Santa was my pace car.

on October 13, 2008 in video blogs with 19 comments by

The first in what hopes to be at least a THRILLOGY of films, featuring two Annies- me and this Annie.  And Hunter.  Obviously.

1. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 7:52 AM  |  reply

I can’t get past the part where a lady ran a 5K in jean shorts. That, my friend, is hysterical.
    Oh, the chaffing. Ouch.
    And kudos for beating Santa. I won’t tell my kids about that because I want them to like you. People who beat Santa at anything don’t get liked by kids. We’ll keep that one on the DL.
    Love ya!

2. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 8:00 AM  |  reply

Nice work AnnieBlogs. You are an inspiration. I heard no lisp on that video either. Apparently, competition and/or sweating kills lisps. Good to know.

3. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 8:15 AM  |  reply

But don’t you have to pay to run the race? You can buy a lot of beer for $25.

4. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 8:29 AM  |  reply

That was totally awesome.

Did you run/walk with the video camera the whole time? What a dedicated blogger you are!

5. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 8:49 AM  |  reply

When you come to my front door, why do I sound like I have a retainer in? I promise I don’t. Also… you occasionally complain about your video lisp – I think that I have a video swallow issue. Like: pause, swallow, talk, pause, swallow.

AnnieBlogs is a video GENIUS!!!!

6. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 8:53 AM  |  reply

I am amazed by your feats of strength, agility, and filming whilst jogging. Remember that one time you said jorts? I fell out.

Oh, and will you please tell me what software you use to edit your video? I’m on a quest for software knowledge.

7. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 9:29 AM  |  reply

Your girl Annie looks like Katie Holmes.

Also, I have run a few 5Ks myself and I have been left in the dust of people pushing children in strollers.

But I never finished last.

And that’s something. That definitely means something.

Congratulations and thanks for filming it for our entertainment. You never disappoint. 🙂

8. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 9:34 AM  |  reply

who would not want to be your friend? I mean, c;mon

9. Southern Gal
    posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 9:37 AM  |  reply

You go, girl! How brave!

You need to go to my blog and check out the cross country coverage of my middle son. (I got winded running from the car to the finish line to snap the shot there.) My Jacob passed a runner at the FINISH line to finish the 5K in 21:12! He’s only run four meets and has improved his time by over a minute so far. (He’s also 6’4″ with the longest legs ever. I take five steps to his two.)

Jealous? Me, too.
    Renee

10. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 9:50 AM  |  reply

I am so proud of you!!! Beating Santa is quite an achievement (although I will not tell my children – it might scar them for life)!

11. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 10:56 AM  |  reply

it’s always nice to have a good pace car. Beer after a 5k seems strange. wouldn’t that make you feel like, uh….sick after running. kinda like what would happen if you ate corn nuggets after running? ok, never mind i could/would totally eat corn nuggets after running because i love them. so cheers to all you 5k running beer drinkers.

12. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 11:16 AM  |  reply

**bows down** i bow to the video blogger queen!! this was cool, can’t wait to see more of them!! good job on the 5K, i wouldn’t have made it 15 steps!! i am a cow!! lol hugs and prayers…

13. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 11:22 AM  |  reply

lOVE, lOVE, LOVE the video!! a m a z i n g…

i actually came in DEAD last on the last 5k did… jimmy drew made me do one in whitlock heights with a ridiculous amount of hills, and no one else was a walk/jogger like me…. oh well….

14. January
    posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 12:32 PM  |  reply

I’m very impressed- a 5k is very impressive! well done my friend.

15. posted on Oct 13, 2008 at 2:49 PM  |  reply

Ok that was hilarious, clever, and adorable!! Way to go on running (walking) the 5K!! Very impressive!

16. posted on Oct 14, 2008 at 10:27 AM  |  reply

so great. annies. love it.

17. Kristi Kay
    posted on Oct 14, 2008 at 9:51 PM  |  reply

More…more…must have more!!!

18. posted on Oct 15, 2008 at 12:30 AM  |  reply

Great job. Annies RULE! Wish I could have joined you, but alas, I live way to far away.

19. posted on Oct 15, 2008 at 2:15 PM  |  reply

I posted this on Annie P’s blog as well but that is EXACTLY what happened when I ran a 5k with her. I had trained, she had not. She jogged the whole way. I jogged, panted, walked, and just barely beat the kid who sprained his ankle halfway through.