Cankle ’08

on November 6, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 18 comments by

The drugs?  I do not prefer them.  They make me feel like I’m on a roller coaster ride, and not the exhilarating kind.  The puke-your-brains-out kind.

I’m bizarrely running a fever and have been fighting a migraine all day.  So to say “Hey this is great, Annie can get a lot of work done” is true but has been unfortunately not true.

Let me show you some shots of the CANKLE ’08.  Consider yourself warned.  This is not my most attractive appendage.  [That would be my right wrist- it’s really cute.]

I have an appointment at 7:30am on Friday.  I’m hoping for a great night tonight- unlike last night, when it took me approximately ten minutes to get to the kitchen at 3:30am.

The bright side:

– I have some SUPER SWEET friends here in town that have helped me anytime I needed it.

– I still have both legs.  I am really grateful for the days my legs do work right.  And the idea of them working right again.

The ways you can pray:

– I’m struggling with some sadness- the lack of family, the struggle to walk from one room to the next, the soft whisper in my ear that tells me I’m all alone in the world [I don’t believe it, but I hear it], the disruption of my normal life

– The pain.  Not cool.  Especially when combined with a headache and nausea.

– I joke about the clumsiness, but honestly.  Let’s pray that whatever it is that is causing this new self-injury problem would go away.  Without freaking anyone out, I just want to remind you that our battle is not against flesh and blood and that our enemy is all about killing, stealing, and destroying.

I may be down, but I’m not out.  God is bigger than the boogie-man… and a sprained ankle.

And, may I also add, that according to my trainer, this is NO DAIRY NOVEMBER.  And nothing adds insult to injury like not being allowed to eat ice cream or yogurt or cheese.  Especially cheese.

I want a pizza.

Good night.

1. Lindsey
    posted on Nov 06, 2008 at 10:19 PM  |  reply

Oooh, OUCH!! Oh, I feel your pain Annie. Last year I sprained my ankles three times in a 6 month period. It was awful. (Clearly, I’m with you on the clumsy thing.)

That one looks like a doozy. I’m definitely praying for you!

• Jeanette Skaggs
      posted on Oct 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM  |  reply

That looks just like my Ankle, I couldn’t believe it when I saw it. I thought I was the only one with those . Thank you for showing it to me.

2. posted on Nov 06, 2008 at 10:23 PM  |  reply

aaawww, i hope you feel better real soon!!! you are not alone, i am praying for you and so are many others!! we all love you and hope you feel better!! hugs and extra extra prayers…

3. posted on Nov 06, 2008 at 10:32 PM  |  reply

Oh Annie,

Yes, that is a cankle. If it were on the right foot instead of the left, I’d think I was looking at the pics of mine a couple years ago.

I do hope you can take it easy. And find a way to fight the pain.

4. camille
    posted on Nov 06, 2008 at 11:05 PM  |  reply

Oh my friend. That is some kind of sprain! I am so very sorry. I really hope your appointment on Monday will help and I will be praying for you.

5. posted on Nov 06, 2008 at 11:55 PM  |  reply

Oh, sweetie pie, I am so sorry.

Praying for you.

If you could get to a plane I would set you up on the couch and you could have full run of the DVR. It would be really hard for you to choose between Curious George or the Real Housewives of Atlanta, but you would be the boss.

xoxoxo

6. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 12:15 AM  |  reply

praying for you!!! i hate this for you….may the Lord heal you and keep you safe, may He protect you and bring you peace!!!!!

7. Southern Gal
    posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 7:13 AM  |  reply

Yikes! I sent you an email.

Renee

8. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 8:02 AM  |  reply

OH MY!!!! That doesnt look none too pleasant! Hang in there. Thank you for putting specific things to pray about – I love that!

9. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 8:26 AM  |  reply

Ouch!!!! Seriously, how do all of these things happen to you? I’m starting to appreciate my quiet life more and more and think that maybe it’s a good thing!

10. Cousin Katie
    posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 8:27 AM  |  reply

Annie,
    If I could count how many times my ankles have looked like that and felt like that, well, I’d be a super great counter. I’m sure your appointment today will tell you, but if you can get a tennis shoe on at all (loosen up the strings) and then tighten it that will help push all that swelling up your leg and spread out. This will keeep your toes from becoming black. Black toes were what I always tried to avoid. I’m sure your doctor or trainer or whatever today will give you exercises to rehab it… but you can also try writing the alphabet with your toes in the air, picking up marbles with your toes, etc. This will help you regain your mobility and strength in your ankle. (Sometimes, I wish I had finished my sports med degree instead of being a number cruncher with this finance one.)

Happy Healing!

11. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 10:01 AM  |  reply

You totally had me at “cankle”. And I bet that right wrist is JUST DARLIN’!

I’m so sorry about the sadness. I do not do well when I’m sick. I’m a big wuss. I would be way worse if I had to do with no one watching and coddling. I will pray for you every time I think of you. 🙂

Cutting out dairy can be tragic, I know. I had to do it while nursing allergic babies. But like you said, I’d rather cut out dairy than be out two legs. Those legs are blessings worth counting! 🙂

I pray you feel better soon, & that you heal quickly.

12. kathleen
    posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 10:09 AM  |  reply

So THAT is a cankle!

13. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 10:11 AM  |  reply

wow, that looks worse.

just being honest. love you still, cankles and all.

hope you feel better soon.

14. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 6:16 PM  |  reply

Is it wrong that I totally want to see your right wrist now?

That cankle looks PAINFUL. Just wrong. Here’s hoping the swelling and pain go down dramatically this weekend.

15. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 8:18 PM  |  reply

oh my gosh…nasty.

16. posted on Nov 08, 2008 at 10:45 PM  |  reply

Oh, girl. I am so sorry!!

But… HOW ON EARTH did I just NOW see the video for Every Other Weekend with Van and Cheyenne???? I was talking out loud to them, urging them to get back together.

17. posted on Nov 24, 2008 at 11:59 PM  |  reply