The end of this story of hope.

on July 31, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 26 comments by

Let’s go back to July 5th.  [If you haven’t read that post, PLEASE do so. It will make the rest of this post way cooler if you know the back story.]

Days before, I lost the only two jobs that were going to pay my July bills.

And I gained the chance to trust God to provide for me.

I remember saying to a friend, “I mean, play devil’s advocate and tell me this- what happens if I CAN’T pay the bills?”, just preparing myself in case I needed a Plan B.

Dear bloggy-friend, Christians don’t need a Plan B.

Let me tell you about the jobs that have come my way this month:

• Someone at African Leadership needed a nanny. JUST FOR JULY.
  • My normal nanny family ended up needing me a few more days than they thought.
  • Mocha Club needed me to do some extra hours.
  • A sweet friend in town hired me to do some mailing work for her.
  • I had three REALLY AMAZING writing meetings with big companies in town.
  • I ran across an audition for a movie. So I did it.
  • I had a for real job interview. Mind you, I didn’t particularly want the job [nor did I get it], but when the opportunity came my way, I figured I should walk through ANY door that God was opening.
  • I did two editing jobs.

So pretty much, remember that month that I didn’t have any work?

I WORKED EVERY DAY.

Now, mind you. I had to work. I didn’t get to sit on my couch and merely check the mail, hoping that God would mail me a gazillion dollars. [Though He can do that and is welcome to at any point.]

But I did get to wake up every morning and go somewhere and get paid for being there. Some would call it “a job”. Or, in my case, “a bouquet of part-time jobs.” And all my bills got paid.

As much as I would have loved to come to you at the end of this month and say I WON THE LOTTERY, or I GOT A BOOK DEAL, or GOD MAILED ME MONEY, I think there is something beautiful about the truth of how God provided for me.

He gave me work. And then gave me so many new writing opportunities that kept me busy most weekends- and possibly for many months to come. [I can. not. wait. to tell you all about those. Soon, grasshoppers. Soon.]

July was an amazing month. Thanks for praying for me.

Psalm 34:8

1. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 2:20 AM  |  reply

Fantastic! So so so happy for you!

2. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 2:50 AM  |  reply

Thanks for the update Annie. I so appreciate your transparency in putting your faith in Him and out there for all to see. Rejoicing with you in His provision (and making mental notes to ‘count on it’ rather than simply ‘hoping’ when the time comes). Can’t wait to hear about your writing opportunities!

Msry Hampton

3. RefreshMom
    posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 2:51 AM  |  reply

um…that would be Mary, not Msry or Misery or something of the sort!

4. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 5:21 AM  |  reply

Yipeee! It is really, truly exciting to see God at work to provide exactly what you need, when you need it!
    And internet (high) fives on those writer jobs!!!

5. Ellen
    posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 5:45 AM  |  reply

Ahhhh…the splendor of the King.

6. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 6:33 AM  |  reply

He gave me work, too. And I truly love it.

7. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 8:41 AM  |  reply

That is great news Annie! Can’t wait to hear about the rest of the things that He’s providing for you!

8. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 9:14 AM  |  reply

I knew He would.
    God bless you, Annie, for sharing His amazing wonderfulness with us.

9. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 9:41 AM  |  reply

awesome! thanks for letting us watch as He moves.

10. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 10:10 AM  |  reply

I love love love hearing God stories like that! So glad to hear HOW He provided for you!

11. Julianne
    posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 10:18 AM  |  reply

That is so so so awesome! He is great 🙂 and I could not stop laughing when you said “I didn’t get to sit on my couch and merely check the mail, hoping that God would mail me a gazillion dollars. [Though He can do that and is welcome to at any point.]”

12. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 10:55 AM  |  reply

Mmmmm. My old prof used to say, “The devil doesn’t need any more advocates.”

13. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM  |  reply

God totally rocks. Like whoa.
    You rock, too, but not as much as God.
    But you still rock.
    Love you.

14. Brian
    posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 12:23 PM  |  reply

You left off a bullet point for good things that happened in July (I know it must have been an accident, I’m not hurt):

– I got to meet Brian Miller, the coolest stalker dude ever. (Thanks again for not being freaked out by Sarah and me. You’re as awesome in person as you are online. But you knew that already.)

15. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 12:45 PM  |  reply

Willa knew it would all be okay. She told me so. God is good.

16. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 1:51 PM  |  reply

Praise God! That is wonderful.

17. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 2:39 PM  |  reply

You’re the second person this week to say that Christians don’t need a Plan B. Okay God, I hear ya!! 🙂

Just found your blog. Love it!

18. posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 7:47 PM  |  reply

How beautiful to see His hand in action. Thanks for letting us see it, Annie.

19. Valerie
    posted on Jul 31, 2009 at 9:02 PM  |  reply

Amen.

20. Southern Gal
    posted on Aug 01, 2009 at 7:00 AM  |  reply

You remind me of my 17-year-old son. We were concerned about his money making abilities this summer with the few hours he gets at his job. He gets phone calls all the time! Let’s just say “bouquet of part-time jobs” fits.

AND I love how God gives us what we need BEFORE we need it. My husband gets a little profit sharing money every now and then at the company he works for. Everytime it comes there is a huge need for extra money. We used to gripe and grumble. Now we thank the Lord for providing it before we even knew we needed it. Perspective, eh?

Have fun!

21. posted on Aug 01, 2009 at 7:43 PM  |  reply

SO incredibly awesome! God is just amazing. Thanks for the update! People probably tell you this all the time, but you’re a woman filled with such encouragement to others (me especially!) and i’m thankful that you share your walk with Jesus in blog world. 🙂 (and i’m still mad i gave up on life in Nashville! we so could have been friends! rats!)

22. posted on Aug 02, 2009 at 2:21 PM  |  reply

God is good! All the time!

23. posted on Aug 02, 2009 at 7:48 PM  |  reply

Well, shoot. Wish I would’ve read this while we were in Charlotte – I would have given you a big ol’ hug to celebrate! As it is, I don’t feel like we got to hang out nearly enough, so there needs to be a next time sooner rather than later. Praying your drive home has gone smoothly – and praising our God for providing in such an awesome way!!

24. posted on Aug 05, 2009 at 9:41 AM  |  reply

God is good.
    All the time.

I knew He’d come through for you…and I’m pretty sure He’s only just begun so you better buckle up and get ready for a wild ride.

25. Stacey in Texas
    posted on Aug 20, 2009 at 11:47 AM  |  reply

Just read this post and it touched my heart DEEPLY. Why does it never cease to amaze us when God does what He says He will do? I’m truly speechless and feel so blessed to have been led to your blog today .. thanks! I really needed this.

26. posted on Aug 30, 2009 at 5:30 PM  |  reply

Great post Annie–and so like God’s bouquet of little blessings that add up to His PROVISION in our lives in a long season of waiting on Him! Reading about His work in your life bolsters my courage for His work in mine! Thank you!

Shaunie