Deciphering Me.

on March 17, 2009 in Sounds good to me. with 6 comments by

Enjoy this today.  It connects with the post from yesterday which, by the way, I LUH-HUVED your comments.  Especially from you married gals- yeah, the whole idea that guarding your heart transcends dudes and includes friendships and work relationships and all of it. Wise, that’s what you people are.

Oh Brooke Fraser, I couldn’t talk about your song and then not let people see your cute self and hear the whole thing. [Kat, I know you are loving this cause you are the one who opened my eyes to the beauty of this album.]

There’s some beautiful connection between the line “I am a mystery, I am a locked room in a tall tower” and “did you see the stars colliding, shining just to show we belong“.  I can’t find the direct connect in an easy to define way, but I feel it in my heart. Something about guarding your heart and your stories is what, in the long run, really makes you feel accepted? Do you feel that in the song?

I don’t know…. but I’m working it out.

Happy Tuesday.

zv7qrnb

1. posted on Mar 17, 2009 at 8:17 AM  |  reply

I love Brooke. And as I read your post, she just came on during the iPod shuffle. I think it’s meant to be. Love you and your words and your musical interests.

2. lucy
    posted on Mar 17, 2009 at 8:18 AM  |  reply

This pertains more to yesterdays post but a wise man once said “christian women guard their bodies but whore out their souls” meaning exactly what your friend is guarding. She’s not giving her stories her heart her story pieces of her Self away. And when she meets that one guy he’ll get to have all of her. I think the moral of the story is be careful what pieces of yourself you give away bc once they’re out there they’re out there and its not that you can’t get them back it’s that those are pieces your one and only doesn’t have all to himself. Being precious and transparent, Annie, I don’t think has done you any harm but it is nice to keep some secrets locked away. Xoxo

3. posted on Mar 17, 2009 at 9:39 AM  |  reply

Okay, gotta love a sister who will just throw up her hands and praise her some Jesus in the middle of Japan or China or wherever she just was – in the street while people are just goin’ about their business. Go sista go!
    I’ve loved Brooke for awhile, too. Love ‘Shadowfeet’ and ‘Hymn’ as well :)

4. posted on Mar 17, 2009 at 1:59 PM  |  reply

I’m so honored to be the one to open your eyes to the beauty of Albertine.

Such a rich album…

And girl, you’ve got some serious wisdom.

The connection I see between those two lines is that when our long kept stories are fully released it will be worth it. It will be spectacular…

5. Mandy Mann
    posted on Mar 17, 2009 at 6:05 PM  |  reply

ah….that is such a great line….”shining just to show we belong.” I love it and that you showed the video. You so cute girl

6. posted on Apr 15, 2009 at 9:56 PM  |  reply

i love love love brooke! one of my friends actually wrote the lyrics to deciphering me. i know i couldn’t believe it either. we were on a mission team in india together and both happened to be sick on the same day. as we laid around the house she pulled out a cd and played that song. i asked her who it was by and she told me brooke fraser before meekly admitting that she wrote the lyrics to it. now i’m in love with brooke! great lyrics, great girl who loves jesus!