He’s always been faithful.

on December 6, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

In recent times I have not put lyrics in my posts. [I don’t know an exact date so I have no clue whether to say “weeks” or “months” here, so I take the less risky road and say “times”. I’m guessing you don’t care, but alas. It’s already said.]

But EVERY.TIME. this song comes on my iPod or iTunes, it changes me.  It’s by Sara Groves, who in my personal opinion, does absolutely all things right musically and lyrically.

I’m sure she is a flawed human, but I have no proof of that.

Anyways, read these lyrics.  Please.  And hug them to your soul.

__________

Morning by morning I wake up to find
The power and comfort of God’s hand in mine
Season by season I watch Him, amazed
In awe of the mystery of His perfect ways
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me.

I can’t remember a trial or a pain
He did not recycle to bring me gain
I can’t remember one single regret
In serving God only, and trusting His hand
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful to me.

This is my anthem, this is my song
The theme of the stories I’ve heard for so long
God has been faithful, He will be again
His loving compassion, it knows no end
All I have need of, His hand will provide
He’s always been faithful, He’s always been faithful
He’s always been faithful to me.

1. posted on Dec 06, 2008 at 10:36 AM  |  reply

I am first…how special for me:)

Sara Groves is the only artist I have ever met that made me stutter b/c I am that huge of a super fan.

Everything she writes, stabs me in the heart. In the good kind of way

2. Christine
    posted on Dec 06, 2008 at 12:36 PM  |  reply

Annie,
    I love this song, too–it is one of the songs I want played at my funeral–I especially love the “old” intro. Her Conversations CD is one of my favorites–have you heard Generations? Have a great weekend

3. posted on Dec 06, 2008 at 12:55 PM  |  reply

love this song. 🙂

4. posted on Dec 06, 2008 at 1:11 PM  |  reply

I have read of many churches celebrating Christmas with Pageants that include an actual baby portraying the role of ‘baby Jesus’. Our first child Ruth, was born December 12th, 1981 and was chosen to be ‘baby Jesus’ for our church’s (Reba Place Fellowship) Christmas Eve service. Last year, our grandson, Charlie, born on Oct. 19th 2008, was chosen, also at Reba Place Fellowship. But in prison no such ritual exists. I wasn’t even thinking about babies being in Christmas plays back in 1972. This was yet another year in prison the difference being this was my first Christmas as a christian. The Christmas service held new meaning for me as we sang the traditional Christmas Carols bringing with it a hope for a new life with a redeemed future. Christian volunteers were a part of our service at the U. S. Medical Center for Prisoners in Springfield, Mo. As our service wound to completion a cry was heard. The faint whimpering of a baby. My first thought was that I wasn’t hearing what I thought I had heard. I had been in prison for many years and had never even seen a baby inside of a prison (not counting my infrequent times in the visiting room.) But there it was again, a baby crying. Someone, a volunteer, had brought their baby into the service wrapped in a blanket unnoticed by the guards. I then thought, there was our ‘baby Jesus’. The parents of the yet unknown child were the children of an older couple (Lloyd and Nita Colbaugh) who had only a few years previously began their ministry to the prison. Even the great-grandmother (Mom Carter) was a volunteer and had played a significant role in my own conversion, telling me that God had a plan for my life. Life would go on and the incident of ‘baby Jesus’ coming to prison would fade to a memory, until the baby grew up and now is known throughout many countries far and wide as acclaimed singer/songwriter Sara Groves. I hope this story adds to your appreciation of the life of Sara and her family.John

5. posted on Dec 06, 2008 at 1:52 PM  |  reply

I read your blog daily but have never commented but I had to just share my love of this song.

It changes me too every time I hear it and often I cannot hear it without tearing up…such beautiful words and such wonderous thoughts of His Faithfulness.
    I often find that I have the lyrics of the song in my head, especially when I am having a bad day or am feeling down.

Blessings.

6. posted on Dec 06, 2008 at 2:46 PM  |  reply

SG rocks my world. I want to be a beautiful writer, like her. I want to be a beautiful soul, like her.

And to top it all off, SHE is beautiful.

Sigh. Love Sara Groves.

7. posted on Dec 06, 2008 at 6:23 PM  |  reply

Sara Groves is a Minnesotan.

I’m just saying.

By the way, I’m so glad to have found another person who ISN’T a singer/songwriter, yet who finds music to be the language of her soul. (True for you? Or am I over-reaching?)

8. Lindsey
    posted on Dec 06, 2008 at 7:38 PM  |  reply

Not to be completely off-topic or anything, but…

how ’bout those Gators? 🙂

9. posted on Dec 06, 2008 at 9:05 PM  |  reply

thanks for sharing. LOVE the lyrics. 🙂

10. Lisa
    posted on Dec 07, 2008 at 12:05 AM  |  reply

hi annie! i got your comment on my blog (www.xanga.com/earthdirtandYou) and you asked for my email address – it’s heisfaithful20@gmail.com – thanks!

11. posted on Dec 09, 2008 at 1:16 AM  |  reply

Oh, girl, that is my favorite Sara Groves song too. “I can’t remember a trial or a pain He did not recycle to bring me gain” Beautiful stuff.