Making chocolate chip promises that I find challenging to keep.

on February 18, 2009 in Nash-livin' with 21 comments by

It’s 1:23am.

That’s stupid.  Why am I up, you ask?

Because I, actually, am stupid.

I said, “hey, it’ll be fun to make some cookies for my friends.”

And that, actually, is fun.

Then I said, “Oh, I’ll have to take them to my friends at 8am because I have somewhere to be.”

And that too, actually, is fun.

Remembering at 11:45pm that you haven’t exactly MADE those cookies yet?

Not so fun.

See Annie bake.

cookies

At 1:22am.

time

And though I am probably considered a Real Actress now, this is not an act.  In fact, it is genuinely the state that my face has been in for the last hour.

As if that wasn’t bad enough, now I know you are judging me for having an AT&T phone that isn’t an iPhone.  Can’t a girl have a heart for the flip phone without being looked down upon?

Here’s the reality of the situation.  I’ve typed about 200 words and I’ve got about 2,451 left of COMPLETE NONSENSE that I could type out real fast and then you would have to email me and say, “Thank you, AnnieBlogs, for wasting those 5 minutes of my life.”  In which case I’d feel really bad.  And I try to avoid guilt.  But these are the thoughts that pass through my head after midnight.

Which is why SLEEPING at this hour is a wise use of my time.

Oookkkaayyy.  We’ve reached our limits here.  [Because I just started brainstorming a list of other wise things to do at 1:23am.  And I’m pretty sure they are all dumb to you, while hilarious right now to me.]

Tomorrow I’ll write some sort of inspiring / hilarious / worth your time post and I will pull down this ridiculous post [to which I am bizarrely already emotionally attached] and have it disappear into the land of embarrassing late night blogging.

So for you insomniacs, and West Coasters, congrats on getting to see this post.

Or I’m sorry.

Whichever.

I’ve eaten too much cookie dough.

Amen.

Tags: , ,

1. ginger
    posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 3:35 AM  |  reply

insomnia has its privileges, Annie.
    i have missed reading your complete nonsense, if that’s what you call it. and i have a slide phone. it’s a sony ericsson. no iphone here, either. gotta buy clothes for the kids.

2. posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 3:37 AM  |  reply

I haven’t checked in on you in a while, and what do I find? A blurry-eyed masterpiece written just for us west-coasters! (two hyphens in one sentence? rare, AND beautiful)

Good luck getting some sleep kiddo.

3. ali
    posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 8:02 AM  |  reply

Too much cookie dough? Ain’t no such thing!

4. DebS
    posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 9:15 AM  |  reply

Annie, you were just doing your part to enable those “cookie drunks” that you hang out with! You can’t let your friends down even if it means sleep deprivaton!
    “Sweet dreams”!

5. posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 9:48 AM  |  reply

Wow – you are a good friend. Or a crazy one! Maybe both? I hope you got a little bit of sleep…! 🙂

6. posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 10:52 AM  |  reply

Aww, if I had known you were up, I would’ve called your AT&T flip phone and added to the nonsense. I stayed up way past the sensible hour too, but I don’t have the cookie baking excuse. (Although I did consume a ton of previously baked CC cookies between the hours of 1 a.m. and 2 a.m.).
    Oh, and hi, I’m Jo. I found you via Amber@therunamuck, and I’m enjoying reading your blog, nonsense & all!

7. posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 1:53 PM  |  reply

Annie, Annie, Annie.
    Have I not taught you ANYTHING? There’s no such thing as too much cookie dough.
    Also, I was up at the same ghastly hour last night. And it’s KICKING MY BUTT today. Due to 2 sick kids, I don’t foresee a nap anytime today. That means I will be in bed about 8:30 tonight. Because I’m a party animal like that.

8. posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 2:36 PM  |  reply

you are ridiculous and (i hate to admit it) funny.

9. posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 3:53 PM  |  reply

Yay for the west coast!

Hope you got some shut-eye.

10. KP
    posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 4:21 PM  |  reply

I just can’t tell you how much I enjoy your writing. I found your blog by accident this past summer and have been coming back daily ever since. Thank you for allowing me to both laugh and learn from your journey.

11. posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 5:15 PM  |  reply

lol, aaahhh yes, sleepless nights, i can relate!!! baking cookies?, i might have to try that!!

12. Laura
    posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 7:17 PM  |  reply

This is the reaso that i love you. you crack me up. send me a cookie 🙂

13. posted on Feb 18, 2009 at 10:30 PM  |  reply

That was my kinda post! And now I’m all curious about the other things you brainstormed doing at 1:23 a.m. (I’d probably still think they were hilarious.)

Oh, and Hi Jo! Go see Jo at Mylestones! She’s funny/inspiring/awesome and my new bloggy BFF.

14. posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 12:25 AM  |  reply

Cookie drunk.

You coined the term. Now you illustrate it for us.

(I’m on the West Coast right now, ergo, my late-night comment. Maybe I should stay out here so I can keep up this pace.)

15. Renee
    posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 2:12 AM  |  reply

First of all, cookie dough is amazing at any time of the day or night – and secondly, I remember some nights of crazy behavior WAY past midnight at Youth Camp with you, Miss Annie! Remember, only the truly gifted among us make the most of our day between 1 and 3 am!

16. posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 9:25 AM  |  reply

yummy sleeplessness is the best kind

17. posted on Feb 24, 2009 at 9:38 PM  |  reply

“i’ve eaten too much cookie dough” and “amen” ALWAYS belong together. end of story. xoxo

18. Mel
    posted on Feb 27, 2009 at 4:20 AM  |  reply

You must know that I read this at 1:23 a.m. I kid not.

19. Mel
    posted on Feb 27, 2009 at 4:20 AM  |  reply

Even though it say 4:20 a.m. I’m on the West Coast and apparently my clock is fast.

20. Mel