Anne’s Cooking Corner

on September 25, 2008 in That's delish. with 13 comments by

Note from your blogista: today’s post is brought to you by my favorite 12 year old friend, Anne.  She takes beautiful pictures of delicious things.  And now I’m hungry.  Leave her a comment and let her know what you think of this recipe.  Much love, bloggites! -Annie

TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATOES

3 large sweet potatoes

2 oz cream cheese

2 tablespoons milk

1 tablespoon brown sugar

¼ teaspoon cinnamon

¼ cup pecans (optional)

First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  AFter you have done that, you need to wash the potatoes. Then lay them out on a cutting board. Cut them lengthwise next.

Lay the potatoes cut side down on a foil-lined pan. Cook them for 30-35 minutes.

When they’re done, allow them to cool for a while. When they’re cool, scoop out the insides and put them in a bowl.

Add the other ingredients to the bowl.

Cinnamon.

This smells soooooooo good.

Brown Sugar.

Yum. Need I say more?

Milk

Milk. Fine. Good.

Then mix the cinnamon, brown sugar, milk, and potato fillings until they are well blended.

Next, fill the potatoes with those ingredients. Take a spatula and smooth it out, too.

You can add pecans if you want.

Put the potatoes back in the oven for about 10 minutes.

Take them out and…

Enjoy!

1. posted on Sep 25, 2008 at 9:33 PM  |  reply

those look goood. yes, that extra ‘o’, means extra good.

2. posted on Sep 25, 2008 at 9:56 PM  |  reply

I am seriously gonna have to try those out. I LOVE sweet potatoes. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us Anne.

–Kara

3. Southern Gal
    posted on Sep 25, 2008 at 11:01 PM  |  reply

I have all those ingredients now. It’s too late to cook them…maybe tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your friend and her recipe.

4. posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 12:16 AM  |  reply

mmm those look so stinkin’ good!!! I might actually have to go buy some milk to make those! I bet my kids would love them and love to make them. Thanks for sharing.

5. posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 7:42 AM  |  reply

I do not like sweet potatoes, but that recipe makes me want to reconsider. Thanks for sharing!

6. Debbie
    posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 8:17 AM  |  reply

I have been wanting to try this recipe and seeing these great pictures motivates me! Thanks!

7. posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 8:25 AM  |  reply

I might just have to bust this out at Thanksgiving and make people think I can cook! (: Thanks!

8. posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 8:33 AM  |  reply

Where does the cream cheese come in? It’s in the 1st picture, but not in the rest of them. I need cream cheese. Don’t be a hater of the cream cheese.

9. posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 10:19 AM  |  reply

Anne, sista, these look fab. I will try them once the temperature drops below 80 degrees here in Nashville. Because you just can’t eat sweet potatoes in the heat. It’s wrong.

10. Meredith
    posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 3:29 PM  |  reply

Those look really good. Thanks for the recipe. I LOVE sweet potatoes.

11. Meredith
    posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 3:31 PM  |  reply

I think my friend Annie Parsons has not heard of sweet potato fries… Honey I’m not sure there is EVER a time you can’t eat sweet potatoes. 😉 Think of the grill… miam!

12. EmilyV
    posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 4:24 PM  |  reply

Hi, Anne! ~Mrs. Vreken

13. posted on Sep 26, 2008 at 10:23 PM  |  reply

My favorite food is sweet potatoes. I could eat them everyday, no matter the weather. These look awesome!