Tuesday’s wish.

on March 24, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 45 comments by

If I peek over my computer, I can see an envelope on the kitchen counter. It’s a very VERY exciting envelope. Once I sign the papers in that envelope and mail them back from whence they came, things kinda change forever career wise for me.

It’s awesome. Amazing. Shocking. Fantastic.

And I’m really sad.

Because my family isn’t here. My life long best friends aren’t here. If this had happened in Marietta, I would have called Haley and Molly to come over, my parents and sisters, Kathleen, Katie B, all of them. They would have come to my little house in Kennesaw and gathered around my black kitchen table as I signed my name. We would have cheered and laughed and yes, I probably would have cried. [Duh.] Then we would have gone to Laredo’s because nothing says “CELEBRATE!” like cheese dip.

I want my Mama. I want my Daddy. I don’t know why this has hit me so hard today. Maybe because this feels different- finishing the book was awesome- no doubt. And I wasn’t sad AT ALL.

But this is starting something new. It feels like I’m moving forward with my life in a big way. And I don’t want to move again without my family. For some reason, this feels like giving up my life in Marietta all over again.

Standing alone in my kitchen, signing this major piece of paper, is very very lonely.

Don’t misunderstand. I’m way excited and grateful for what God has done for me. Nashville is wonderful to me [as evidenced by My Two Dads yesterday] and I am super happy. And the fact that my writing career is moving forward is awesome.

I guess I just want to send this message to my people back home. I miss y’all everyday and love you so much.

wish

1. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 2:11 AM  |  reply

Oh, Annie, look at your sweet face. Now I’m crying. It’s hard to be away from those you love.
    But I am so very happy for you. {{hug}}

2. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 3:37 AM  |  reply

:-/ I know the feeling. Hang in there- you are not loved less for being far away.

Also… mmm Laredo’s.

3. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 4:21 AM  |  reply

Hey Annie…I just recently found your blog. I think maybe because I follow you on twitter and think you are so very funny. Anyway…this is just so dang sweet and now I’m crying over your picture.

I’m happy for you and it sounds like some really cool things are on the horizon!

Hugs,
    Fran
    Jackson TN

4. Face
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 5:00 AM  |  reply

Does this mean you got a book deal?
    Did I miss a post?

Thanks for being vulnerable.

5. Face
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 5:02 AM  |  reply

Because if that’s true I’m gonna have to wake up my entire household to celebrate for you.

6. Face
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 6:04 AM  |  reply

OK- I’ve been up prepping for a BS and all I can think about is your news.

7. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 6:49 AM  |  reply

You don’t know me, but I’m excited for you. (I’m a Books & Such client as well. Welcome to the family!)

8. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 6:50 AM  |  reply

PS – somehow my URL didn’t go through. I’ll type it here too: http://www.xanga.com/writebrained

9. Southern Gal
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 7:21 AM  |  reply

So happy for you. So sad for you. Things will get better. I’m sure of it.

And you have the King of Kings sharing that moment with you…

10. Kristi Kay
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 7:29 AM  |  reply

I’m with Face…I’m not sure what this means, but I think it’s big and I’m really happy for you. I kinda’ wanna’ cry with you. Way to go, Annie πŸ™‚

11. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 7:42 AM  |  reply

I’m pretty much thinking that you rock. Congrats, friend. That is AWESOME and you deserve it.

12. DebS
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 8:02 AM  |  reply

Oh Annie ! I am so elated for you! The celebrating will go on and on…in Nashville with new friends, in Marietta with old friends…and God has a ton of friends and readers yet to come! I love your heart! Debs

13. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 8:15 AM  |  reply

You. Are. Beautiful.

Congrats. Happy/sad with you.

14. Allison
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 8:55 AM  |  reply

I mean, does this mean you are being published? Fill us in! I know how it is to miss family. I am praying for you!

15. kathleen
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 9:19 AM  |  reply

I wish I were there, too!

16. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 9:45 AM  |  reply

Annie, if this big, life changing news is you’re being published, congratulations.

Even if it’s not and it’s something equally God-filled, congrats!

Being away from those you love when you have joys is hard. I know we don’t know each other, but sending you hugs.

Kelly

17. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 11:03 AM  |  reply

Congratulations! And, yes, I understand.

Drew and I have had some amazing experiences since moving to Boston, and it’s so hard to continue with life while not living it with those we love. It’s heartbreaking sometimes. But we’re following dreams. And we’re staying in touch as much as we can…

It’s not the same, though. It never is.

18. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 11:41 AM  |  reply

Congratulations!!!!! You go girl!

19. Jennifer
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 12:01 PM  |  reply

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Jumping up and down screaming, doing flips, and not for a second forgetting to THANK YOU JESUS for seeing this sweet girl through this! Oh Annie, I LOVE a great story where the providence of God is all over someone. So happy for you and proud of you for being a dreamer who let God put feet to her dreams instead of just hoping that one day it would happen. You make me smile and want to hug youat the same time in the bittersweetness of it all. Much love sweet one

20. Laurie
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 12:08 PM  |  reply

Girl you’re making me cry at lunch. I agree with Jennifer – so proud of you for following God even when it hurts. Congrats on your new professional success. Can’t wait to hear about it!

21. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 1:10 PM  |  reply

I don’t think I have ever seen a photo say so much without saying anything at all.

Congratulations… it is bittersweet but wonderful news πŸ™‚

22. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 1:17 PM  |  reply

You’re so great – thanks for being vulnerable. I totally know what you mean because whenever something exciting and important happens the first thing I want to do it tell my closest peeps all about it . . . sometimes I think God’s trying to teach me to celebrate/mourn/etc with HIM first πŸ™‚ but that’s just me . . .

anyways, congrats – I’m happy for you and will be praying that your heart is full of joy!

23. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 1:25 PM  |  reply

I’m thinking about tying a balloon on your old mailbox.

24. Shannon
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM  |  reply

The even bigger day will be when you sign your first book contract–maybe your family can come to Nashville for that! Or you could always drive to ATL and sign it there πŸ™‚

And the even bigger day than that is when your see the first copy of your very first book and actually get to hold it in your hands. I might even have to fly to Nashville for that one.

This isn’t your last big thing, Annie. I TOTALLY understand your tears. So cry them all out. But just know bigger things are coming–and there will be lots of people to celebrate all of those things with you! At the rate you’re going, you might even get a party in every state πŸ™‚

Congrats–and welcome to the Books and Such family! See you in a few weeks!

25. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 3:04 PM  |  reply

Oh, girl, this just brought big tears to my eyes.

26. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 3:42 PM  |  reply

Annie, your post made me cry. My husband and I live close to our families now, but as soon as we can sell our house, we plan to move (actually, to Nashville) for my career. It’s so hard to think about the reality of being that far away from home, even if it’s for good reason. I hope you find a way to celebrate your envelope today.

27. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 4:21 PM  |  reply

oh, YAY! you are a beautiful picture holding that envelope- God is SO GOOD! Congrats!!!

28. posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 6:47 PM  |  reply

I couldn’t be happier for you! Bless your sweet heart! πŸ™‚

29. Laura
    posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 7:23 PM  |  reply

I love you! Congratualtions Annie! I remember being so sad when you moved but i knew God had huge plans, i could feel it and so could you, duh. you did it. lets happy dance.

30. posted on Mar 25, 2009 at 9:51 AM  |  reply

SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

31. posted on Mar 25, 2009 at 11:18 AM  |  reply

I’m not from Marietta, but girl, you’re making me cry!

32. posted on Mar 25, 2009 at 2:25 PM  |  reply

Yay!!! Congratulations Annie!!! πŸ™‚

33. posted on Mar 25, 2009 at 4:52 PM  |  reply

…so proud of you Annie…

34. posted on Mar 25, 2009 at 7:02 PM  |  reply

you are beautiful, Annie! CONGRATS!

35. posted on Mar 25, 2009 at 8:53 PM  |  reply

cried in bed reading the blog.
    cried again in the coffee shop reading the comments.
    and that picture? seriously? what are you trying to do to us?
    you’re killin me here.

36. posted on Mar 25, 2009 at 9:44 PM  |  reply

i’m with tater. killing me. but woohoo! congrats πŸ™‚

37. posted on Mar 25, 2009 at 10:45 PM  |  reply

That picture TOTALLY captivates your sheer excitement of this MAJOR MOMENT… anticipation of this NEW BEGINNING… and your heart that longs for home. Congratulations!! I am excited about all that is coming forth. Praying for you, over you.

I know Nashville came with many question marks… and you may have returned to them in this moment when you long to be surrounded by home… but Annie moved to Nashville SURE OF WHAT SHE HOPED FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT SHE DID NOT SEE… and so much of her faith is becoming sight.

I LOVE YOU.

38. posted on Mar 26, 2009 at 9:46 AM  |  reply

ooohhh…annie, please don’t be sad…we love you!! i know you miss your peeps, but we love you!! did i mention….we love you?? πŸ˜‰

39. Bekah
    posted on Mar 26, 2009 at 9:59 AM  |  reply

Yay Annie!!!!! I’m so happy for you! Who I’m really feeling sorry for right now is Loredo’s because they missed out on a big A$* celebration!

40. posted on Mar 26, 2009 at 10:16 AM  |  reply

Congrats!!! And I know that your family and friends are celebrating with you in spirit.

41. Mandy Mann
    posted on Mar 26, 2009 at 1:16 PM  |  reply

Whats going on here??? Did you get the book deal? Does this mean you are moving again? Oh man…sorry you miss people at home. If you EVER need a Nashville home away from home please just come on over…i know we arent as cool as your “two dads” ha ha…..but we’re here thinking of you.

42. posted on Mar 26, 2009 at 6:23 PM  |  reply

Annie,

Thanks for that post. You know, I’ve got a book with a small denominational publisher, and now my newest, Finding Home (self published) but part of me still feels neither of these are “real” deals… so as I read your posts my heart aches… ACHES… because I’m so happy for you, but also because it taps so deep into my longing to have the same envelope and letter. Oh man, pray for me, it hurts.

43. Linda
    posted on Mar 27, 2009 at 8:51 PM  |  reply

Annie, Hooray for you! Sorry your peeps weren’t around to giggle and sob with you, I know it’s as hard on them as it is on you. None of my kids live in town right now, and it stinks. I know great things are just around the bend for you. girl!

44. Barbalicious
    posted on Mar 28, 2009 at 4:00 AM  |  reply

Oh Anya! I know I’m coming in on this a little late but SO happy for you and I got some tears from reading this. I’m with tatum about the picture. I will be there soon hopefully and I will call you.

45. Ash
    posted on Apr 03, 2009 at 9:44 AM  |  reply

It wasn’t until I saw that picture that I realized how much I miss you!! But I am soooo happy for you Annie! The Lord is so good!! Love you, mean it!