An email exchange.

on November 4, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 9 comments by

Only because I am shameless, and sharing the joke always ranks higher to me than maintaining my pride, do I share this email.  I used Halloween shaped clip art to conveniently cover the information that is not important.

Welcome to the reason I don’t dress up for Halloween.  Dumb ladybug wings.

And it wasn’t just a spill.  It was like someone shot the bottle with a bullet.  It exploded.  Everywhere.  And I knew 10 of the 100+ people there.  Oh yes, it was humbling and horrible at the exact same moment.

Raise your hand if you’ve ever had to send an apology email after a Halloween party….. I didn’t think so.

You’re welcome for that.

Go vote, friends.  And please leave your ladybug wings at home.  The world will be a safer place.

1. Deb Simon
    posted on Nov 04, 2008 at 9:09 AM  |  reply

Angels wings disguised by ladybug wings…how many people take the time to e-mail their “I’m sorry’s”…I voted, …but I am not sure it is the one God is going to place in the White House…there is a way bigger healing that needs to take place…and it may have to come by way of much more pain for all! I know deep, but just wanted to share!

2. posted on Nov 04, 2008 at 9:32 AM  |  reply

ha ha. yeah, he seriously wouldn’t care about something spilling as long as people were having a blast. hope you had fun.

3. Meredith
    posted on Nov 04, 2008 at 11:09 AM  |  reply

Few things for you and your fine readers…

1. You are a crazy fool.
    2. Please do not buy another bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    3. Did I get the point across in #2. If not… DO NOT WORRY about buying another bottle.
    4. Ben & Jerry’s is having free ice cream today for those who vote as well.

4. posted on Nov 04, 2008 at 11:17 AM  |  reply

**hops in the car…on her way to ben and jerry’s** i was gonna vote anyway, really i was!! ;). how could anyone ever be mad at you?? especailly over something silly like that?? **tucks her wings in** hugs and prayers…

5. posted on Nov 04, 2008 at 11:33 AM  |  reply

Girl, the older you’ll get, the less you’ll care about these little mishaps. I’ve walked into a glass door (it really hurts when you don’t see it coming), run into the edge of a regular door (it was a one in a million shot), fallen down stairs (TWICE), tripped on the sidewalk outside church and fell hard enough to tear my new pants (the traffic cop laughed when I felt he could have helped), tripped on the sidewalk outside my apartment and fell hard enough to tear my favorite jeans (and I had a date that night with my now-husband)…it just goes on and on. Just a couple of days ago I was putting groceries in the fridge and somehow caught one of the door bins on my jeans when I stood up. Salsa and glass everywhere. I’m tempting fate by saying this, but I’m almost dead to embarrassment.

6. posted on Nov 04, 2008 at 1:19 PM  |  reply

can’t believe you posted this..HA!

oh, and chick-fil-a is giving away free chicken sandwiches, too….dang it’s good to be an american 🙂

7. John Ireland
    posted on Nov 04, 2008 at 1:36 PM  |  reply

aside from my free starbucks pike place this AM, i think this post has been the funnest part of today. 🙂

happy election day!

8. posted on Nov 04, 2008 at 5:09 PM  |  reply

where are you and ladybug wings? where is my video? where is my picture….

9. Mandy Mann
    posted on Nov 04, 2008 at 6:36 PM  |  reply

i bet you were a cute clumsy lady bug. we need to hang….