4:18am.

on March 27, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 14 comments by

Seriously. That is the time right this very minute.

Sick, right?  I know.  I totally agree.  I had to stay up late finishing some work and then the next thing you know, I’m buzzing through my inbox trying to get as close to zero as possible and thinking, “I should really blog now”.  Which let me just say, no one really knows how this is going to go because as evidenced before, my late night blogging tends to be ridiculous.

You’ve been warned.

Really would this be late night blogging or crazily early morning blogging? [And so it begins…..]

First of all, THANK YOU [times eleventy billion] for all your sweet comments about my exciting news earlier this week.  Now that I’ve signed on the dotted line, I can actually give you more information, which some of your smart google-stalkers already figured it out yourselves [which I was betting would happen].

Books & Such is a literary agency. So I officially have an agent. Does that mean that I just made a ton of money? Not even. The book has not been published and it does not have a publisher [yet]. But having an agent means that her job is to get the book published.  So that’s pretty crazy exciting. Like, way exciting. And I’ve spent the last two days working REALLY HARD on some parts  of my book- hence the lack of blogging.  And then mailing to my agent.

Because I have an agent. [That’s still fun to say.]

It’s not the be-all-end-all, but it is a really big step in the right direction for you to be able to go in to your Borders and find something there that I wrote.

That just made me shudder. Cause that thought is crazy.  Crazy cool.

I am so hungry all the sudden.  If I’m this hungry when I’m awake at 4:25am, am I this hungry when I’m asleep at 4:25am?

[The Wacko-Train seems to be coming into the station.  Sorry.]

I’m starting to put together a database of youth ministers/college ministers/book store owners/etc. that I can contact regarding my book and possibly speaking for the girls in their ministry.  I LOVE speaking at events because HELLO I LOVE MICROPHONES. And talking about Jesus to young women. Not in that order. So if you know any youth dudes/sistas or any good contacts for me, send them via the “contact” page [conveniently titled] or email me at annieblogs [at] gmail [dot] com. Or if you know of any event that is looking for a female speaker, throw my name in the hat and let me know and I’ll send my media kit.

On a completely different topic- the new Facebook? Don’t even get me started.  Grrrr….

On another completely different topic- is anybody out there watching Grey’s Anatomy because I’d just like to thank the people at Grey’s for proving once again that I can weep, like WEEP, at a completely fictional story. The face transplant last week? MOVING, y’all.  [I can’t wait for the day that someone googles “face transplant” and ends up here- welcome, and listen, you don’t need a face transplant. You’re so pretty. Believe it.]

I think that’s all I can muster tonight/this morning/ish.

I have a few pretty exciting things to tell you about in the next five days, so come on back.  And bring a friend. Cause this little corner of the internet sky? It’s a fun place to be.

4:48am.  Just in case you were curious how long it took me to write this rabbit trail.

1. posted on Mar 27, 2009 at 5:26 AM  |  reply

in Ghana it’s 10:24am 🙂 not late night or early morning haha

Congrats on having an agent (that DOES sound so cool to say!!)!

I miss Grey’s Anatomy… I have lots of catching up to do once I get back stateside this summer!!!

2. Southern Gal
    posted on Mar 27, 2009 at 6:28 AM  |  reply

I love reading your posts whether they are written at 4:18am or 4:18pm.

Happy to know the good news officially.

Ever heard of Teen Mania? They may need a speaker for their events (Acquire the Fire)in the future. I don’t know who to contact though. Maybe Dave Hasz or Ron Luce? Great teen ministry and my daughter went to Panama and Botswana through their Global Expeditions department.

Thanks for the fun place to visit, Annie!

3. posted on Mar 27, 2009 at 7:45 AM  |  reply

Thank God I’m not the only crazy person that loves Gray’s Anatomy. Oh my lanta. Yeah, I love Izzy and they better not do anything to her. And right there with you on the new facebook layout….HELLO??? Argh.
    Have a great day…and take a nap.

4. posted on Mar 27, 2009 at 8:11 AM  |  reply

What? I’m away for a few days and you get an AGENT?!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I got chills on your behalf all the way here in GA. Can’t wait to see you in Borders. 😉

5. posted on Mar 27, 2009 at 9:48 AM  |  reply

i am so excited for you ,i can’t enev think striaghht!! thus the lack of good spelling techniques!! hehe

6. posted on Mar 27, 2009 at 10:12 AM  |  reply

Next time you head home to Marietta (is that right? i think that’s where you’re from) you could always stop by downtown Atlanta and talk to my girls. They need some positive role models 🙂

7. Laurie
    posted on Mar 27, 2009 at 2:44 PM  |  reply

Congrats! An agent…now you can say “have your people contact my people” hehe
    I’ll definitely let some folks in my neck of the woods in GA know about you.

8. posted on Mar 27, 2009 at 3:35 PM  |  reply

I love the way your brain works at 4:18 am. And by the way, I don’t think that is late at night or early in the morning – it is a time at which NOBODY should be awake. My theory is – 3:00 and 4:00 are times I should only ever see ONCE A DAY!

Congratulations on an agent – that is so awesome. I read a couple agent blogs, so I have some understanding of how difficult it is to make it this far. Yay!!!!!

And lastly (but really, not most importantly), I watch Grey’s. And every week, I sit on my couch and CRY. Because seriously. Seriously.

9. posted on Mar 27, 2009 at 4:15 PM  |  reply

You make me smile…we are similar in many ways I think. I love your corner of the “internet sky.”

10. posted on Mar 28, 2009 at 2:46 AM  |  reply

I love that you ended with an -ish type comment. Further evidence that my 12 year-old daughter would totally love you. (She also loves the word ‘random.’ Yeah.) I will totally be sending contact info from churches in this area. Nevermind the youth groups, I want to hear you speak! 🙂

11. posted on Mar 28, 2009 at 7:31 AM  |  reply

Check out Rev. Andy Cooke, campus ministry at UGA, Presbyterian Center. Wife is Stacey Robertson Cooke

12. posted on Mar 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM  |  reply

Ummm, “It’s a beautiful day to save lives…” Seriously, McDreamy? That’s when my bawling train left the tracks and never got back on this last week. UUUUHHH!!!

13. posted on Mar 30, 2009 at 2:50 PM  |  reply

Whoop whoop! That’s all I have to say! : )

14. posted on Mar 30, 2009 at 5:04 PM  |  reply

Trying to reach you via blog comment. When are we hanging out?

Also, yeah yeah yeah, congrats on the agent. 🙂 I am seriously super stoked for you!!!