Poor Cankle ’08.

on November 7, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 16 comments by

Well, I just got home from the doctor.

And my poor cankle has three torn ligaments- a Stage 3 sprain-

“A grade 3 injury is complete ligament rupture with marked swelling, hemorrhage, and tenderness. There is loss of function and marked abnormal joint motion and instability. Most commonly, this represents a complete disruption of both the anterior talofibular ligament and the calcaneofibular ligament laterally.

Yeah, I don’t know what all that means either.  I just know it’s all tore up in there.

My doctor is AWESOME- she and I are totally going to be bfries when this is all over.  We live in the same neighborhood. She also frequents the Frothy Monkey, when she’s not saving lives of course, one cankle at a time.

And during the xrays, I laughed outloud 5-6 times thinking, “that’s what she said” [an homage to The Office, in case you don’t know why that’s funny].  Including, but not limited to, many directions from the xray tech involving my pants.

I feel SO MUCH BETTER having a diagnosis and a plan.  I go to physical therapy next week and follow up with Dr. Awesome next Friday (before I head to Bham to see REBA!).  And, just like my cousin Katie said in the comments, I have to draw the ABCs with my foot three times a day.

Good thing I’m a writer.  I guess you could say I’m kinda a professional when it comes to letters.

Hopefully I will have something else to blog about now.  Or maybe not.  If the swelling or bruising increase, you’ll be the first to know.  Because as I told Sophie yesterday, I take my job as a photo-journalist rather seriously.

1. John Ireland
    posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 11:57 AM  |  reply

sorry, pal, for the Stage 3 sprain. BUT, will pray for a speedy recovery – and for your heart. 🙂

2. Cousin Katie
    posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 12:34 PM  |  reply

sweet, i got a little shout out. Stage 3 is no fun at all. I’ve only had a stage 3 once. In fact, I was on cructches at Epworth when I had my stage 3 sprain. It was nice. The beach and crutches.. don’t try that at home.

3. candace
    posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 1:46 PM  |  reply

Reba? as in Fancy?

4. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 2:02 PM  |  reply

Oh, you poor thing! After my comment on one of your previous posts about all of my falling, I feel almost like I spoke this accident over you! So let me make up for it by speaking something positive over you – that God will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways, and that they will lift you up in their hands so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. As a matter of fact, my clumsiness got a lot better after I memorized Psalm 91 and started saying it to myself daily, so I highly recommend frequenting that passage of Scripture. I’ll pray you heal quickly.

5. Face
    posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 2:17 PM  |  reply

Torn ligaments…. think about that… parts of your body that actually tore… no wonder your ankle looks like that. So sorry, friend.

Love that Candace said, “As in Fancy?”
    Yes, Candace. And Reba as in “No use cryin’ over spilled perfume.”

I made your pitcher o’ soup last night. It really is good. Sam gobbled it up, too.

6. Debbie
    posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 2:21 PM  |  reply

Hey Annie, just want you to know that I am praying for a quick recovery for you!….hugs!

7. Kristi Kay
    posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 2:44 PM  |  reply

I love that in the middle of pain and being x-rayed, you can still give a chuckle as you make Office references to yourself 🙂

8. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 3:00 PM  |  reply

So sorry about the injury, Annie! Wow, I just caught up today on your last 3 posts. Ouch. I’ll be praying it heals quickly! You are SO not alone!

9. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 4:40 PM  |  reply

Dr. Awesome. I wish I knew you in real life.

10. posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 5:00 PM  |  reply

Heck YEAH you get to come see Reba!
    Seriously, I can’t wait.
    Rock on, Dr. Awesome. Glad she was fab.

11. Bethanne
    posted on Nov 07, 2008 at 5:30 PM  |  reply

Oh Girl!!! I just looked at the previous post with the pics of the cankle and it aint looking good. I hope it is feeling some better today. I cant believe you dont love the drugs…..I love me some mind altering percocet! I mean not everyday or anything, but when I have a kid or wisdom teeth pulled, you know things like that.
    Someday, when you are a mother and cannot even go #2 by yourself, you will look back on the days of the cracked up cankle and wish for some down time with sleep inducing drugs involved…..trust me you will. 😉

12. posted on Nov 08, 2008 at 9:34 AM  |  reply

Oh Annie! I hope it heals quickly and in the meantime I am praying for your ankle and the sadness.

13. posted on Nov 08, 2008 at 5:31 PM  |  reply

OW!

And yet I have to look…

14. Laura
    posted on Nov 08, 2008 at 10:01 PM  |  reply

i love you down to the last torn ligament. p.s because you have to write the ABC’S 3x a day, you should do them once in upper case, once in lower case and once in cursive. oh, and i think i know who yor twin is. call me please.

15. Mandy Mann
    posted on Nov 09, 2008 at 2:42 PM  |  reply

Hey Annie….call me if you need to go to the grocery today. I think we need pictures of your ankle to go along with the blogs…

16. posted on Nov 09, 2008 at 6:51 PM  |  reply

Mikey B just asked, “Whose ankle is that I see every time I walk through your office?” HAHA! He says you should be a medical photographer.