Gracious, Dawgs.

on September 13, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 14 comments by

It was a close one.  Too close.  I think I lost 5 pounds of sweat and stress and gained 6 pounds because there were really good red velvet cupcakes.

I’m proud of the dawgs.  Ish.

We pulled out a win, but I’m still not sure how.

If this would have been LSU, bless our hearts.  South Carolina got beat by VANDERBILT two weeks ago, yet they still give us fits year after year.  Ridiculous.

Next week we play at Arizona State.  I don’t even have the first idea how to start worrying about that game.  I don’t have any worry space left for the desert schools- cause then we see Alabama, Tennessee, and Vandy and those three games will take all the worry I can muster up.

I can’t think about this anymore.  It’s still great to be a Georgia Bulldog, but I may have a heart murmur before this season is over.  This whole preseason #1 is a blessing and a curse.  That is for sure.

1. posted on Sep 13, 2008 at 8:45 PM  |  reply

Well thats good I guess!

2. posted on Sep 13, 2008 at 8:56 PM  |  reply

it was very scary…..very…..yikes….

3. posted on Sep 13, 2008 at 9:18 PM  |  reply

Don’t forget about the Gators looming after that.

Halloween weekend. Boo.

4. Southern Gal
    posted on Sep 13, 2008 at 9:52 PM  |  reply

Just be thankful you weren’t on the other side! A fumble in the end zone, an interception after those great passing plays. Ah, but it’s not uncommon for Carolina fans to have many games like that each season.

My kids were there and nearly had heat stroke on top of heart stroke. They had to stand up the whole time since most of the student section was filled with Georgia parents/fans…huh?

I’m just glad your guy didn’t vault over one of our guys. How humiliating…if we could be any more humiliated.

Still friends.
    Renee

5. Face
    posted on Sep 13, 2008 at 9:57 PM  |  reply

When I first saw the pic on your post I thought, “Is Tatum visiting her in Nashville?” Then Jake walked in and said, “Is that Tatum.” So there you go.

6. posted on Sep 13, 2008 at 10:08 PM  |  reply

Did you SEE the Auburn game? Pure embarrassment. Final score – 3-2 Auburn. I am ashamed.
    This football weekend stunk. Auburn played like they were in high school, UGA almost got it handed to them by SC, Alabama won, USC is killing Ohio State (ugh – I’m SO over USC)….
    Terrible, I tell ya.

7. posted on Sep 13, 2008 at 10:36 PM  |  reply

Umm, maybe I should be asking you for advice for my family’s FFL instead of my husband. You know your football, girl! At least I think that’s what you’re talking about. =)

8. posted on Sep 14, 2008 at 10:02 AM  |  reply

amen sister friend! i TOTALLY agree! your pic sums it up–the feeling’s mutual

9. posted on Sep 14, 2008 at 1:18 PM  |  reply

Girl!!!! You live in Tennessee now(the capitol l no less). You are a Volunteer — no getting around it. One cannot live in the Big Orange and hang out with Dawgs!!! 😉

10. Laura
    posted on Sep 14, 2008 at 9:14 PM  |  reply

sweet tat. you should get a real one in the same spot.

11. posted on Sep 14, 2008 at 9:16 PM  |  reply

Bethanne, Dream on.

Laura, it is real.

12. posted on Sep 15, 2008 at 9:02 AM  |  reply

Okay. I was watching the tracker whilst sitting at the FSU game, and I am so glad y’all finally got your game on and beat SC. Anyone who can make Steve Spurrier lose is a good friend of mine. Go Dawgs! Be strong.

13. Jennifer
    posted on Sep 15, 2008 at 4:42 PM  |  reply

Annie; that tatoo is NOT real and I know because I know your momma!!!!
    By the way, enough on South Carolina already…(Laura says I am all alone on this one…it’s great to be loved by your daughter!)
    Love ya sweet girl!

14. posted on Sep 16, 2008 at 11:18 AM  |  reply

HEHEHE!!!

My husband nearly had a heart attack!