Beth Moore read my journal.

on August 23, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 13 comments by

It’s 7:07am, San Antonio time. I am sitting on the floor of my hotel room, all the lights off, while my roomie Amy Beth still snoozles. The sun is rising out our 16th story window and I can’t decide what to do- blog or watch, blog or watch. Ok, blotch.

I wanted to rush home from the Beth Moore talk last night and blog it out until Kingdom come. My mind was so full, my heart so full, that I was dying to get it out.

Instead we went to a Mexican restaurant with some bloggers and LifeWay folks and stayed until midnight.

[For those of you keeping track, that means I was actually awake for 21 straight hours. Eww.]

So needless to say, when I got home at 12:35am and had to be ready to go at 7:45am, blogging wasn’t how I chose to spend my few sleeping hours. But my heart was blogging, even if my fingers weren’t.

I’m going to have to make this short [who just said “GLORY!”?]. But let me tell you what Beth Moore talked about for over half her talk last night.

GOD IS MY PORTION.

I’m sorry- has she been reading my JOURNAL? Or is she a secret fan of ye old blog, because correct me if I’m wrong, but is that not the THEME OF MY LIFE right now?

Actually. It has very little to do with Beth attempting to teach directly to me, one of 10,000. It has far more to do with God speaking directly to me, one of 10,000. And directly to each woman here.

What is He saying?

“Love ya, girl.”

1. posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 8:19 AM  |  reply

God is so amazing!

2. posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 8:45 AM  |  reply

I’m glad I’m not the only person who has a message practically pounded into her skull by the One who made it. It seems He has to repeat things with me to really have it sink in. Here’s to Day Two!

3. Barb-a-licious
    posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 9:52 AM  |  reply

That’s awesome!!! You’ll have to share the revelation.

4. posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 9:56 AM  |  reply

Hi Annie. You’re right, you really are loved. Count me in! And I’ll be your big Canadian Bro any day.

I loved your word, blotch. Funny. Today my post is about “niggles.” Check it out…

5. posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 12:58 PM  |  reply

Yes, He does! He is awesome!

6. Face
    posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 6:40 PM  |  reply

That IS awesome. You can add that Shane & Shane “You Are My Portion” song as your soundtrack, and you’re all set.

And do you know who it was saying, “Glory!”?

Joe Tillman. He used to say that all the time. Can’t you hear it in your head now?

7. posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 7:16 PM  |  reply

Annie,
    I found your blog today at Big Mama’s. I felt immediately like I had found a friend. The verse on my blog is “The King is wild about you…” Psalm 45:11. Doesn’t that say it all?
    Lynn

8. posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 7:52 PM  |  reply

That is so cool, ain’t it! I love it when God does that!
    And next time, watch… those San Antonio sunrises are awesome… I’m just sayin’…
    Give my best to Beth! 😉

9. posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 10:19 PM  |  reply

What up, dawg?
    Just stopping by so you (my twin) can find me on this here internet.
    Love ya.

10. posted on Aug 23, 2008 at 11:18 PM  |  reply

oh funnn…i’m so glad you had a good and rich time. =)

hope the mexican food was good.

also – this is band camp week…=(

11. caren
    posted on Aug 24, 2008 at 8:35 AM  |  reply

funny how our themes coincide!! I want to hear it ALL!!! even more reasons for that phone date now!!!
    love you

12. posted on Aug 24, 2008 at 11:54 AM  |  reply

Hey girl…
    Just waiting on my flight so I figured I’d drop you a line.

I had such a great time this weekend, sister!

13. Face
    posted on Aug 24, 2008 at 6:43 PM  |  reply

OK- I got the title wrong- the S&S song is “Song of Surrender” on the Carry Away CD, but he sings “You are my portion” at least a thousand times. It’s always been on of my top 5 favorites (especially as we KEEP raising support!)