Smile, Wednesday… uh… Tuesday.

on May 26, 2009 in Smile, Wednesday, Ze Bloggy Goodness with 6 comments by

So that whole video about getting my license was so dumb I couldn’t even expose you to it. It would have been wrong. Trust me. I care about you too much to make you watch 4 minutes of my idiot self, in my car, discussing the ups and downs of our government departments.

Instead, here’s how I spent my weekend. And there are a lot of pictures, so we’ll pretend like it’s a Smile, Wednesday. Is that okay with you? Don’t be confused though… it’s only Tuesday. Because on Wednesday, I have to go to bed early because on Thursday, I GO TO AFRICA. Oh wowsa.

Let’s not think about the fact I haven’t packed and haven’t even really shopped for the trip yet. Instead, let’s just look at some pictures, okay? Thanks.

And obviously, these were all taken with Anita the iPhone. She’s a champ. A real gem.

Memorial Day Weekend photos begin now.

Oh, you know Marisa and Betsy.

And this was my view of Nashville from our hang location, The Icon.  Yeah, tough life. I know.

Here’s how Betsy feels about our Memorial Day hang.

We also had a b-day party for Phil and Emily. And I was rather proud of my cupcake cake. I had to figure out a way to feed 24 people, so I thought pre-portioning the dessert was the way to go. Though I did take a little heat from some friends for the massive amount of icing. [Those holes in the cupcakes were for candles. Not more icing.]

I mean, really. I’ve never heard the term “too much icing” before, so I don’t exactly know where that line is. Forgive me. Or congratulate me. Whichever you feel more appropriate.

Didn’t scare Andy away though, did it? We like to call him One Bite Merrick. [At least we do now that I labeled him that.]img_0262

And this is when I asked Betsy, “How do you feel about the fact that we leave for Capetown in just a few days?”

Yeah, me neither.

1. posted on May 26, 2009 at 3:41 PM  |  reply

Ooh – there is NEVER too much icing. In fact, if you don’t want all of yours just scrape it off. I’ll eat it. I’m not too proud.

VERY excited for you to be going to Africa!

2. Southern Gal
    posted on May 26, 2009 at 3:43 PM  |  reply

Here are some pictures to smile about if you ever get a free minute. I told you I would send my favorite May post soon. Here it is.

Glad your Memorial Day was memorable.

3. Susan
    posted on May 26, 2009 at 4:22 PM  |  reply

Why are you going to Africa?

4. ali
    posted on May 26, 2009 at 4:24 PM  |  reply

I totally forgot to tell you – I got an iPhone for Mother’s Day! But I can’t get it until next month – Many years ago I sold my soul to Verizon, and my contract doesn’t end until next month.

I have never been so excited about anything in my life as I am about the affair I’m about to begin with iPhone! (Many apologies to my husband and son who might be offended that my wedding day and son’s birthday are less exciting than the day I become an iPhone-ess).

5. posted on May 26, 2009 at 9:13 PM  |  reply

I’ll be honest that I’m jealous. Actually just wrote about it… I pray you are blessed beyond belief as you step into that world. Who knows, maybe one I’ll get to, too.

6. posted on May 26, 2009 at 9:21 PM  |  reply

Forget the cake! Just give me the icing! When I was two, my brother was watching TV instead of me, and I climbed on the dining room table and licked my sister’s b’day cake so clean, I could see my reflection in it! 🙂