In short.

on August 28, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 17 comments by

Remember how I warned you that some days I would be short on blog words? Yeah, that’s today. I’ve written somewhere in the 2,000s today. That’s right. TWO THOUSAND WORDS. Not much for a “real author”, but a bit much for a noob like me.

1. BOOK CLUB. Was awesome. We read a book that I didn’t totally love (Eat, Pray, Love). It was new age themed and the author writes during a rather selfish phase of life. BUT. Her writing style is GENIUS and I hope she meets Jesus cause I think she would really like Him. The girls in book club are awesome. We sat outside on comfy rocking chairs and talked that book to death. I’m still digesting some of our topics that I’m sure are future blog post worthy. I’m really grateful for this new group of friends. Reading friends. Booyah. Our next book is Three Cups of Tea, which may break this former elementary teacher’s heart.

2. ELECTROCUTION. It’s true. I was unplugging my computer and for some could-I-be-more-dumb reason, I pulled it out a bit then proceeded to grab the METAL part of the plug. Dear Annie, did you think the rubber was there just for looks? Uh, no. So my hands both began to vibrate at high rates of speed and I could feel the electricity pass up my arms. Yeah, scary. I survived, but I think my middle finger on my right hand is damaged. It still feels all tingly 24 hours later.

3. BLUE BIRD. Annie Parsons and I are going to the Bluebird Cafe tonight to hear a singer/songwriter Lori McKenna. I could not be more pumped.

4. THIS IS ME. Taking a break after completing a chapter of my book!! BOOYAH!! Finally. Earrings? A b-day gift from Mama Debbie. Phone? Listening to a message from my friend Hillary that could lead to some possibly unprecedented awesome in my life. In the other ear? Evan Wickham.

The hair? I know. And the clip? Its as long as my finger. Its from Scotland and its so good. (This picture is for Laura because she has a deep love for the big Scottish clip. And Laura, I looked like a fool taking this. Just so you know.)

I don’t even know myself anymore. I used hairspray today. By choice. Good gracious what is this zip code doing to me?

[Yep. This is considered a “short” blog. Heaven help me. And you.]

1. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 4:58 PM  |  reply

Congrats on the 2,000 words!

You’ll have to write about Three Cups of Tea sometime. I’ve been meaning to read it!

2. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 6:26 PM  |  reply

I’ve electrocuted myself a few times
    – the first in highschool where I pulled a number like you, only it was the plug to the light/sound box for the auditorium. ::::zzzzttt!::::
    – the second when I was trying to get a piece of paper out of a power outlet (fire hazard you know) using a metal fork. (In answer to your obvious question, my brain was clearly fried after the previous encounter with electricity).
    – the third was when I was doing some electrical repairs and left the circuit breaker box open. My daughter walked by and started flipping switches just as I was cutting an electrical wire. Thanks kid.
    – the most recent… was… umm… well, I know there was a recent time… but I can’t remember. =)

3. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 6:47 PM  |  reply

Honey, dont be afraid of the changes that are occurring with you in the area of coiffure. You are in TN now, it is time to get out your aquanet and teasing comb – hair is serious here!! 😉
    If you want some lessons in teasing, call me – I am an expert from way back!

4. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 6:51 PM  |  reply

Did you know that I’m a former elem teacher, too?
    Twins, I tell ya.
    And are you sure you live in Nashville with all the clips and spray and such? Look outside your window and make sure you didn’t just move to SmallTown, USA.

5. Laura
    posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 7:30 PM  |  reply

oh my. oh my, that made my day a lot better. for real. and thatnks for wearing the big clip. oh, did i mention I’M WEARING ONE TOO! wow, we’re just so much alike i can’t even stand it! love you!

6. Katherine
    posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 8:25 PM  |  reply

Re: Eat, Pray. Love…Perhaps the author would like Jesus, but I’m fairly sure that after living in the US her entire life she may have heard of Him.Yes, I too think the author is at a selfish stage, but I actually admired that. There are many, many days when I want to run someplace.
    Oh, the book. Read it, …it is well written and will enrich your life. I don’t agree that the writing style is genius though.

7. posted on Aug 28, 2008 at 9:53 PM  |  reply

Hair spray? You? Really?

Did you move to Nashville or Branson?

8. candace
    posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 5:56 AM  |  reply

i’ve done the same thing uplugging my mac-twice. i’ve never done it with any other plug…i think it is something with the computer.

9. Southern Gal
    posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 6:38 AM  |  reply

1. Looked at the book and want it to be my next read.

2. Never been electrocuted so to speak. Did actually put the end of the cord that goes into the baby monitor IN MY MOUTH while it was plugged into the wall once. (It was 3 am and I must have been half asleep. Yeah. That’s my excuse. I did learn electricity tastes really strange!

3. Wish I could go to the Bluebird Cafe. Have fun!

4. Love your hair pulled back.

Your blog IS short compared to my comments!
    Renee

10. posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 8:07 AM  |  reply

Your hair looks GOOD. Thank you Marianne, eh?

I electrocuted myself in Italy one time. If I’m going to injure myself, I’m going to do it somewhere awesome.

11. posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 9:44 AM  |  reply

I love hairspray.
    It’s all good.

12. posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 9:52 AM  |  reply

I got zapped once while flipping the pool light switch with wet fingers. It was dark, and I actually saw blue light flash up my arm! Very painful. But, I too, survived.

13. posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 11:01 AM  |  reply

Annie,
    Your blog was somewhat of a comfort to me. On Monday, I spent 4 hours preparing a book proposal and felt exhausted when I was done. Since I am new to this, I felt somewhat like a weenie since I didn’t really “work” (in the context that I grew up learning what real work was). Time to redefine my definitions.
    Lynn

14. posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM  |  reply

I can relate with the electrocution part…it happened many times in Ghana just turning the light switch off…I think they are still learning how to use electricity there.

I love hearing how you are changing and becoming a new woman in Nashville…so fun, just don’t go too crazy on the hairspray! Love you!

15. posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 1:18 PM  |  reply

yes, yes booyah.

i don’t know who says that. you do, apparently.

and why didn’t you bring me a clip from scotland? i guess i’ll just have to go there myself…

=)

16. posted on Aug 29, 2008 at 9:34 PM  |  reply

Odd….very.

I wrote a dissertation comment here yesterday.

Vanished……..! :/

Praying for you during your writing marathon. YOU’VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES TO GET IT DONE, GirlieQ! I don’t think anyone would argue with that :).

17. Amy
    posted on Aug 30, 2008 at 5:56 PM  |  reply

rockin’ the big clip….nice. have we started the sisterhood yet? if not, we should get on that 🙂