A very exciting day.

on September 15, 2009 in video blogs with 48 comments by

A few things, as usual:

1. The lisp. It is STRONG in this video.

2. I know that owning a mixer won’t get me a husband. [It was just a joke.] You don’t have to send me a long email about trusting God and staying away from baked goods. I’m trying to do both things.

3. Mandy Mann is singing to you – you can check her out here.

4. Here’s the oreo post I mentioned.

5. And to my dear wonderful subscribers, why don’t you clickity click on over here today? I’m not sure you can see the video in the feed readers….

Oh happy day.

Update: I totally forgot to mention a very important factoid. The only reason I was able to get this mixer is because my sweet mama gave me gift cards. Like, piles and piles of gift cards. It was very kind of her. I will bake her something in the shape of a gift card as my token of thanks. πŸ™‚

1. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 2:13 AM  |  reply

I love my kitchenaide mixer! I got it for Christmas 2005 – my husband was deployed for a year and I felt like if ever a year that I deserved one very exspensive mixer – that was the year. I love it – such fun things to make with it. Enjoy!

2. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:53 AM  |  reply

I WANT ONE TOO!!!!! Oh begone you green eyed devil……

Happy cake baking!

3. Deann
    posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 5:39 AM  |  reply

Hillarious! My son does the same thing w/precious cargo….he, too, buckles it in!!!! It only makes sense. Really enjoyed your video!

4. Christine
    posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 6:26 AM  |  reply

Very cute post/video–someday I hope to own a kitchenaide mixer–must bake a little more to justify it though!

5. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 6:40 AM  |  reply

OK – so I’ve been married for 2 years and I still don’t have a mixer.

Thanks for making me feel like a lame girl.

6. Shana Owen
    posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 6:56 AM  |  reply

This video just made my day, Annie! Congrats on your new mixer. It is beautiful! BTW BJ, don’t feel lame, I’ve been married almost 24 yrs and don’t have one, either. πŸ™

7. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 7:31 AM  |  reply

In regards to #2…registering for (and hopefully getting!) a KitchenAid mixer is one of my Top 5 reasons for getting married. Ok, maybe Top 3. Kidding. Kind of!

8. Face
    posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 7:38 AM  |  reply

Congrats! Our pewter gray one will have to hook up with your black one sometime.
    Just to make you feel good about the supreme time & effort that went into this video, Sam’s favorite part of it was when you were coughing in the car.

9. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 7:48 AM  |  reply

Okay, delurking here to say that as an avowed kitchen-gadget-lover, I loved loved loved this video! Made me laugh on a day when I really needed it! πŸ™‚

10. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 7:52 AM  |  reply

So fun annie! I agree that you shouldn’t have to be married to own a kitchen-aid (and many other nice things). Hope you and your mixer are happy together! hahaha!

11. kathleen
    posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 8:05 AM  |  reply

Hahahaha! Love the seat belt. I waited 19 years to get a mixer. It was worth the wait. Next time you try the oreos, try a little peanut butter icing between those chocolate cookies. Incredible!

12. lex
    posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 8:23 AM  |  reply

You’re too cute! I loved this. By the way, when I hit about 27 I decided that it was lame to wait around for a husband to buy the kitchen things that I want. I mean, why does finding a husband mean that you can finally live without hand-me-down dishes? I hope you and your mixer have many lovely days together.

13. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 8:32 AM  |  reply

I.love.it.

Can I have a piece of cake since I’m a serious fan?

By the way, I have been single longer than you, and I don’t have a kitchenaid mixer. Way to wrestle that beast! I approve wholeheartedly.

14. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 8:38 AM  |  reply

Congratulations! This is a big, big day!!

My KitchenAid mixer is a cherished member of my family (at least in my own mind) and has made me a better baker…nay, I dare say it has made me a better person.

If the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach then I think it was perfectly rational and logical to say that this mixer may bring Mr. Right into your kitchen and life.

The mixer is just that powerful. Respect it.

15. Jennifer
    posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 9:08 AM  |  reply

Love my mixer…it has it’s own place in the cabinet when not in use. I am really looking for some attachments now…ohhhh, the possibilities!

16. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 9:39 AM  |  reply

hahaha! That is so funny!

So did your cake turn out okay??? πŸ™‚

17. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 9:43 AM  |  reply

I, myself, am the owner of a black kitchenaid mixer…and I’m also a believer in the idea that it will draw a husband in…although I’ve had it for a couple of years and that hasn’t happened yet…but it will!

18. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 10:41 AM  |  reply

This video and Mandy Mann have delighted me to no end today. And given me Kitchen Aid mixer envy. But I think I want one in red.

19. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 10:47 AM  |  reply

I absolutely love the video! AND that you buckled it in! πŸ™‚ I dream of having a kitchenaid one day, but the budget and low cabinet space in the apartment just won’t allow for it yet. πŸ™‚ Enjoy! Oh and could you send me a piece of that cake. πŸ˜‰

20. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM  |  reply

I also just noticed that I went a bit smiley face happy on that comment. my bad.

21. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 11:19 AM  |  reply

Mine is cobalt blue and is the [kitchen-related] love of my life. You know I’m proud of ya, girl.

22. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 11:23 AM  |  reply

great decision, you will NEVER regret it. i bought one in college, at 19. 28 and still husbandless. however; i have had a few marriage proposals (from the wrong guys of course) from the chocolate chip cookies that thing produced. maybe one day annie, maybe one day our baking will win its way into the right man’s heart. you and your new friend will have many wonderful baking dates together – enjoy!!!!

23. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 11:31 AM  |  reply

I’d marry you for that mixer.

πŸ™‚

A word of caution, do NOT get over ambitious and try to make a wheat bread in the K.A. You will burn out the motor. I repeat, FIRE, SMOKE, DRAMA. Stick to cakes. Trust me on this one.

24. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 11:46 AM  |  reply

If you only knew how much I LOVE my kitchenaid mixer–you would know how much this video just made my day. I feel a sense of great joy for you my friend! πŸ™‚ ENJOY!!!!

25. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 11:47 AM  |  reply

ps-I have the silver one πŸ™‚

26. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 12:40 PM  |  reply

Ok this was too cute, love it. I remember how excited when I got one for Christmas.

27. Michelle
    posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 1:53 PM  |  reply

I LOVED this video! I know that I would not only enjoy baking, but I would bake better if I owned my very own Turquoise Kitchen Aid Mixer (TKAM). And, when people visited and saw said TKAM they would be delighted in knowing that this home is a very special place full of love.

And fret not my friend, I would be making 10 practice cakes ahead of time! πŸ™‚

28. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 2:45 PM  |  reply

I love, love, LOVE that video!! So Cute!!

Someday I will have a Kitchen Aid Mixer … but I have to win it on Pioneer Womans site first. It’s the only way I’ll get one. Because 4 kids needs braces.

I’m just sayin…

29. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:24 PM  |  reply

one day, two years ago (ish), i walked into my living room to find a wrapped box (i don’t lock my doors … i live in small town mt …it’s not a necessity!). i was talking with a friend on the phone while i opened this wrapped box and found A PINK KITCHEN AID MIXER!!!!!! from an anonymous friend. how amazing is that??? so amazing!! needless to say my friend got to hear a bit of squealing and jumping up and down. oddly enough πŸ™‚

30. Molly
    posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:46 PM  |  reply

I just want you to know I coughed for you right before you did … and a few other times, too. I loved it, but you kinda made me nervous. In a good way. Maybe.

31. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 4:03 PM  |  reply

Love, love, love it! And thanks for making a video to make me feel better πŸ˜‰

32. Julianne
    posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 4:08 PM  |  reply

I LOVE YOU! you’re hilarious πŸ™‚ and I love that you buckled it in πŸ™‚

33. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 4:54 PM  |  reply

This is my first experience with your blog and I tell you, I could not be happier for you about your new KitchenAid mixer than if you were my very best, oldest friend.

I have wanted the pink or teal one for the longest time.

You are hilarious. I’m loving it over here.

34. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 6:10 PM  |  reply

Yippee! I have a black kitchenaid mixer and I’m single…my siblings bought it for me when I finished my Masters degree. Heck, I’m a cooking teacher – I deserve to have a good mixer.

Just be careful to not mix the life out of things — the lowest speeds are still the best for most things! πŸ™‚

Just wait until you discover that there is an ice cream maker attachment that makes the most delicious treats ever!

35. posted on Sep 15, 2009 at 6:11 PM  |  reply

Annie- I agree. Having a KitchenAid is like crossing some threshold into womanhood. I was at Lowe’s yesterday looking for something else and had to pause and pay homage at the KitchenAid aisle as I don’t have one yet, and I sighed a deep sigh and may have even said out loud, “One day, dear mixer… one day.”
    Your video is hilarious. You should do t.v. Or write for television. I like the whole ‘singlist’ term- priceless. And the fine silverware comment was great- you make me laugh, girlfriend. Congratulations on your mixer! —-Beth

36. posted on Sep 16, 2009 at 8:07 AM  |  reply

How funny!!! This is the most fun video I think I’ve seen online in a long time….love it!

37. posted on Sep 16, 2009 at 9:27 AM  |  reply

I have been married for over two years and still don’t have a mixer. Maybe someday…

I would have a much more difficult time picking the color than you did. I admire the decisiveness.

I love your video blogs!

38. posted on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:54 PM  |  reply

Um…do you lisp for real? Because we’ve talked in person, and I never noticed it. So I’m just wondering if it came with your camera or something?

Wait – I just heard you say you’re making a practice cake. I LOVE THAT.

I kind of wish you’d gotten the pink one. That would have CRACKED. ME. UP.

(Do you like how I’m typing and listening to the vid at the same time?)

Oh, look! You’re actually using it! See…I would LOVE to have a KitchenAid mixer (RED, thankyouverymuch), but mainly just to look good in my kitchen. πŸ™‚

39. Jennifer
    posted on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:18 PM  |  reply

LOVE the video! Love my RED mixer…huge Christmas surprise a couple of years ago. You will LOVE IT! Happy baking!

40. posted on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:19 PM  |  reply

Congratulations! I think I’m giving myself another 2 years before I forego the wedding registry and by my own Kitchenaid mixer. Down with the maritalstatusism!

41. Valerie
    posted on Sep 17, 2009 at 7:50 AM  |  reply

Annie….go, girl! I finally bought my own KitchenAid mixer a year ago. I figured after 26 years of marriage and many hints – yet no mixer – this girl needed to take the bull by the horns (so to speak LOL). I got white. I know…boring…but it looks great in my kitchen. I second what someone else said – LOW SPEEDS. I’m still working that one out. I haven’t tried my red velvet cake yet, but now I’m feeling the need. Maybe for my own birthday – ha ha!

42. kim
    posted on Sep 17, 2009 at 12:16 PM  |  reply

oh.my.word! I just laughed till I cried!

43. posted on Sep 21, 2009 at 3:46 AM  |  reply

You should know this about me.

I don’t own a Kitchenaid Mixer. I have always wanted one.

I have been married 22 years.

Also? You are hilarious.

44. posted on Sep 21, 2009 at 11:29 AM  |  reply

As a girl that asked began asking for the Kitchen Aid stand mixer in high school, I am very excited about your recent purchase. Thankfully, my parents did not make me wait until I got married to receive my first one either…a wonderful college graduation present it has been!

Happy baking…and pasta-ing…and whipping!

45. posted on Sep 21, 2009 at 10:46 PM  |  reply

Awesome video! Shoulda bought the pink, tho. πŸ˜‰

46. posted on Sep 22, 2009 at 1:43 PM  |  reply

This is hilarious!! I have a black kitchenaid, we are practically kitchenaid BFFs! πŸ™‚ I’m loving your blog, and will bookmark it for future visits.

47. posted on Sep 27, 2009 at 10:45 PM  |  reply

Totally great! I was laughing so hard I was waking up my baby. Thanks for the fun…and wow, really makes me want a mixer!! At least they’re not sold here, so I can’t give into the new temptation. πŸ™‚

Jennifer in Bolivia

48. posted on Sep 30, 2009 at 3:26 PM  |  reply

You go girl! I would totally get excited about that kind of purchase too! I have had one for years and whenever I have to cook in someone else’s kitchen without it, I am lost!
    BTW…love your blog!