Smile, Wednesday. #2

on August 27, 2008 in Smile, Wednesday with 14 comments by

I think I may make this a tradition. This whole “Smile, Wednesday” bit. Especially after the novella I wrote yesterday. You bloggites. You are committed if you read all the way through that thing.

I don’t know if I’ve ever expressed this to you, but I need to. I can’t keep it in anymore, and reading a blog today, it became too much. I really hate Comic Sans font. I can’t stand it. I know, its against elementary teacher code to dislike anything in the “cutesy” department, but it’s true. I hate it. I’m sorry, don’t take it personal.

Here is my new gym. My Nash-gym, if you will. Which probably will be featured in my video return to RAGAMUFFINTOP CHALLENGE this weekend!

It’s in a big building. A big business important person building. As in everyone on the elevator is in suits but I am in a spandex suit with a belt and leg warmers.

Ok. Not really spandex. Icky. But workout clothes. And I have to park in a garage. It makes me feel so Big City Girl.

Tonight was also BOOK CLUB! I will tell you more tomorrow (about book club and the fact I got electrocuted today). But for now, here is the cutest dog I have ever known. And I don’t dig dogs. Griffin is his name. As soon as he leaned into my shins, I was undone. This DOES NOT happen to me. I don’t even know you, Nashville Dog-Liker Annie. Yes, that is my hand touching the dog. I know. I was shocked too.

And the delicious, but less furry, part of Book Club. Brie and grapes. Listen, I know this is far classier than I am. But let’s just keep that little fact to ourselves, okay? Actually, maybe the same Annie that likes dogs is extremely classy and trendy and cosmopolitan-esque?

I don’t know her all that well, so I really can’t say.

1. posted on Aug 27, 2008 at 11:06 PM  |  reply

Brie? eew.
    Dogs? love them.
    Comic Sans? ditto.
    Legwarmers? awesome.
    Annie? love her.

2. posted on Aug 27, 2008 at 11:08 PM  |  reply

Burnese Mountain dogs are awesome! Griffin looks like a winner.

I like grapes too…

3. candace
    posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 5:57 AM  |  reply

i hope you washed your hands between the dog petting and the grapes.

4. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 6:03 AM  |  reply

I have a recipe (Peach Puff Pastry) with brie if you ever need to impress your book club without any effort. 🙂

5. Southern Gal
    posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 6:19 AM  |  reply

Hmmm…I will have to remember to change my font before emailing you again since Comic Sans is my default. And I’m thinking MY blog is in that dreaded font! Not offended at all. Just didn’t realize there were Comic Sans haters out there. How are you with Papyrus? Still too cute?

Renee

6. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 8:02 AM  |  reply

You said RAGAMUFFINTOP.
    I think my day has just been made.

7. Kristi Kay
    posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 8:55 AM  |  reply

I remember when I joined a gym in Pasadena. It was also in a building with a garage. I also felt “big city”.

8. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 10:03 AM  |  reply

thanks for the link to the free JJ Heller CD – “Your Hands” has been exactly the encouragement I need right now – I have been listening to it all morning! 🙂

ps – how do you find good book clubs? do share!

9. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 10:32 AM  |  reply

Hope book club went well and you got those pages read. Skimmed. Same difference!

Griffin is adorable. I’m not a big dog person or pet person, for that matter. He’s a keeper!

Take care.

10. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 11:05 AM  |  reply

i love you. how are you so funny each week? i don’t know. but i love the new dog-lover that you’ve found in nash! totally support that! xoxox i have a great dane named georgia, and i’m pretty sure you’ll love her too.

11. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 11:33 AM  |  reply

brie is yummy.

and now i know what to get you for christmas: legwarmers!!

12. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 12:18 PM  |  reply

Wow, your book club is way fancier than mine. I hope none of our members read this or I’m going to have to step it up!

13. leigh ann
    posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 5:31 PM  |  reply

i hate comic sans too!!! that dog has nothing on mae belle… you need to come see her!

14. Kelli
    posted on Aug 31, 2008 at 4:39 PM  |  reply

annie likes dogs?? I’m marking this monumental day in my calendar! Why couldn’t this have happened 3 years ago?? =)