You had me at Google.

on November 20, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 13 comments by

I know some other bloggers have done this before, but I don’t think I have.  Maybe I have.  I don’t totally remember.  We just passed 500 posts here people, and 2 years worth of my brain puke, so it’s hard to recall.

Anyways….. this weekend, Sophie gave me some tips on finding blog stuff…. blah blah blah…. you totally don’t care about the tech talk that would come out of my mouth [fingers?] explaining what I’m talking about.

Suffice it to say I found a new place that lists all the phrases that brought you, my bloggites, to this here blog from Google in the month of November.

And in order to really meet the needs of my people, I will address those of you who arrived here via bizarro googling:

annie – maybe free download“- I mean, maybe I’m a free download?  I’m not sure.  But give it a shot.

hi my name is“- If you have to google what your name is, then you might need to see a doctor.  Or call someone more educated (like your mom), because Google, though VERY smart, does not know your name. And neither do I, sadly.

scabs in nashville“- Sick.  I hope not.

cankle“- Well.  No one is surprised about that.

examples of blogs written by friends“- That’s nice.  I have always considered you a friend, too.

decorating brownies like footballs“- The trick is in the muffin tin. Here’s how you do it.

pay basic cable and get expanded basic“- Let me warn you, with that new no antenna biz-nass in February, Obama will bust you for stealing cable in 09.  You just wait for it.

1999 annie part 1“- That would be the spring of my freshman year of college.

annie at costco“- Probably.

fat blogs“- Ahem. My blog is the same size as everyone else’s. How rude.

the world as it should be“- Aww. You googled that and ended up here?  Well, isn’t that the sweetest thing.  And yes, this is the place where the world is as it should be.

who wrote the book trust me“-I want to make up an answer, but then you won’t trust me anymore.

www.anmiebloggs.com“- Wow. You really need to slow down when you type- that is quite a lot of errors.

tupperware nashville tennessee“- Where? Cause you know I want some real bad.

what can’t i do on snowy day“- Go swimming.

stealing coupons“- That’s not nice.

carmelbooty“- …… I don’t even know what to say.

1. Ali
    posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 8:16 AM  |  reply

Too funny!

2. Southern Gal
    posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 9:18 AM  |  reply

You’re a hoot! Short for hootenannie?? I don’t know how you spell that, but you’re smart and I know you catch my drift.

3. posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 12:07 PM  |  reply

carmelbooty? really?? that’s hilarious!! how do you know what they used to get here?? just wondering?? i am so internet illiterate, it’s not funny, well yeah, it kind of is…love yas!! hugs and prayers…

4. Molly
    posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 1:11 PM  |  reply

OK, I can add a layer of oddness to this Google-ness here.

This morning, before my coffee, I hit on a website with a joke Google search engine. It told me to ask a question, so I did, “Where is Annie?”, Annie being my daughter’s name. One of the top hits was your blog, and I figured I’d take a look. So there I am, reading about your ankle woes, and the odd Google searches leading people to your blog, and your friend Molly, being pummeled about the head and shoulders by the synchronicity of the interwebs.
    See, my daughter Annie sprained her ankle like this back in July. She’s been through hell with this injury, described as a Stage Three sprain, with a small fracture in one bone. It’s not been healing, at all, and she’s been on crutches for a long, long time now. Finally we’ve found a Dr. who prescribed a nerve pain medication to reduce the inflammation that’s keeping her from healing, and she’s getting some relief and some progress with the healing. Thank goodness. I hope your ankle is progressing as well!

In any case, it took me making a cup of coffee and reading over your last few entries again to convince myself this was not all some weird trick being played on me by the powers of Google. However, between the Annie and the Molly and the ankle and the Google, coincidences abound, and I had to let you know. Ahh, also, one of my best friends works for Google 😉

Anyhow, it’s nice to meet you, Annie. My Annie said I had to write and tell you all this, and she sends her greetings as well. She’s in Worcester, Mass, Studying chemistry and working on healing her ankle; You are so not alone!

Have a good one out there. Watch out for the interwebs, they’ll mess with you sometimes 😉

~Molly

5. posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 1:42 PM  |  reply

Carmelbooty was me. I was typing in your nickname to see if your blog would come up.

6. posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 2:54 PM  |  reply

I love the Annie at Costco. “Probably.” Perfect reply.

7. posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 4:37 PM  |  reply

criminey – you are hilarious. i have to do one of these, but i think yours is far funnier.

anmie

8. candace
    posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 8:01 PM  |  reply

how did you and marie-claire end up with the exact same sense of humor? however it happened, we all benefit.

9. posted on Nov 20, 2008 at 9:54 PM  |  reply

We all love your “Carmel Booty” Annie!

10. posted on Nov 21, 2008 at 1:20 AM  |  reply

so … i’m interested … how did you find out where we all had come from ? you know … this bit “a new place that lists all the phrases that brought you, my bloggites, to this here blog from Google in the month of November….”

11. posted on Nov 21, 2008 at 6:17 PM  |  reply

I’m surprised that “flying crane” or “jackhammer” didn’t come up, those are always what I google to find you.

12. posted on Nov 22, 2008 at 12:12 AM  |  reply

[…] My friend Annie discusses some of the Google searches that land folks on her […]

13. posted on Nov 22, 2008 at 11:17 PM  |  reply

Must be something in the air lately. I did a “google search” post just two days ago.

Your search terms were awesome. 🙂