I have good news. And bad news. That created new news.

on February 19, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 13 comments by

Here’s the good news- my most awesome web hostess Lauren has fixed the tabs across the top of my blog so that now the blogroll has its own special place.  Spectacular.

The bad news that created new news- I am poor.  Not like “lose my home” poor, but more like “Dear God, I need Your help” poor.  And He’s been answering in weird and nice ways.  Including, but not limited to, getting the opportunity to join the BlogHer network as evidenced by the ad to the right (the new news).  I love BlogHer and I appreciate what they do- I’m excited to be a part of this.

If you and I have talked in person about ads on blogs, you know how I feel.  But I’m treating this as a portion of God’s provision for me.  Does it affect you at all?  I hope not.  Does it affect this blog?  What I write?  Who I am?  NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT.

I could have just added it and let it be, but that feels dishonest and its not how I roll.  We’re friends, you and I, at least I think so.  So I’m telling you when things change up in here just like I’d tell a friend.  I honestly don’t even think you’ll notice, especially you google reader readers out there.

I feel weird about this whole thing but that’s because I have deep issues involving blogging and money and friends [and ice cream and cheese, just FYI]. I’m just trying to keep my financial head above water and seriously if we talk much more about it I will ugly cry.  [Because dear money, you make me feel safe. Amen.] I’m CHOOSING to trust God and I KNOW that He has called me to this life and He is faithful. And He is opening doors to meet my financial needs. [Dear God, you are my safety. Amen.]

And now the good news.  Again.  Look how cute this picture is of Robin, me, Shannon, and Amber.  It’s from Blissdom Conference a few weeks ago. I love these women. (Thanks, Robin!)

girls

And gracious.  I still haven’t even told you about my Valentine’s gift!  Augh!  Tomorrow- that’s a perfect Friday blog.

And I can’t stop reading Bachelor spoilers. But that has nothing to do with anything, now does it?

Much love, bloggites and blogmies.

1. Southern Gal
    posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 3:00 PM  |  reply

Aren’t you sweet to be so concerned about your readers and an ad on your blog. Honestly I think every blog I’m subscribed to now has that BlogHer box on it! I’m glad God is providing for you while you entertain us.

Love you,
    Renee

P.S. Wish I was close to Nashville.

2. ali
    posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 3:14 PM  |  reply

Girl, soak your blog in ads for all I care. Make your money, and shake ’em if ya got ’em.
    In the meantime, I’ll be loving your blog because I just do!

3. ginger
    posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 3:41 PM  |  reply

For some reason, your post called to mind 1 Cor 1:26-31.

For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

You have only to continue to trust & believe in THE ONE who sent you to do what you are doing & take the steps that HE places in front of you. It’s tough to wonder what’s going to happen, but looking back can be very surprising (as you probably already know).
    Love you!

4. posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 4:02 PM  |  reply

What a good word from 1 Corinthians that Ginger posted. I needed to read that, too. I am not quite in your situation, but I’m facing the prospect of not having a job in a few months, and while I’m trying my best not to freak out and trust God, it’s hard! But I keep saying to myself, “Worrying robs me of my joy and God of His glory.” It helps.

5. posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 5:06 PM  |  reply

Mom Blogs – Blogs for Moms…

6. posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 9:10 PM  |  reply

You just do what you need to do! Yeah! I am behind you!

7. posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 10:54 PM  |  reply

That was awesome, you are awesome, GOD is awesome….nuff said. You do whatcha gotta do, girl! We love you and we understand.

You are in great company with AWEsOME support. God has GREAT plans for you…just wait and see!

8. posted on Feb 19, 2009 at 11:25 PM  |  reply

Nothing wrong with you adding ads. You want to be a writer – – like one that gets paid for her writing. So this is a way you can make a little cash for writing. I’ve thought about doing this on my blog – – but I don’t have that big a readership.

You never know, one of those ads may be for a product or service or another blog that will enrich some reader’s life.

By the way, I hear you on the worry about money thing. God asks me to let go of this ALL THE TIME and I sometimes just can’t.

9. Catrina
    posted on Feb 20, 2009 at 2:58 AM  |  reply

Don’t you feel an ounce of shame or guilt. You are an amazing writer and if I could afford to pay you for reading your thoughts I would… but since I am in the same poor boat I’m afraid that won’t be happening. But you keep on doing your thang girl! God is good, believe me I tell myself every time I cringe while looking at the old bank account! 😉 Much love, Catrina (a college student in Oregon)

10. posted on Feb 20, 2009 at 11:06 AM  |  reply

Oh, how I love that picture. Some of my very favorite on-line peeps.

(If you think of it, would you forward that picture to me?)

You are a dear.

11. posted on Feb 21, 2009 at 6:20 PM  |  reply

I’d read your blog whether there were a million ads or none.(And good for you for making a little money for doing something that you love!)

12. posted on Feb 24, 2009 at 8:59 PM  |  reply

“New News”
    hmmm… catchy. Can I use it in a song? Are you that copyrighted??
    dang.
    I might need permission.

Dear Annie: Permit me please. kthx

13. posted on Feb 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM  |  reply

Yes. I’m serious.
    Just put the phrase in my songwriting software (courtesy of Chad Markley) and subheaded it with “ask Annie Blogs”…