  |  reply

What?!?! I’m so sorry. We’ll keep praying here. Hope the rest of your afternoon proves to be abundantly more than you could ask for or imagine.

6. Heather
    posted on Jun 21, 2008 at 7:16 PM  |  reply

So sorry to hear bout the car! that stinks! We prayed for your meeting times!

7. Jess $
    posted on Jun 21, 2008 at 8:21 PM  |  reply

Oh Anya! I am just so proud of you. The Lord has strengthened you and He loves you more than you can imagine. I pray abundant blessings over the rest of your weekend and I can’t wait to hear about it!
    Love, Barb

8. Chad Markley
    posted on Jun 23, 2008 at 6:24 PM  |  reply

Yo girl, we got your back! I am a little late to the game here and I just read this post.

We love you and hey, if it doesn’t work out you can come live with us in California! The futon is waiting!