Smile, Wednesday.

on August 13, 2008 in Smile, Wednesday, Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

A picture is worth… oh cliches make my stomach feel kinda funny. In an uncomfortable yucky way.

On to the purpose of this post…. what a Wednesday looks like in Nashville. Well, what THIS Wednesday looked like in Nashville.

Any Wednesday, heck, any good summer day, starts with Certain Dri. Wait…. you don’t know the glory of Certain Dri?

Let me explain in non-scientific terms. You put Certain Dri on like deodorant, you just put it on at night. And then baby, you better fall asleep quickly because that junk BURNS. Somehow, it kills all your sweat glands. It can’t be safe, but it is sure effective. The Certain Dri A.M- its new to me. But when I saw it in the store, I could not resist. In case you’ve forgotten, I’ve got a picnic to attend Sunday afternoon.

Today I also completed my craft, thanks to the skills and knowledge of my sweet friend Natalie who came up with this genius-ness. It’s so easy, listen. All you do is buy a frame, metal hooks, and some screen. Attach the hooks, staple on the screen, hang that puppy on the wall, and you’ve got yourself a fine little jewelry holder. Thanks, Nat!

Obviously, there is plenty of space left, so as soon as Target has another sale, baby, I’m loading up. [Did I mention how trendy Nashville is? Did I mention how NOT trendy I am? It’s a really special combo.]

And then, once my craft was complete, I went and sat on our porch to read. It’s a tough life, folks.

Seriously, don’t waste your life away trying to figure out what I’m reading. [That’s totally what I do when I see stuff like this, but I’m obsessively ridiculous about internet-stalking of this nature. As in, I love it.] I’ll tell you, sorta. One of them is a topic I don’t blog about. Yet. Right now. Today. Maybe soon. Maybe that’s what I’m learning in this book. Blah blah blah. The other book is The Ezekiel Option by Joel Rosenberg.

Both are good. Really good. As good as Tom Downs home grown tomatoes? Of course not.

Poor roommate, home from her first day of pre-planning, sat down and started working immediately on 3rd grade lesson plans.

My lesson plans for Thursday? Let me check.

Uh, kinda like today. Without the craft. Plus some writing. Lots o’ writing. 1000 word goal.

Tomorrow’s post… my first Nashville crush.

1. posted on Aug 13, 2008 at 8:38 PM  |  reply

Okay, I need to get me one of those fancy jewelry holders. However, I am not tempted to try Certain-Dri. Life can be hard enough without setting my underarms on fire.

Also, go to sammoon.com. You’re welcome.

2. posted on Aug 14, 2008 at 6:28 AM  |  reply

Your crafting is the best! Looks good. But, I agree with Big Mama, I am not so tempted towards the Certain-Dri stuff.

I need a porch like that! Have a good one.

3. posted on Aug 14, 2008 at 9:41 AM  |  reply

Nashville is definitely trendy; I noticed that when we moved here 2 years ago. Good thing I’m a SAHM – if I was out in the professional world again, my wardrobe would need a complete overhaul!

4. posted on Aug 14, 2008 at 11:09 AM  |  reply

Micah was telling me just the other day about Certain-Dri. He said that there was a bottle that made around at Wesley…pretty gross…and of course my husband partook of that free bottle floating around from person to person…no, that is really GROSS!

Hope you are adjusting…I will be praying for you during this exciting/scary time in your life. Love you!!!

5. amy griffith
    posted on Aug 14, 2008 at 11:17 AM  |  reply

i have been a fan and user of certain dri for at least 10 years, both my sister and i have! we love and swear by it…..

but shireen, certain dri is expensive, so thats why your cheap during his college years hubby partook of the free-be, i remember telling meeks about certain dri……

the long lost days of athens, ga!

6. posted on Aug 14, 2008 at 11:19 AM  |  reply

I am loving the jewelry hangy thing. Great idea! I hope Target has a sale soon….you cant go around Nashville without being completely accessorized – that would be shameful for sure! 😉

7. posted on Aug 14, 2008 at 1:24 PM  |  reply

So if your pit glands die, where will the sweat go? It’s gotta go somewhere! I’ll just hope along with all your blogmies that it doesn’t pop outta yer forehead. That would be awkward. And unsanitary. And stuff. Better get this resolved before you get too far with your crush.

8. posted on Aug 14, 2008 at 3:39 PM  |  reply

oh darn, you have a crush already.

i thought i might have a guy for you…here…

9. posted on Aug 14, 2008 at 5:28 PM  |  reply

i feel privileged to know exactly what book it is that you are reading there… 😉

and after a sample taste of what you have to say about “that” topic, i can’t wait til you start blogging about it…

you are SO cool, nashville annie.

10. posted on Aug 14, 2008 at 5:32 PM  |  reply

p.s. i showed my sister your jewelry holder and she told me to tell you that you can sell them on etsy.com : your place to buy and sell all things handmade… since you’re a PRO at building jewelry holders now and all… 😉

11. caren
    posted on Aug 17, 2008 at 2:56 PM  |  reply

certain dri AM?!! tell me!!! does it work?! without the burn?!!! annie- you could be changing my life!!