A Day To Breathe.

on September 25, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 7 comments by

I need a day to breathe.

So I’m taking it.

The funeral for Mrs. Couch on Wednesday was beautiful. Thank you for your prayers for the family- please don’t stop.

I absolutely loved getting to hug Mr. Couch, Josh and Kate, Jason and Candace, and Justin. I didn’t have good words to say. I said dumb things. But I hugged. I kept thinking about this post from Andy and how maybe it was okay that I said dumb things.

Just being there. That was enough.

My heart is sad in some new and different ways. I don’t wanna say more about that.

I’m tired. I’ve been getting up early for many-a-morning and today I’m sleeping in.

So thank you for giving me a day to breathe.

Y’all have a good Friday. Hug the ones your love. Call the ones you haven’t called in a while. Email, facebook, snail mail, whatever. Maybe today is a good day to tell people how much you love them.

1. posted on Sep 25, 2009 at 7:03 AM  |  reply

Thanks for the reminder. Praying for you today…

2. Merideth Schoolcraft
    posted on Sep 25, 2009 at 7:09 AM  |  reply

Praying for a restful day for you. Sleep well friend. Thanks for helping to remind us all of what is important. Love ya.

3. ali
    posted on Sep 25, 2009 at 7:27 AM  |  reply

Breathe, sleep, cry, sigh, rest, cuddle, relax, veg – you do WHATEVER you need to do to rejuvenate.

You are a beautiful soul, Miss Annie. Love and prayers.

4. debs
    posted on Sep 25, 2009 at 7:50 AM  |  reply

Aw Annie, you are a friends friend! I will be praying for your rest not only today but in the coming weeks as well….those who refresh need to be refreshed too! As you breath….take a deep breathe of the holy spirit in…for HE will truly be the one to refresh you! I love you Annie Downs! 🙂

5. posted on Sep 25, 2009 at 7:59 AM  |  reply

Breathing days are good for the soul… days spent close to Jesus, being held by Him.

Hugs… praying for you today.

6. Southern Gal
    posted on Sep 25, 2009 at 9:13 AM  |  reply

Though we’ve never ‘met’, I love you. You have a wonderful spirit (fueled by the Holy Spirit) and I love that about you.

Rejuvenate. Have a blessed day.

7. posted on Sep 26, 2009 at 12:40 AM  |  reply