It’s draining all my good jokes.

on December 28, 2008 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 13 comments by

This 1,000 words a day, that is.

If you’re new around here, since, oh, I don’t know, last Monday, then maybe you don’t know why I’m writing 1,000 words a day.  So just go here and catch yourself up.

And so far things are going swimmingly in the words department.  I CANNOT tell you how much I depend on and appreciate your prayers.  Wow.  Something on the inside feels different.  New words that I didn’t expect to write, stories and examples from ten years, even twenty years, coming back to my mind like they happened yesterday.

Let’s just say that I wish the one about that embarrassing moment at Six Flags in 1997 would have just stayed wherever it came from.  Because when I wrote it, I literally said aloud, “Can you believe you even still have FRIENDS?”

Meanwhile, there is not an area of my mind that has not been under constant attack.  Whether it be temptations, or lies, or worries, it has been a full on battle.  Which means you jokers are doing something right.  And I’m doing something “write”.  [Ha- those are the kinds of jokes you were looking for, am I right or am I right?]  Even just being at the grocery store tonight, it was a fight to hear truth.  Which is silly because it hasn’t been this bad in a long time, if ever.  And never at the blessed grocery store.

But I’m fine, don’t stress.  It’s all part of the job.  I’m pretty sure it was in my job description…. that I guess I wrote since I work for myself.  But whatevs.

In other news, I’m back in Nashville. Marietta was great, being home was great.  It’s like a car that needs gas.  I just needed it.  Friends.  Family.  The normal that I knew still existing in some forms.

To keep this random rabbit trail of thoughts continuing, I’ll also tell you that I absolutely love the week between Christmas and New Year’s.  I love looking back over the year, seeing what God and I have been through/survived somehow, and just overall assessing my world.

And I will blog about.  A LOT.  You just wait for it.

[Sorry for the lame-o post.  I just wanted to make sure you knew I was alive.  You thought I was being humble when I said I run out of good things to write while I’m working on a book full time.  I wasn’t.  I was being for realz.]

And since you suffered through that, I’ll show you this.  My sisters and I in the “welcome home” pajamas from my mother. Any joke I attempt to make here simply pales in comparison to the idea of three sisters over the age of 20 wearing footy pajamas.  [Can I just say that the one in the middle, Tatum, lives in Hawaii.  Hence the freakin’ ridiculous tan.  Tough life, missionary.]

sisters_xmas

If that doesn’t make up for a less than stellar post, well.  Then I apologize.

1. posted on Dec 28, 2008 at 10:54 PM  |  reply

I can’t get enough of that photo. Ever!

2. Julianne
    posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 12:14 AM  |  reply

haha i absolutely love the footy pajamas!

3. Southern Gal
    posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 7:20 AM  |  reply

Love the photo. I would absolutely burn up in anything I can’t get my feet out of in the middle of the night. But I see you have a T-shirt on under yours. Yeah, you were telling the truth about freezing at night.

Yay for the writing! Still praying.

4. posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 8:27 AM  |  reply

Are those sock monkey feet? That is greatness.

5. Ali B
    posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 2:33 PM  |  reply

The difficult thing about those p.j.s (I would imagine) would be getting them off in the middle of the night to pee. If it weren’t for that reason and the fact that I live in the tropics, I would SOOO want some of my own. You girls look fabulous!

6. posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 2:51 PM  |  reply

i just want to squeeze all of you!!! you look so adorable!! God Bless your Mother!!! 😉 As for the rest….stick with it, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! hugs and prayers…

7. posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 3:56 PM  |  reply

I love love LOVE the photo! However, at my stage in life, I would be lucky not to pee ’em when I do the mad dash in the middle of the night… so mine would need a drop seat !!!
    I just love the monkey sock feet and your Mother must sure love all of you! That photo is priceless and would make the perfect Christmas card or on an ornament for the tree!

8. posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 9:05 PM  |  reply

I love, love, love the photo. I once got my sisters and I matching PJs for Christmas, in hopes that we would put them on like this for a “relive” childhood moment. Ah, ya, that didn’t go over well with my sisters. They thought it was too silly. Come on! Have some fun!

Ok girl – – pull out those warrior stories for your 1000 words a day and make those spiritual attackers pack-up for a tactical retreat.

9. posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 10:42 PM  |  reply

and, just like you… i have no words.

10. BigBad
    posted on Dec 29, 2008 at 11:14 PM  |  reply

Does BTC have a pair, also?

11. posted on Dec 30, 2008 at 3:47 AM  |  reply

Love it. Simply love it. Seriously. Love it.

So proud of your awesome word count. I write Bible studies for moms and I know this glorious experience when words flow and ideas gel and profound truth is presented in a practical way. I love it for you. Press on.

12. Jenn
    posted on Dec 30, 2008 at 6:01 AM  |  reply

At least those are flattering on everyone.

13. Debs
    posted on Jan 01, 2009 at 10:51 PM  |  reply

I think this is my favorite Christmas picture of 08 ! You girls are so awesome…..that’s what I think of my 3 sons too! 🙂
    Happy New Year Annie…loving your blog…it charges & challenges me!