I am a writer.

on July 29, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

Like, for my job.

So when I spent 20+ hours of my weekend writing, and then have had meetings or projects every day this week, ye old blog has been neglected.

Undeservedly.

I apologize, dear blog. And blog readers.

But I will say this: I LOVE BEING A WRITER OH MY GRACIOUS.

A bulleted list for your Wednesday explaining additional reasons why I may not have blogged in the last few days?

Yes and amen.

• I’m headed to SheSpeaks tomorrow, which I. Am. Thrilled. About. It.
  • I’ve been prepping for that.
  • I get to see Sophie, Melanie, Shannon, Holley, Lysa, and so many other friends that I am so typing fast- if my fingers could squeal with excitement, they would be doing it now.
  • I haven’t blogged because I’ve been making sure my bills are paid. [And y’all. My bills are paid. I can’t wait to tell you the story. You’re just gonna die when I tell you how God pulled through for me.]
  • I did kind of warn you things may be slim pickins around here.
  • I have painted my fingers and toes a color that shall be called “Offensive to the Eyes Fuchsia”. And for some reason, I love it.
  • I have a hard time believing that FUCHSIA is really spelled like that. But trust me, I checked around. It looks borderline offensive. Like the color.
  • I think I’ve decided trendy = confident. You may look silly, but if you work it, people think you are trendy. True or false, Amber?
  • That isn’t explaining why I haven’t blogged.
  • I’m about to hang out with my new bloggy friend Sarah from Adding Focus
  • We’re going to eat popsicles.
  • Don’t judge me.

Tomorrow is Thursday so you know what that means: YOU-BLOGGER TIME!!  Yeeessss!!!

Peace out.

1. posted on Jul 29, 2009 at 8:03 PM  |  reply

I love fuchsia and am currently sporting fuchsia toes myself, but I agree that the spelling is completely bizarre.

2. Merideth Schoolcraft
    posted on Jul 29, 2009 at 8:23 PM  |  reply

I would never judge you for liking popcicles. I love them too!!! Right now we have some that are like those flavor ice pops. Do you know what ones I’m talking about? They are the long skinny ones in plastic wrappers that you push up and eat the frozen juice(don’t know that I’m explaining that well.). Anyway.
    Hey, you didn’t tell how the Lord provided for your bills. I’m dying to hear that story!!!! Hope you have fun at she speaks this weekend. Praying you have a safe trip.

3. Haley
    posted on Jul 29, 2009 at 8:25 PM  |  reply

Miss ya

4. posted on Jul 29, 2009 at 8:31 PM  |  reply

Will you still be wearing this so-called offensive shade of polish on Friday? Because I can’t wait to see it. I mean you. I mean it.

5. posted on Jul 29, 2009 at 8:32 PM  |  reply

I’ve missed you but cant wait to hear about how God’s provided and all about SheSpeaks 🙂

6. posted on Jul 29, 2009 at 9:28 PM  |  reply

Oh so jealous….sounds like things are falling into place for you friend…..AWESOME!

Have fun (have TOO much fun) and come back here to tell us all about it!

Yay!

P.S. I heart fuchsia….but, it is a strange little word!

7. Southern Gal
    posted on Jul 30, 2009 at 8:20 AM  |  reply

Hey. I hate that you feel guilty about not blogging. You’ve explained it before and we understand. Honest Injun.

Have fun at SheSpeaks. You’ll be oh so close I might even be able to hear you from here!

I will be waiting for you to tell us how the Lord provided yet again.

8. posted on Jul 30, 2009 at 10:08 AM  |  reply

So wish I was going to She Speaks this year! Next year! Have so much fun with all of the girls…praying that the Lord blesses you greatly, my friend!

9. Brian
    posted on Jul 30, 2009 at 11:02 AM  |  reply

Ahhh, my first comment. Now I have to publicly admit that I’m a daily reader of your blog. I’m so jealous that Sarah got to hang out with you. Let me tell you, she was trilled. Thanks for taking time out of your busy Wednesday to hang out with her and her crazy fam. I am glad that you looked past the two-stalkers-from-Austin idea. We felt a little weird. Anyways, I had a blast in the short time I had at the Frothy Monkey. Next time we’re up your way, we’ll give you some advanced warning that the stalkers are back in town. Of course, if you ever find yourself headed our way, give Sarah a call.

10. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 3:02 AM  |  reply

I don’t really like Sia that much either, but, geeze…you went a little far with that. Do you kiss your mama with that mouth?

11. posted on Aug 06, 2009 at 8:56 AM  |  reply

True to the bullet point. Confident = trendy, whatever bodacious nail color you may be sporting. (This may only apply to nail color, however.) I have a lot to say about wearing things that are ill-fitting/unflattering, have bad prints, or other major faux pas like denim on denim. No matter how confident you are, some things just don’t work.