A post in which I thank the people of my Tuesday.

on September 23, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 8 comments by

Thank you, Brooke, for making me do those extra calf raises this morning even though I was a wee bit whiny and teary.  [I’m sore from the ears down.]

Thank you, Annie P, for dreaming so big that you leave my mouth hanging open.  I am fully jealous of your skillz and when you are a regular performer at the Bluebird, I’m going to punch the table and say, “Why couldn’t You let me write like THAT Annie, God?”  And I’m going to be so proud of you.  [Then I’m going to order another drink.  And some brie.]

Thank you, Hollie, because today I laughed longer and harder at Baja than I planned. [Burritos are hilarious.]

Thank you, James, for letting me cry over hurt feelings.  [Someday I will understand boys and you will say “I told you so” and I will say “I know you did” and you will laugh in my face and then shake my husband’s hand and say, “Good luck, sucka.”]

Thank you, Dillard’s Dept. Store, for taking that shirt back.  It was too expensive and a poor choice for my current income bracket.  [But I will be the first to confess I looked HOT in it.]

Thank you, Lady Antebellum, for being so freakin’ good at what you do.  Good gracious.  You should bottle that talent and sell it on the internet.  [I’d buy some.  A wear it only on special occasions.]

Thank you, Hillary, for the new addition to my wardrobe- I will be supa fly next time I’m out on the town.  [And I promise to never say “supa fly” again. Or go “out on the town”, for that matter.]

Thank you, Cos and BJ, for a really fun dinner.  [Cos, if you knew my remaining budget for this month, you would know how grateful I am.  And I hope I spelled your name right. BJ, I hope you read this far down the post.]

Thank you, bloggites, for showing up today.  [Need I remind you that you are important to me?  I hope not.]

Who gets a slice of your thanks today? [Leave it in the comments.]

1. posted on Sep 24, 2008 at 6:38 AM  |  reply

Thank you, Annie for making me want to use phrases like “supa fly” and “good luck, sucka” on the regular and for letting me know that I’d have a shoe in friend if I was brave like you and moved to Nashville. And thank you, @thesecretlifeofkat for giving me the chance to be a rockstar and go on tour with Annie who blogs. Oh, and thank you, Jesus for grace that is bigger than all of my shenanigans.

2. posted on Sep 24, 2008 at 6:51 AM  |  reply

I am thankful for my new friend Jenie and the awesome time we had getting to know each other over coffee. She has no idea what a blog is, which means she’ll never see this comment, which means I will thank her in person. =)

3. posted on Sep 24, 2008 at 7:57 AM  |  reply

A major slice of my “thanks” goes to you, Annie Downs, for making me feel safe enough to say my dreams out loud.

4. posted on Sep 24, 2008 at 10:19 AM  |  reply

Oh there are too many to list here. Let’s see.

My friend Rachel who let’s me pick where to eat lunch– because these are the decisions that make or break frinedships.

The genius behind genius of version 8 of iTunes. Because it so rocks.

My mom for reading scriptures about God’s love to me on the way to work this morning.

And Miss Annie Downs for making me laugh (for some reason when I type supa fly, it never comes across quite as funny as when you do), even in a post about thankfulness. Keep it up, girl.

Kara

5. posted on Sep 24, 2008 at 10:20 AM  |  reply

Oh, and I can spell, really I can. That should have been friendships not frinedships, in my above post. Thanks for nothing, spellcheck!

6. posted on Sep 24, 2008 at 5:15 PM  |  reply

I am thankful for Annie. Because she totally used the words “Supa fly” on your blog.

I’m thankful for a bunch of other stuff, too, but that one specifically.

7. posted on Sep 24, 2008 at 6:37 PM  |  reply

You’ve been tagged. Come check it out!

8. Lindsey
    posted on Sep 24, 2008 at 10:23 PM  |  reply

I’m really thankful to my roommate. She listened to me ramble about how I don’t know what to do with what God’s teaching me, and I’m scared to do what I think He wants me to do. I’m thankful that she thanked me for doing the dishes, and that she offered to cook me dinner next Tuesday (which already looks like it’s going to be a crazy day).

And I’m thankful for you and your blog. It is the perfect break from the boring paper I’m [not] writing.