28.

on July 7, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 20 comments by

I’m 28 today. As of this moment, I’m officially the oldest I’ve ever been. 28 feels weird. I’m not a huge fan of even numbers, they have never been my favorite. 26 was somewhat awful (the first half at least) and 27 was somewhat stellar.

But 28. It’s gonna be different than all the rest.

I’m a real big fan of my birthday, as you can see here and here. I’m not going to lie about that. On my birthday eve, I lay awake, trying so hard to fall asleep. But I can’t. I wonder who I will see, who will call, and what it will feel like. It’s not about gifts- I’m weird about gifts. They kinda freak me out. I love giving them but am quasi-incapable of receiving them. So there’s that.

So I’ve been thinking about what you can give me that won’t make me feel awkward or uncomfortable. Wait for it….

Every year I ask God to tell me how much He likes me on my birthday. It’s a prayer that He loves to answer, if you’re looking for one. And without fail, I feel a deep love on this day. A genuine “I’m so glad you were born”. And today, I said, “God, 28 is going to be so different, huh?”

His response? “You were MADE for 28.”

Whoa. That’s a good gift.

Now I sit in a coffee house in Marietta, trying to finish the last of the Scotland Bible studies. And I can’t figure out how to explain what’s going on- without you being at camp last week, I can’t fully explain what I’m feeling. If you were there, you understand. I can’t recover from it. From Him.

Because even just listening to praise music (“Awakening” by Daniel Bashta) has me drowning in the presence of the Lord. There aren’t words. It’s like He so poured out on us last week that I can’t shake His presence. Something new is happening. An awakening. A deepening.

Dare I say a revival? Yeah, I dare. REVIVAL. It may be here.

So for my birthday this year, I want one thing. And you can pray for it. That’s what you can give me.

All I want is this- I want the King of Glory to enter in. (Psalm 24)

1. Anonymous
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 6:22 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday Annie!
    love-
    Jenn

2. Amy Beth @ Ministry So Fabulous!
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 6:46 PM  |  reply

Annie, I’m so glad that you mentioned that today is your birthday. When I saw it on FB this morning, I wanted to ask you for your blog password so I could hijack this thing and put it up for everyone to see! You deserve to be celebrated every single day, but especially today.

Happy Birthday, Annie!

3. AnnieBlogs
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 6:53 PM  |  reply

Thanks Jenn!! 🙂

AB, the password is “Ispendtoomuchtimeonmyblog”. 🙂

Hope your fingers are alright. Seriously. What is the Lord trying to teach you in all this injury business?

4. Big Mama
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 7:14 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, sweet Annie. 28 is going to be awesome. AWESOME.

5. Carrie
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 7:20 PM  |  reply

happy birthday!!!! 28 in ’08 is great! that should be your slogan to live by for the rest of the year. i am fresh out of ideas for an ’09 slogan.

6. steve and randel hambrick
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 8:05 PM  |  reply

your gift from me?
    just what you asked for–prayer for the presence of the KING

7. Ashleigh
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 8:45 PM  |  reply

Happy birthday, Annie! Here’s another prayer for a super-reviving-closer-to-Jesus year ahead of you!

8. Leslie
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 8:59 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday. I’m 28 too. After a rough start, things are looking up. Here’s to the year of us!

9. annie
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 9:03 PM  |  reply

You’re awesome. Happy Birthday.

10. Sherry
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 9:36 PM  |  reply

Ran across your blog today, and….. it’s your birthday!! How’s that for timing? 🙂 Have a blessed year.

Sherry

11. Big Nanny
    posted on Jul 07, 2008 at 10:52 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, chicken salad girl! I’m still waiting to find out what part of Nashville you’re moving to?

12. Gabby
    posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 12:46 AM  |  reply

I have never met you, but I love what you said about Jesus being poured out on you. And that He showed you his love. I wish I would have asked for more of that when I was 28! I am 35 now! Yikes.
    Happy Birthday! I pray that He blesses your 28 year old heart into a fullness that can not be quenched!

13. Brad Huebert
    posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 2:10 AM  |  reply

Annie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I’m a decade older than that on July 11th. Yeesh. But you’re right, God loves to romance us. I had one of those moments… I’ll blog about it tomorrow.

And speaking of age, I’ve got grey streaks painting the side of my head. My kids say I look like Mr. Fantastic (From Fantastic Four, the rubber guy).

And BTW, totally unrelated, Sarah’s family and Linda’s family and my family are going to connect while we’re down in California for a day.

Fun!

14. Sarah Markley
    posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 3:27 AM  |  reply

what an amazing woman of god you are…i am blessed and honored to know you, friend.

15. tootie
    posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 3:33 AM  |  reply

Happy birthday!!!

16. Mel
    posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 6:32 AM  |  reply

Happy happy happy birthday to you! I am so glad you were born!

17. debby
    posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 2:27 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, Annie! I have been checking your blog for the past month or so…originally found you because I check weight loss blogs…then I liked you because you were so darn funny, but I love your writing and thoughts on God.

Let the King of Glory enter in indeed!

18. Natalie @ I AM (not)
    posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 4:25 PM  |  reply

Get. out. Out of all the passages in the Bible guess which one I read this morning…yep Psalm 24.

Lift up your head, Annie, that the King of Glory may come in!

19. Robin
    posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 10:28 PM  |  reply

Wow, Annie…you just gave ME a gift on YOUR birthday. Precious one, you are…and I think 28 looks amazing on you…from the inside out.

Peace, joy and so much more…:).

Happy Birthday!

20. Kristen
    posted on Jul 28, 2008 at 9:51 PM  |  reply

i found your blog through Sarah and lurk, periodically (when I have time) i enjoy your sense of humor. your post about sweat had me rolling on the floor because Annie – i have the same exact issue and it ain’t pretty.

anyway, i am commenting on this post because… we have the same birthday although i am a few years older. Happy Belated Birthday!