That is what I call a WEEK-END.

on November 18, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 13 comments by

If I could think of a stronger exclamation than BOOYAH, I would use it to describe my weekend.

But obviously.  There is no stronger language to be used.

Let me give you the highlights, in bullet points and randomly inserted photographs.

-Friday I drove to Birmingham, just a quick jaunt.  So please don’t be sad if you are my family know me and live there and I didn’t see you.  I promise I wasn’t even there for 12 hours hardly.

-Late lunch with Sophie and Alex.  He told me he loved me, called me his girlfriend, and asked, “Mama, can I unclick [unbuckle] to give Miss Annie sugar?” And that’s when I got engaged to a 5 year old.

-Dinner with Robyn‘s family, and about 30 minutes of getting a SEVERE whooping from her 7 year old daughter on the Wii.  I’ve really got to get better at virtual ping-pong.

-THEN…. the reason for the trip….. REBA MCENTIRE/KELLY CLARKSTON CONCERT.  Sweet Robyn invited me to go with her as a b-day celebration and I HAPPILY attended. 8th row center seats?  Yes ma’am.  She did a much finer job recapping this than I ever will, so go there and read her recap if you so desire.

[I will take this opportunity to say the most exciting moment of my life of the night was when BARBARA JEAN from the Reba TV show came out and did stand up. Listen. I was thrilled. To put it mildly. Cause I don’t know if you have heard, but I. LOVE. THE. REBA. SHOW.  Like the “4 episodes a day” kind of love.]

-Saturday morning I had brunch with some Bham bloggers (Gayle, Robyn, Sophie, and LoraLynn).  Again, Gayle has the cute pics and summarized quite nicely, so go there if you are just chompin’ at the bit to read about the gritty details of our two hour meal.  By saying “gritty”, I am being punny, because I actually ate shrimp and grits.

[And can you believe I honestly have NO training in humor writing?  That stuff, like the double meaning when I use the word “gritty”, just comes out naturally. I know. What a gift.]

-Then I drove to the ATL, where I saw this in the sky and took a moment to say, “God, I believe Your promises for me.”  Cause sometimes, y’all, we just need to say that stuff outloud.  Can I get an amen from the choir?

-On Sunday, myself and a bunch of my nearest and dearest got to throw a shower for my bfry Molly. You may have heard of her…. she has a bit of a sweet tooth.  Ahem.

-Then my favorite 2 year old on the entire planet built me a bird house.  Ok, he didn’t really build it per say, but he was seriously hammering the nails and unscrewing the screws.  Look at that form!  That’s a man in a toddler body, I tell ya.

-Then I saw a wedding gown of a future bride, ate homemade marshmallows, and watched football with my family, had Zaxby’s zalads with Haley and Molly today, then got on the road.

Now I’m back in Nashville. And went to my accountability group, which is a GIFT in my life.  It would be weird to tell you what we talk about, but suffice it to say that they already know my junkiest junk and they hug me anyways.

What a weekend.

What a life.

1. Southern Gal
    posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 7:11 AM  |  reply

My daughter would have seriously fought you for those seats at that concert. Reba TV show fan to the max.

So glad you had a refreshing weekend.

2. Cousin Katie
    posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 8:28 AM  |  reply

Annie,

This is in no relation to your blog, but can you send me the white chocolate pepppermint candy recipe that you or Tatum makes? Thanks!

3. posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 8:30 AM  |  reply

Glad you enjoyed the Reba concert. I heard it was a blast too. From one Reba fan to another be sure to check out:

We are working our butts off trying to spread the word about it. If you have any suggestions on how to get the word out to fans, we would really appreciate
    it.

The Secret of Giving is approved by Starstruck Entertainment and the founder, Ms. Rhonda Goss works very closely with Reba’s Ranch House. We have raised $1,918.44 from everyday fans by simply word of mouth.

Rhonda and I are both longtime Reba fans and we are 150% committed to the success of the Secret of Giving. It is past time to give back to Reba for everything she has done for us in a way that has never been done before.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Tracey
    rebafansunited@cox.net

4. Bethanne
    posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 8:50 AM  |  reply

Amen (from the choir)…and I definitely call that a great weekend….Reba AND Kelly???? That is too cool…..but when you add Barbara Jean…..well, I would have just peed my pants.

5. posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 9:39 AM  |  reply

I TOTALLY heart Barbara Jean!

So very VERY jealous of you right now.

😉

6. posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 10:18 AM  |  reply

No training in humor writing, I mean come on… You’re practically teaching the class! Thanks for the laughs. Bomb diggity weekends are great and I’m glad you got to explode with one! And with that, AMEN! (from the choir.)

7. posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 11:00 AM  |  reply

I need to watch Reba – all the girls in my youth group I lead say I’m just like Barbra Jean – I dont know if that’s good or bad…let’s just say – I love a Bedazzler – that kills the girls!!!

8. posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 11:00 AM  |  reply

Super fun to meet you on Saturday!

9. posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 12:22 PM  |  reply

BEEE utiful.

booyah.

10. posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 4:10 PM  |  reply

It was so good to see you while you were in town this weekend.

… oh wait.

11. posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 4:43 PM  |  reply

You got to see Barbara Jean? Ok, now I’m jealous!

12. posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 10:21 PM  |  reply

bill, i was happy to see her too… oh wait…

but seriously, is there such a thing as a homemade marshmallow?

13. posted on Nov 18, 2008 at 10:55 PM  |  reply

I saw that rainbow too! From our house north of Atlanta we could see the entire arc. What an amazing gift. It was even double for a little while.