Nanny McAnnie Diaries- Day 1

on January 8, 2009 in Nanny McAnnie Diaries, video blogs with 12 comments by

Nanny McAnnie here, reporting from Atlanta.  Some friends of mine have gone out of the country and I’m watching their kids.  If there is anything that has steadily paid the bills throughout the last 15 years of my life, it has been ye old babysitting.  So that part is awesome.  Not to mention that I think these kids are pretty funny and I like any excuse to be in ATL.

And since the parents are, you know, on the other side of the world, we’ll be posting a video each day and a little update.

[For those reading on an RSS feed, click on over- there’s a cute little video right here.]

Today went great- ice cream, trip to Target, lots of laughs.  Only one small injury involving the drain in the bathtub and the big sister’s butt cheek/upper leg.  She cried a few tears so I called upon a classic injury joke of mine- “I guess I’m going to have to cut your leg off”.  She laughed and got over it.

Both are asleep now, the little one snoring her heart out, and I’m watching football, blogging, and then hittin’ my 1000 words for the day.

And my bfry Molly [she’s the one who likes apple pies so much] is in the hospital having her baby!  Can’t wait to show you pictures of the little joker.

1. posted on Jan 08, 2009 at 10:02 PM  |  reply

That was TOO cute! Have fun, and if you want to extend your babysitting fun, just pop on over to BHam….I’ll hook ya up!!!

2. Camille
    posted on Jan 08, 2009 at 10:05 PM  |  reply

YES! I am so excited for Molly! Can’t wait to see pictures!

3. Linda
    posted on Jan 08, 2009 at 11:23 PM  |  reply

Annie, Found your blog through BooMama, I think. I teach high school and often palm my students, though after I do so, I feel the need to explain, just as you did. It must be an intrinsic, inborn teacher move or something. Take care. Keep writing! Blessing to you!

4. ginger
    posted on Jan 09, 2009 at 1:01 AM  |  reply

You will continue to use the, “I guess I’m going to have to cut your (insert injured body part here) off,” throughout your babysitting & mommy years! It’s a standard around my house along with, “You get what you get & you don’t throw a fit!” Have fun in ATL!

5. posted on Jan 09, 2009 at 9:38 AM  |  reply

That was SO stinkin’ cute! I wish I knew how to make little videos like that… Have fun in ATL!

6. posted on Jan 09, 2009 at 10:58 AM  |  reply

Your soundtracking skillz are o-mazing. And speaking of “you too,” do you know of Brian Regan?

7. posted on Jan 09, 2009 at 1:34 PM  |  reply

Ha! I love that you “palmed” her. Glad I’m not the only one who does that…

Looking forward to Day 2!

8. mandy mann
    posted on Jan 09, 2009 at 2:22 PM  |  reply

Nanny McAnnie huh? you are so funny girl. Have fun in Mayretta…tell the Hambricks hello and enjoy seeing molly’s new lil one.

9. amy griffith
    posted on Jan 09, 2009 at 4:34 PM  |  reply

randel and steve will love it! its 430 pm your time on friday and they have just walked out of the airport-i just got off the phone with jg when they came out! yeah, its a LONG trip!!!

10. posted on Jan 10, 2009 at 4:19 AM  |  reply

hey! we are writing on tammy’s name, but it’s US! thanks for the video 🙂

and make my kid chew up her food before she talks….. 🙂

11. posted on Jan 10, 2009 at 10:39 AM  |  reply

I didn’t know the Hambricks were out of town and country. I need to do a better job of keeping up with their blog. Good luck with the kiddos!

12. posted on Jan 10, 2009 at 10:40 PM  |  reply

Fun! I’ll bet they’re LOVING hanging out with you.

The caption about palming Sarah was pretty hilarious.