And we’re baaaack.

on May 18, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 31 comments by

That’s a line from possibly my favorite Jimmy Fallon skit on SNL when he is a radio host. Do you remember it? Well, I tried for 26 minutes to find a clip to show you, and when I finally did, YIKES>A>RAMA. Not family friendly. [But a funny phrase none the less.]

So hi. πŸ™‚ Welcome back to AnnieBlogs. It’s only been about 3 weeks, but it has felt longer than that for sure. Your sweet comments and emails were so kind. Thanks for all of that.

It was a great break. No blog writing. No blog reading. And I had what some might call “a lot of free time”. Which I liked. Which has brought me to draw some pretty serious blog-boundaries from here on out. But that was important. No matter how much someone loves their hobby [that’s a lame word to use for how I feel about this here corner of the internet sky], there has to be boundaries.

Anyways, that’s all boring. Boundaries, rules, blah blah blah.

Here’s the exciting. Uh…… well…. yeah.Β  I got nothing. I’ve been working a lot. Nannying for Brother & Sister a few days a week, spending some quality time at Mocha Club, and have I even told you about my new job selling tacos? Sounds like a joke, but it’s not. Here’s proof. See that girl picking cigarette butts out of the plant and carrying dirty dishes? Yeah. You know her.

I spent some good time with God, my friends, and my family. Nothing LIFE CHANGING happened over the last few weeks, but I breathed a lot, and rested, and lived. I loved it.

Enough about me. Let’s talk about you. I missed you and your blogs. But, there is no way I can catch up with every post. So, if you have a blog, I would love for you to pick your best post from May so far and leave me the link so I can catch up with you. If you don’t have a blog, why don’t you leave me the highlight of your month so far?

I’m spending some serious time at Frothy Monkey today, so I’m trusting you to give me some good reading material. Otherwise, I’ll just swim around the internet willy-nilly all day.

And it’s never wise to be willy-nilly on a Monday.

1. ali
    posted on May 18, 2009 at 6:57 AM  |  reply

Yum, tacos! Send some to Ohio, will ya? MIssed ya and love ya!

2. posted on May 18, 2009 at 7:43 AM  |  reply

Ooo, tacos sound yummy–we can’t get salsa here so that sounds even better! Here’s a post that caught my eye and makes my heart happy: http://bahava.wordpress.com/2009/05/09/fridays/
    Glad your break from blogging went well and that you’re back!

3. posted on May 18, 2009 at 8:16 AM  |  reply

I have missed you! I’m glad you’re back! My favorite May post hasn’t happened yet but will likely come later today. It’s a huge announcement and hopefully will explain why I’ve been absent from my own blog πŸ™‚

4. posted on May 18, 2009 at 8:24 AM  |  reply

Hi friend! Welcome back πŸ™‚
    We missed you. Or at least I did . . . I’m glad you had a good break though!

This isn’t necessarily my BEST blog post – but it is the most important thing that’s been going on with me/us this month.

5. posted on May 18, 2009 at 8:38 AM  |  reply

hey girl!! welcome back to bloggy land!! i missed you!! come by and see the blog…lots of good stuff!! πŸ˜‰ love ya!

6. HaleyElise
    posted on May 18, 2009 at 9:00 AM  |  reply

Not the best blog ever, but long enough to keep you busy for a few minutes πŸ™‚ http://thedovetree.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/i-try-hard-not-to-break/

7. posted on May 18, 2009 at 9:07 AM  |  reply

Hey, lil’ sis. Welcome back…

Honestly, I’d say you should read my post for today, about the cross.

Peace and hugs.

8. posted on May 18, 2009 at 9:46 AM  |  reply

Welcome back!

Favorite posts? It depends on your mood.

If you’d like to read about the day Teyla ate Polly Pocket’s shoes, click here.

If you’d prefer something more spiritual (and with less poop), check out The Ruination of a Good Pity Party.

9. posted on May 18, 2009 at 10:27 AM  |  reply

seeing as how I only post a few times a month, the pickings are slim, but here you go…welcome back…

10. posted on May 18, 2009 at 11:04 AM  |  reply

I have completely missed you hilarity in the past few weeks. I promise, with you and BooMama on bloggy breaks, it’s been a slow few weeks in the bloggity entertainment area of my life.

Here’s my best post from May. (I think)

11. posted on May 18, 2009 at 11:53 AM  |  reply

Well I’m pretty sure I haven’t ever commented before, but you used the phrase “willy-nilly” so I just had to. This post kind of echoes your comments on being away from the blogosphere…http://leavesinthespring.blogspot.com/2009/05/peace-with-friends.html

12. Andrea
    posted on May 18, 2009 at 1:03 PM  |  reply

I’m a Resident Director at a University dorm. Here’s just a sample of the type of calls I get….

13. posted on May 18, 2009 at 1:15 PM  |  reply

YAY!! Sooooo happy you’re back!! My daily blog reading hasn’t been the same without you!! Glad you enjoyed your time off! πŸ™‚

14. posted on May 18, 2009 at 1:33 PM  |  reply

Here’s my offering – it’s a Mother’s Day post to my Mom (she’s been gone for 4 years). I thought it was funny, but it made my cousin cry. Go figure.

15. posted on May 18, 2009 at 1:47 PM  |  reply

So glad you’re back! I am not sure if I’ve ever actually commented, but I’m a devoted reader and wanted to be sure you know that you were missed. πŸ™‚

As for May, we’re enjoying the nice weather down in Alabama … http://katandgray.blogspot.com/2009/05/any-excursion-is-success-if-you-leave.html

16. Lindsey
    posted on May 18, 2009 at 2:10 PM  |  reply

Yay! I am so glad you’re back. πŸ™‚ Your sweet, funny words never fail to make me smile.

As for the most exciting part of May…my junior year of college has officially ended. And oh, that marvelous free time. πŸ™‚ Now I’m just getting used to my last year as an undergrad (ahh! so scary!) and summer in Gainesville. Not too shabby so far.

Happy you’re back. πŸ™‚

17. posted on May 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM  |  reply

Annie McFanny … no, wait. That’s not it. Anyhoo … so glad to grab a hug out of you in passing every now and then. And to see you back here. My last entry … http://tinyurl.com/qgtx9o

18. posted on May 18, 2009 at 3:45 PM  |  reply

Hi Annie! I stumbled across your blog when I googled something random about Nashville last fall & have been back just about daily since.

I’ve never left a comment and thought now would be as good of a time as ever. I too, moved to Nashville because I felt like God was calling me here (and I still have no idea why!) It’s been such a blessing to read your blog & know that someone else has been through it all before.

Glad to have you back! Your posts always make the day a little brighter!

P.S. I live in Sylvan Park and have been wanting to go to The Local Taco as soon as there aren’t lines out the door. I’m so going to be that creepy girl that’s all “Hey, are you Annie? I LOVE YOUR BLOG”. Just a fair warning πŸ™‚

19. posted on May 18, 2009 at 4:00 PM  |  reply

Hi Annie! I only just found your blog when you decided to take a break! Boo. Anyhow,glad that you’re back:) Here’s my first post this May. It makes me think of summertime, which we sorely need a sign of here in NJ. http://www.findtimefortea.com/2009/05/doing-nothing.html

20. Brooke
    posted on May 18, 2009 at 5:14 PM  |  reply

Welcome back – you always make me smile πŸ™‚

21. posted on May 18, 2009 at 6:37 PM  |  reply

mmm… this may be too little too late, as I believe your blog surfing for Monday might be over by now. But here it is, regardless! http://marijkejane.wordpress.com/2009/05/06/purposeful-direction/
    Glad you’re back; I enjoy reading your blogs.

22. Linda
    posted on May 18, 2009 at 7:10 PM  |  reply

Missed you! Glad you’re back. I find boundaries to be a good thing. You are “in bounds” as far as my rules are concerned. Take care!

23. Valerie
    posted on May 18, 2009 at 7:32 PM  |  reply

I’m so glad you are back! This is about the best news I’ve had today (it was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day). I don’t have a blog, but my biggest news is that my 22 y.o. son is getting married 2 MONTHS FROM TODAY, and he and his fiancee graduated from college on May 9th. Now, we’re just praying for the jobs!

P.S.: I still love Dave Barnes. Like Erin, I’ll totally be the creepy girl who says β€œHey, are you Annie? I LOVE YOUR BLOG” if I ever see you in person! And when I met Dave Barnes, I told him that you had introduced me to his music because you kept blogging about it!

24. jessica beecham!
    posted on May 18, 2009 at 8:42 PM  |  reply

i’m such a bad blogger, i deleted the gmail account i had when i signed up with blogger and now i can’t even sign IN to blog. good grief. as you very well know, getting married was not only the highlight of my month, but the highlight of my LIFE! i was made for this. working hard to make love a verb. (listen to andy stanley’s current Staying in Love series to know what i’m talking about..)
    missed you!!!!!! XOXO

25. posted on May 19, 2009 at 10:55 AM  |  reply

Just wrote the 3rd post of the whole month. Highlight? Not sure. But perhaps a summary. Happy to see you back!

26. posted on May 19, 2009 at 1:33 PM  |  reply

hi annie,
    i’m glad you are baaaack. I have been a recent reader and was on hiatus of getting to know your blogging self. glad you are back so i can continue that process πŸ™‚ may has been maxed out emotionally and here is some of it in writing

27. posted on May 19, 2009 at 3:43 PM  |  reply

Annie, can I just say that it was the “picking up cigarette butts” that made me click on that link? Does that bother you? It was just funny. Not that you have to pick up trash. But that you got your picture taken while doing it – and TOLD US ABOUT IT.

Anyway, I’ve missed you and am glad you’re back. Even more glad you had a good break.

My favorite post of mine this month is here: http://tinyurl.com/d6zu75. I promise, I’ve written deeper, more meaningful things. But this was fun. And I liked it.

28. Julianne
    posted on May 19, 2009 at 4:46 PM  |  reply

YAY!!!! Welcome Back πŸ™‚

29. posted on May 20, 2009 at 3:21 AM  |  reply

Hey sunshine! Glad you’re back.

So, I wrote a poem for my mom in this one, then I loosely blamed you for a gross oversight, AND announced my future marital intentions in this one. But the best post? Well, that would be this one. Ahhh May, such a productive month.

30. posted on May 20, 2009 at 2:22 PM  |  reply

Hey, welcome back! My best blog post this month would have to be http://bronzedshoe.wordpress.com/2009/05/20/my-heart-overfloweth/

31. posted on May 21, 2009 at 8:18 AM  |  reply

4 words.
    Reba, Jazz Hands, Nashville.
    Peaked your interest?