Some things about some things.

on March 19, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 18 comments by

I stole that line from Sophie. She’s profound.

#1-> When I woke up Wednesday morning, there was a splinter in the palm of my hand. I have no idea where it came from. Did I do a handstand on the wooden porch in the middle of the night? Maybe. Whatever I did, it pains me greatly. There is nothing that feels more awesome and horrible at the same time than pulling out a splinter with tweezers.  If you possibly know how I got this splinter, could you let me know? Until then, gloves.

#2-> I didn’t know this, but my friend Seth is a really awesome singer. Maybe you should check out his myspace music page and see what you think? I personally have strong like for the song Never Know.

#3-> Someone tried to tell me that moose are really fast when they are “in a rut or having a baby”. Is that true? The friend said I texted like a moose. I thought the implication was that I am slow, but he said actually it is that I am really fast. Do I have any moose experts in the crowd? Speak up.

#4-> I’m in a bit of a challenging season in my life, professionally, personally, all of it.  Not bad, just living in a season that is worth fighting through. Know what I mean? And as Dave Barnes says [and Marisa reminds me] “The prayers of the saints, they can do what most men can’t, God bends His ears just to hear what they say…” So if you had a spare moment, just say a quick one for me.

#5-> Lady Antebellum’s new video for “I Run To You” is on CMT.com.  It’s good, y’all. Real good.

#6-> I’m going to tell you a joke cause really, it’s been so serious in this place the last few days.  I know, I don’t blame anyone but myself. And the government. [I don’t know why, it just seems to be the right thing to say.]

This is my favorite joke of all time.

What did the zero say to the eight?

NICE BELT.

Thank you, folks.  Tip your waitresses, try the lasagna. [Don’t blame me, my dad does stand-up comedy.  I was born with this stellar sense of humor.]

#7-> Happy Thursday. I’ve always loved Thursdays.

1. posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 8:27 AM  |  reply

That is my favorite joke. Seriously. I tell it about once a day. HILARIOUS.

2. posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 8:53 AM  |  reply

OHHH definitely not a moose expert… but I do know that they are really fast & you have to be super careful in the wilderness when they are around… I have a friend living in Alaska and she is totally afraid of them & my dad always tells me that he would be more afraid of a moose than a bear when he is camping… ya…

3. Southern Gal
    posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 8:59 AM  |  reply

We found a mysterious little tick on my son’s back this morning.
    Woods=ticks around here. Actually thought it was a splinter at first it was so small.

Moose(meese, moosen – Brian Regan, sorry)are fast. That was a compliment from your friend.

4. posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 9:13 AM  |  reply

HA! That cracked me up.

My fave is still…
    What do you call cheese that isn’t yours?
    NACHO CHEESE!

I know, 4th grade, but still makes me laugh.

5. posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 9:18 AM  |  reply

Here’s my favorite joke:

Where does China (insert country of your choice here) keep all their armies?

In their sleevies!!!

—-

Cracks me up EVERY. TIME.

This would be why I’m NOT a stand up comic.

🙂

Praying for you, friend.

6. posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 9:20 AM  |  reply

Oh, and Lady A’s video is awesome. Howev, it pales in comparison to Hillary’s blonde hair and her FANTASTIC shoes that she is wearing in the video.
    Just keeping the thing the thing.

7. Laurie
    posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 9:41 AM  |  reply

Praying for you sweet Annie. So glad to hear you say it’s a season you know is “worth fighting through” because sometimes we really do wonder and get discouraged. I totally agree with the Truth Dave and Marisa speak to you:)

What did the mama volcano say to the baby volcano?

I LAVA you!

8. posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 11:51 AM  |  reply

You are so cute, praying for you right now!

9. posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 12:31 PM  |  reply

so, I’ve never actually seen a moose run – but I know they saunter pretty quickly. and that part about when they are “in a rut or having a baby”? what does that mean? I’ve never seen a moose in a rut or having a baby. But I do know this: they are DANGEROUS. and you should not come BETWEEN a moose and her baby. And also, the University where I work sent out a “Moose Alert” email a couple years ago that I blogged about. It was humorous. Moose Alert

10. Shannon
    posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 1:43 PM  |  reply

Seasons worth fighting through…hmmm…I think I’m in one too. Can’t wait until you come visit!!

11. posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 2:48 PM  |  reply

Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Because it was dead.

🙂

12. posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 5:01 PM  |  reply

I love Thursdays too because it’s practically the weekend!

13. Julianne
    posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 5:37 PM  |  reply

Love the joke! ha and when i went to watch the video you put a link to, it said it was removed

14. posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 6:42 PM  |  reply

Moose is fast. All French people know this.

15. christine
    posted on Mar 19, 2009 at 7:51 PM  |  reply

Annie,
    I did pray for you, then I continued reading blogs and read this on Heather’s blog–couldn’t figure out how to embed it in this comment–so I just copied it–guilty
    It’s good, made me think of you, and pray it blesses your heart today.
    All that befalls us…

March 19, 2009

All that befalls us on our road to heaven is meant to fit us for our journey’s end. Our way through the wilderness is meant to try us, and to prove us, that our evils may be discovered, repented of, and overcome and that thus we may be without fault before the throne at the last. We are being educated for the skies and for the assembly of the perfect.

This is one of my ultimate favorite quotes by Charles Spurgeon. It has special meaning to me because every time I ask the “why” question, the Lord lays this quote on my heart. He reminds me that He truly does have my best interest at heart, even if I can not see his hand.

I feel his fingerprints.

My favorite part of the quote is the last sentence: “We are being educated for the skies and for the assembly of the perfect.”

To be in a perfect body, free of disease and pain. To live in a perfect atmosphere, free from sin and pride. To look into the eyes of My perfect Savior and here the words I so long to hear. “Well done Heather, for this is your reward.”

Makes cancer, chemo, radiation and lack of hair seem so trivial, doesn’t it. 😉

16. posted on Mar 20, 2009 at 7:58 AM  |  reply

Cute joke! It made me smile 🙂

17. posted on Mar 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM  |  reply

Never heard that joke, but it made me lol. Thanks!

18. Laurie