When Preggos use the drive thru.

on November 11, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

I was talking to a pregnant friend of mine on the phone yesterday.  Let’s call her.. uh… Shmolly.

And as we talked, Shmolly said, “Hang on, let me place this order.”

I said, “Ok.” because it is not uncommon for one of us to need to put the other on hold in order to take care of some sort of life-changing biz-nass, such as a drive-thru lane or um… to use the restroom.

So as I listen, this is what Shmolly says, “Yeah, can I get eighteen apple pies? [pause] No, not eight.  Eighteen.  Like 1-8.”

Dang. If pregnant people get to eat eighteen apple pies, maybe I am more ready to be a mom than I thought.

Some friendships are built on honesty, trust, or common interests.  Not us.

Shmolly and I?  Our friendship is built on a mutual love of all things pastry.

1. camille
    posted on Nov 11, 2008 at 8:15 AM  |  reply

Unbelievable. Love that pregnant Shmolly.

2. Debbie
    posted on Nov 11, 2008 at 8:31 AM  |  reply

This will go down as a “classic remember that post when Smolly was pregnant” !!! Too funny, thanks for the lol this morning! Sending happy thoughts, Debs

3. Southern Gal
    posted on Nov 11, 2008 at 9:05 AM  |  reply

Too funny. But, tell us the truth. She did not order those for herself, right? Surely she was taking them back to the youth group or some such biz-nazz.

4. posted on Nov 11, 2008 at 11:07 AM  |  reply

Shmolly sounds like a girl after my own heart…kinda like you!! hugs and extra prayers (extra’s are mostly for the cankle;))

5. posted on Nov 11, 2008 at 11:22 AM  |  reply

Any given day I can put away more than my alloted amount of food, but when pregnant, it’s positively shameful. Probably not 18 apple pies, but definitely somewhere closer to the side of inappropriate.

6. posted on Nov 11, 2008 at 11:46 AM  |  reply

That is hilarious!!!! I would love to know your first words to her when she got back on the phone!!! Did you mention it? Or just leave a preggo woman to her enjoyment?

7. posted on Nov 11, 2008 at 3:17 PM  |  reply

Good thing it wasn’t raining here yesterday. Schmolly would hate for those apple pies to get “moist.”

8. posted on Nov 11, 2008 at 8:11 PM  |  reply

when i was in romania i ate 3 cherry pies from mcdonalds, got sick. they still made them the way they did when i was little, flakey and crazy full of fat, WOW good. but 18! thats a lot for any human to eat shmolly.

9. posted on Nov 12, 2008 at 12:14 AM  |  reply

Hilarious!! I sure hope that your pregnant friend Schmolly doesn’t have any sort of bladder issues. Overeating combined with pregnancy and laughter could cause significant problems.

Careful Schmolly. Learn to share honey.

10. posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 9:20 AM  |  reply

makes me miss being pregnant . . . but oh how it stinks afterwards when those 18 pies seem to be stuck around your midsection . . .

11. Ashley
    posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 1:17 PM  |  reply

laughing so hard i’m crying at work. i wish i had been on the phone with y’all!