A birthday gift.

on October 21, 2008 in video blogs with 21 comments by

Dear Middle Sister,

In lieu of actually getting you a present and shipping it to Hawaii, I asked Nashville to wish you a happy birthday.  And they did.  Which is worth far more than an actual present.  Sorta.

By the way, I figure now is a good a time as any to mention that I borrowed a few pairs of your shoes while you are gone.  Mom said I had to tell you.

Happy birthday?

Love,

Annie [your extremely talented, beautiful, and wise older sister]

_________

This post conveniently fits with Brody’s Positive Post Tuesday.  Cause I’m pretty positive my family rules.

1. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 7:42 AM  |  reply

That was like the sweetest thing ever. What a special birthday gift!

2. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 8:00 AM  |  reply

very cute…HAPPY BIRTHDAY TATUM!!!! hugs and prayers….

3. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 11:14 AM  |  reply

disclaimer: this was filmed on a “no shower monday” at ye ol’ mocha club office. hence my “dirty look”. just for you, tatum, just for you. 🙂

4. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 12:43 PM  |  reply

This is great…I enjoyed that. What a blessed girl. Happy Birthday, Tatum.
    Barb (Brody’s Mom)
    Auburn, CA

5. Tiffany Acuff
    posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 1:14 PM  |  reply

i LOVED this. i wish it were my birthday. and this was my video.

p.s. i will sing to tatum for one of those delicious cupcakes…

6. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 1:28 PM  |  reply

i absolutely love it!! you are ridiculous and hilarious. thanks talented, beautiful, wise sister!

and i’ll be expecting my shoes in my closet when i get home for Christmas.

and thank you, marisa, for the “dirty look”…i loved it. 🙂

7. Southern Gal
    posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 2:28 PM  |  reply

You need to post a tutorial on how you make your videos! They are excellent.

I wish I were Tatum. How thoughtful…even if she didn’t get any cupcakes.

Happy Birthday, Tatum.

Renee

8. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 3:04 PM  |  reply

i can’t believe you actually are getting funnier. didn’t think it was possible.

i expect at least a happy birthday song/post/video when mine comes around. =)

9. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 4:31 PM  |  reply

We all honor Tatum on her day of birth, especially the one on the right! I love you Tater!!! Annie, you just ain’t right.

10. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 5:06 PM  |  reply

WHAT A GREAT SISTER!! I love it!

11. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 5:43 PM  |  reply

This is so full of awesomeness I don’t even know where to begin. I have to say I’m totally feelin’ mime cop. That is EXACTLY how I would have done it.

Happy Birthday Tatum! I’m not jealous you live in Hawaii!

12. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 6:35 PM  |  reply

AMAZING! you need to teach me some of your video making skillz….
    happy bday tater!

13. posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 9:05 PM  |  reply

That was awesome…

I need to do that for my sistas this year…they would be so stoked!

Have I ever mentioned that my baby sister is a proud UGA grad….one of the things that drew me to your blog (that’s and lots of other things). Love it!!!

14. Barb-a-licious
    posted on Oct 21, 2008 at 10:37 PM  |  reply

girl, you done lost your mind. Up in here, up in here!!

15. posted on Oct 22, 2008 at 8:29 AM  |  reply

Hey…I’m your sister from another mister….and my b’day is 2/25…just in case you wonder! 🙂

That’s awesome….if your sister didn’t think that was the coolest thing ever, she just aint cool! 🙂

16. posted on Oct 22, 2008 at 9:35 PM  |  reply

I wish it was MY birthday. And my name was Tatum.

17. posted on Oct 22, 2008 at 10:20 PM  |  reply

Love it! GREAT idea for a gift :o) or to just have fun, or to just make someone smile :o)

18. posted on Oct 23, 2008 at 7:13 PM  |  reply

I so want to be your sister too. In a non-stalkerish kind of way, of course.

19. posted on Oct 24, 2008 at 12:36 PM  |  reply

Oh My Gosh, Annie! I have missed you and your sense of humor! (Not because you were gone, but because I have been too busy and haven’t been able to keep up with my blogmies.) I can hardly figure out which blog to reply to. But that last line was a classic, which I must remember forever:

“I love you like a chubby girl loves cupcakes.”

And the post about the possum and your garbage. Too funny and too true, but I am not scared of them. I even tried to own a baby one as a pet one time, but he would never stop biting my thumb.

I am scared of skunks.

20. posted on Oct 31, 2008 at 12:09 AM  |  reply

did i give you permission to find another friend named Missy?

21. morgan