Christmas Tour of Homes 08

on December 15, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 20 comments by

BooMamaChristmasTourAnd in Annie world, “Christmas Tour of Homes” translates to “WOW.  Look at what Roomie has been doing while Annie watched episodes of Arrested Development on hulu.com.”

Because nothing fills me with Christmas spirit like television on the internet and Buster Bluth.  Agreed? Who’s with me?

[crickets…..]

And okay. On to the decorations.

On the door, a lovely star full of Christmas like things from the woods.

star1

Trust me, if times get tough enough, I’m busting this thing open and having a snack.  Don’t put it past me.

The tree is super cute.  A short little guy, but I love him just the same.

tree1

I know, right?  Precious.  Roomie is quite the decorator.  And it has a bit of a red and black theme because we have a small obsession with love for the Georgia Bulldogs.  A little touch of gold never hurt anybody either.  And by little touch I assume you know I mean that delicate bow.

And I just liked this angle.

tree2

So there’s your tender Tennessee Christmas [that’s for you, Robyn].  And here’s the real reason I don’t have any of my holiday items- I left all my decorations in Marietta and forgot to get them when I went home for Thanksgiving. So my nativity scene and my Atlanta Falcons ornaments and my Glory Haus sign are all huddled together in the cold storage unit asking themselves, “What did we ever do to her to deserve this?”.

And in shame I answer, “It’s not you.  It’s me.  And the size of my car that limits what items come with me to Nashville.”

Agreed.  I should have brought the baby Jesus and left the box of purses.

Merry Christmas, bloggy friends.

Come back tomorrow for my favorite holiday snack [I made 147 on Saturday for this guy‘s party] and my favorite gift to give in 2008 [I can’t make these].

1. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 1:57 AM  |  reply

Very cute! I’m right behind you on Mr. Linky. I thought that was funny.

2. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 2:28 AM  |  reply

Baby Jesus or the box of purses? That would have been a hard call for me to make too. Purses can’t be with you in spirit, after all…

3. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 2:57 AM  |  reply

Love the Christmas thingy from the woods.

Merry Christmas!!!!!

4. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 8:29 AM  |  reply

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
    Gracias.

5. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 9:06 AM  |  reply

Go Dawgs!

6. DebS
    posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 9:22 AM  |  reply

Random,but the little snowman reminds me of SNL’s Mr.Bill all decked out for winter fun!…I love Mr.Bill…he dates me, but have you noticed he is back on a commercial…such a cool guy! Annie..I read your previous post too…I love “real bloggers”…listen to yesterday’s River sermon, addresses fears…and by the way I love you, because you are YOU !

7. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 9:23 AM  |  reply

I love you. Daddy.

8. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM  |  reply

My favorite Buster moment: “MOM’S STILL GOT IT!”

If you haven’t seen it yet, just know that you have A Moment coming your way.

9. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 12:53 PM  |  reply

I adore Buster. “Hey, brother.” Hehe. And your tree is so cute!

10. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 2:53 PM  |  reply

oooohhhh pretty!! purses rock!! happy monday!!

11. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 4:12 PM  |  reply

My husband and I are still depressed about AD’s cancellation and bought everything we could find on DVD! So I’m with you!

Love the decorations — especially the star!

12. Leah
    posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 7:09 PM  |  reply

Annie: I’m a friend of Missy, and she told me to check out your blog because she thinks we would be friends – and not just because both of us are single (Missy’s cool that way). After today’s post, I know why. You absolutely made the right decision to bring home the purses. There is no reason to decorate if your roommate does – it just adds to the number of things that have to be dusted – or dusted around, which is even more annoying.

But I’m not a Scrooge – ask Missy. I’m just sayin…

Leah

13. Leah
    posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 7:10 PM  |  reply

friend of Missy’s –

14. posted on Dec 15, 2008 at 9:27 PM  |  reply

oh – i love it!!

15. posted on Dec 16, 2008 at 10:17 AM  |  reply

Thanks for having us over 🙂 I want some chocolate covered pretzels now too!

16. Barb-a-licious
    posted on Dec 16, 2008 at 5:04 PM  |  reply

#1- LOVE arrested development
    #2- love Buster and he is from Macon. Root Rooooot.
    #3- Can’t wait for Friday!!!

17. Barb-a-licious
    posted on Dec 16, 2008 at 5:06 PM  |  reply

Michael: I thought Buster had everything under control. I thought you’ve been going in to the office.

Buster: Yes, and I’ve enjoyed that. It’s just that I was constantly being called to the phone, or I was asked a question, or I was resuscitated and it was really hard to get a good work flow going.

18. Sean Kirkland
    posted on Dec 17, 2008 at 10:58 AM  |  reply

So glad you’re an AD fan. I heard actual facts stating the a feature-length movie is going to happen. No more rumors.

One of my old roommates from NYC is friends with Tony Hale, the actor that plays Buster. Word.

19. posted on Dec 17, 2008 at 9:59 PM  |  reply

Beautiful decorations. I especially like the star on the front door. Thanks for sharing!

20. posted on Dec 18, 2008 at 8:13 PM  |  reply

So, I don’t even know what Robyn said to envoke the “Tender Tennessee Christmas” but I’ve got to say…best Christmas song ever!! Okay, top 5. I just realized that, while I have always wondered, you are my first chance to know, is it true? Does the love really circle around you, like the gifts around the tree? You must keep me updated, ’cause I’m dying to know;)