Riposo.

on January 22, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 12 comments by

I need a break.

A break from writing.  Even though this last chapter is going to slay me.

A break from my computer.  Even though I love me some twitter and facebook and email and blogs.

A break from my finances.  Even though I’m not sure how to pay the bills.

A break from my own issues.  Even though they beg for attention fairly constantly.

So I’m going to Texas.  To this conference with some Nashville friends.

I’m going to drive through Arkansas and look out the window at a state I’ve never seen before.  I’m going to wear flip flops and write in my journal and raise my hands to worship and eat Mrs. Murphy’s homemade granola and do all manner of things not involving my book or my blog or my bills or my worries.

So I’ll see you later.  Have a great weekend.

1. posted on Jan 22, 2009 at 8:08 PM  |  reply

I know jealousy is a sin, but that’s what I am right now….

Can I come!!!?????

2. posted on Jan 22, 2009 at 8:49 PM  |  reply

That sounds delightful! Enjoy!
    Praying for a restful break for you.

3. posted on Jan 22, 2009 at 10:14 PM  |  reply

oh no! did no one give you the heads up that nothing exists in arkansas?? not even air??

4. posted on Jan 22, 2009 at 11:09 PM  |  reply

A break is always a good good thing. I’m heading to ATL for the Travis thing. I so need it. Hope your weekend was fabulous!

5. Debs
    posted on Jan 23, 2009 at 10:03 AM  |  reply

Sounds like good medicine! have a blast…guess who’s going before you…yep, Jesus! Pleasent boundaries my friend!

6. posted on Jan 23, 2009 at 12:17 PM  |  reply

I hope your break is everything you expect, and then some. 🙂 Happy Riposo. 🙂

7. carrie
    posted on Jan 23, 2009 at 3:09 PM  |  reply

have fun!!!! what did we do with our lives before twitter, facebook, blogs and all that mess? we sat a chickfila for hours. yes…and it was nice.

8. posted on Jan 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM  |  reply

Sounds wonderful.

9. posted on Jan 23, 2009 at 9:37 PM  |  reply

Okay – who else has the name Debs in your world? I want to be “the” Debs please. I’m glad that you’re taking a weekend off. But the nurse in me is worried about your stomach-ache. Have you seen a doctor? I wish that I could have seen you and T. more at Christmas. Now that we are all back in our far-flung places, I’m missing everyone again. Love you – “the” original Debs

10. posted on Jan 23, 2009 at 10:20 PM  |  reply

Have a wonderful time. The conference looks awesome. Blessings.

11. posted on Jan 26, 2009 at 9:23 AM  |  reply

Sounds like fun. Can I go along? I am potty trained, can feed myself, won’t bother anyone…

I understand needing a brake. I need one too!

Take care,
    Amy

12. posted on Jan 27, 2009 at 8:52 AM  |  reply

Hey Annie…did you read the Proverbs 31 devo for today? It’s all about guarding your heart. Love it when He does that!! 🙂