A gift for you. All of you.

on August 7, 2008 in Sounds good to me. with 12 comments by

Listen. Your sweet emails and comments after yesterday. You are too much. Your prayers were fully felt today. I got a couple of messages from Nashville friends saying nothing more than that they were glad I am there. Ate lunch with an awesome friend, saw two others after lunch just randomly. It honestly was a beautiful real-life picture of Psalm 16:5-6.

Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.

It’s not all roses and sunshine, but God did hug me today, and I am really grateful. Nashville and I, we may make it after all.

So because you are such an awesome blog community (blog-unity? comm-blog? I dunno.), I’m going to let EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU download a free CD. Ok, actually. I have to be honest. It’s not a gift from me so much, it’s more a gift from Phil Wickham.

All you have to do is GO TO HIS BLOG tomorrow (8.8.08) and download this puppy. Totally. Free.

That’s beautiful and ridiculous. At the same time. Beauticulous.

Download the songs, listen to your heart’s content, think over how to define “beauticulous”, and then send Phil a little “thanks a million” email. Cause he’s a giver.

Oh happy day. Free music from an awesome musician. Booyah.

PhilWickham-Singalong-CD-Cover

1. Laura
    posted on Aug 07, 2008 at 10:24 PM  |  reply

Glad today was better for you, Annie. I’m missing you already but maybe i’ll see you while you’re here? There is no question that you’re ready for Nashville. My question is, is Nashville ready for you? 🙂 Love you lots!
    -Laura

2. posted on Aug 08, 2008 at 8:30 AM  |  reply

I’m so glad to hear that things are going better now. Have a wonderful weekend!!

3. posted on Aug 08, 2008 at 8:43 AM  |  reply

Love you. I wrote about you today. =)

4. posted on Aug 08, 2008 at 10:46 AM  |  reply

I am not even in Atlanta right now, but I know there’s an Annie-Shaped-Vacuum there. We miss you, beautiful girl.

5. posted on Aug 08, 2008 at 8:05 PM  |  reply

I mean, honestly, how long can Nashville resist a woman like you? I mean it! Everywhere you go you have people who want to know you and be your friend. Nashville will be no exception. Mark my words. Mark ’em.

6. Amy
    posted on Aug 08, 2008 at 9:46 PM  |  reply

ok so when i saw Psalm 16 on the blog, i basically freaked out. we were totally talking about this verse on Wednesday night when the 12th grade girls met. And we prayed for you! God is so cool. 😉

7. posted on Aug 09, 2008 at 12:50 AM  |  reply

it is hard, no lie!!! been there done it. didn’t think i could do it but 5 years later i left “home” to come “home”, see you can have 2 homes. i cried like a big ole’ baby leaving nashvega$ and if you look hard you will find a little of my heart still there. take that part and put in in yours. you too will LOVE that city. it takes you and reshapes you and sends you back better than ever!!! stay strong (if it’s any help i’m kinda jealous of you living there)

8. amy griffith
    posted on Aug 09, 2008 at 2:31 PM  |  reply

annie, my prayer during those dark, lonely days (that were actually VERY sunny and i was surrounded by at least 50 people everyday-and i mean surrounded!!!) was, “You are everything and that is enough.” It’s all i muttered to Him for 8 long weeks…..its all i knew to say, and i said, everyday, for over an hour to Him, every morning.
    it’s hard to learn to let Him be everything, but watch out when you do!!!
    you and nashville, you will make it. and when it comes time for you 2 to part (and i hope its years from now!), you will be writing blogs like this about nashville.
    hear me, I PROMISE, it will be good. it will be good. it will change your life and you will one day say, “i wouldn’t trade those early lonely days for anything! i know Him more and in new ways, in new places, only ways and places i could know Him if i chased Him.”
    you haven’t just followed your dream, you have followed your Father….He is soooooo much bigger than the dreams He has placed inside of you, He WILL show up, He WILL bring it all to fruition and you WILL NOT ever be the same!
    LOVE YA GIRL!

9. posted on Aug 11, 2008 at 9:32 AM  |  reply

so we might be breaking up after this next statement but here it goes…so i have never just loved your boy Phil(just his music, i think we would be friends but i have never just loved his music)…i know don’t hate. BUT this live album makes me like him. He actually does what most live cd’s don’t do…he lets you here everyone not just him. love it. thanks for sharing. we are praying for you in nashvegas.

10. posted on Aug 11, 2008 at 10:51 AM  |  reply

oh and i meant to say “hear” not “here” i am not completely a moron.

11. chad markley
    posted on Aug 11, 2008 at 1:38 PM  |  reply

This is my dream album to record.

Guy + Guitar + 3000 people just hungry to worship = AMAZING time in the Throne Room!!

12. posted on Oct 19, 2011 at 1:33 AM  |  reply

I have gained new courage reading your blog on courage…..got a few words the Lord has laid on my heart to sent to incourage…not to find the time during this transit time of our life….but when you you see my post on in courage know you had a part in it.