Thanks to Cankle.

on November 13, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 12 comments by

You Cankled-Out yet?  Last one.  I promise.

Last Wednesday afternoon, after I got home from the ER, I tried to find an orthopedic doctor in town.  I called my church to see if the secretary knew of any doctors in our congregation.  No luck.  So I put it on facebook and twitter- “somebody help me find a doctor!” [Oh modern technology, I heart you.]

Robyn sent me an address and phone number for Vanderbilt’s sports medicine department, I called it and made an appointment.  I’ve already told you how much I Luh-huved! Dr. Awesome and how she is the greatest orthopedic doctor I’ve ever wanted to be bfries with in my whole life.

BUT.

The most amazing thing happened Sunday morning at church.  Because not only is Dr. Awesome my neighbor and fellow Frothy Monkey patron, she and her family GO TO MY CHURCH.

Let me tell you why that amazed me and almost made me cry at church.  Since Cankle 08 started, heck- since I moved to Nashville, the enemy has wanted me to feel alone and unloved and uncared for.  [P.S- he wants to do that to you, too.] But God, in His amazing ways, has instead overwhelmed me with care.  [P.S- He is always doing that for you, too.] Though there is nothing that replaces a Mama [my Mama, particularly], my friends have come pretty darn close with this Cankle thing- repeatedly offering to take me grocery shopping, bringing me popsicles, walking slow as Christmas with me so I don’t get left behind, calling to check in, you name it.  It’s been sweet.  Really sweet for my soul.

And then the icing on this cake is that Dr. Awesome goes to my church.  Because what are the chances that in a city FULL OF GREAT CHURCHES, we go to the same one?  Or in a building FULL OF PEOPLE (like 1,000), I would walk in right behind her?

It was a moment that God took to remind me that He doesn’t overlook details. And that what the enemy has planned to be my defeat, well, the Lord makes those His greatest victories.

Not just for me.  But for you, too.  Cankle or not.

1. Southern Gal
    posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 8:28 AM  |  reply

You got me singing:
    The victory is mine when the battle is the Lord’s.
    Hosanna, Hosanna!
    No enemy can stand when His praise goes forth.
    Hosanna, Hosanna!
    (One of my favorite Donut Man songs. I’m excited my 6-year-old loves those tapes as much as my 19 and 17yo did!)
    AND I’m so glad you’re feeling better.
    Renee

2. Debbie
    posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 9:28 AM  |  reply

Oh, so good! Oh, so God ! Your sharing goes so far, so wide and so deep! Hugs, Debs

3. posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 9:50 AM  |  reply

God rules at details!

4. posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 11:04 AM  |  reply

I’ve tagged you to share your 7 favorite things about your kitchen, I hope you don’t mind. I love all of your delicious recipes and would love to see more about the space where you create them!

5. posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 11:11 AM  |  reply

That is awesome!!! Yes – God takes care of our hearts, souls & minds …. & even our cankles!!!

6. posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 12:43 PM  |  reply

That God of ours is just too cool. Thanks for the story, it lifted my spirits (I have a cold today, and it’s nice to be reminded that God cares so much for us).

7. posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 1:24 PM  |  reply

how cool is that? God is good!! hugs and prayers…

8. posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 2:16 PM  |  reply

The God of the brokenhearted and the broken-cankled. (I know it’s not really broken, but it fit my analogy so I have to stay with it, OK?)

9. Mandy Mann
    posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 2:42 PM  |  reply

hey my friend…i hope your ankle is slowly feeling better. THat is so wild Dr. Awesome goes to our church….I have a gift for you from Mrs. Wagner in my possesion and will get it to you asap…we’re running to Ohio for a day and a half. Will you be at church Sunday?

10. posted on Nov 13, 2008 at 8:21 PM  |  reply

love it! surprises are SO God.

11. posted on Nov 14, 2008 at 3:18 PM  |  reply

Hey…Isaiah 54…the Lord protects us and no weapon formed against us may prosper! Yay! I am hoping your ankle gets to feeling better!!! :o)

12. posted on Nov 17, 2008 at 10:31 PM  |  reply

I am laughing out loud. I barely ever do that when I read blogs. I hope your ankle is better soon!