Seth “you’re gonna wanna hug him” Philpott.

on November 24, 2009 in Sounds good to me. with 21 comments by

seth_philpottThis is one of my dear friends, Seth Philpott.

This photo doesn’t do Seth justice. You can’t see him smiling. You can’t see how the world entertains him. You can’t hear him CRACKING ME UP. Cause if he’s talking, I’m laughing. Game over.

But because he wanted to be sure to look cool, here’s the picture I’m allowed to show you.

[Whah whah.]

You win, Seth. You look super cool.

So Seth is releasing his first EP today titled Good Hearts. And y’all. He is good. The stuff he writes is high quality. I mean, he’s not paying me a single dime to say all this. So you can believe me. I love the songs on this EP.

seth_album

It’s only $6. That’s all. So I’m thinking you should head over and buy you one.

And.

Because Seth is a giver, for the FIRST TEN PEOPLE who comment, I get to email you a free song! I know, right?!? How cool is that? But there’s a catch: you have to tell Seth that you think he’s awesome in your comment. Today is his birthday, so why can’t we give him the gift of kind words? I mean, you can elaborate on that as much as you please [but err on the side of not creepy], and the only way I’m counting your comment is if

1. You have left me a working email address when you leave the comment
  2. You boost up Seth’s ego a smidge

So if you are one of the FIRST TEN to do that today, I’ll happily email you an MP3 from Seth’s album [sometime soon- I’m currently in flight to NYC! so I may not get to it right away, but soon].

And y’all should get your own copy of Good Hearts.

It’s a good choice. I promise.

[By the way, make sure you are keeping up with me via twitter for the next couple of days as I head to NYC to see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Booyah!! I am way past excited.]

1. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:20 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday Seth! If Annie thinks your awesome, then I’m sure you are. Everyone should feel extra special on their birthday, so I hope you do today!

2. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:32 AM  |  reply

Seth it’s your birthday and that is awesome! And you’re awesome too! Happy Birthday Buddy!

3. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:39 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday!! Awesome pictures πŸ™‚ Love the heart balloon!

4. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:41 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, Seth! (and safe travels to Annie!). I discovered Seth through Brite Revolution (which I discovered through Annie – funny how that works) and already am a huge fan! Congrats on the EP!

5. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday Seth! The “cool” picture looks cool – I LOVE the hat. I hope your day is a fabulous as you are (I trust Annie).

6. Stephanie
    posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:44 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday Seth!! I am LOVING your music I found from a little Google-stalking! (In an “improve my musical experience” way, not a creepy way) πŸ™‚ You are awesome, and I’m so happy Annie is sharing you with us!

7. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:52 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday Seth! Congrats on the EP-I’m loving the picture, that little bit of scruffy facial hair-oh yea! I like it a lot!

8. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:58 AM  |  reply

Wow, congrats on the EP! Very exciting. Enjoy your birthday, Seth!

9. Barbalicious
    posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:58 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday Seth!! Any friend of Annie is a friend of mine and if you’re funny, well…you’re awesome. Congrats on the EP and have a fabulous day!

10. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:02 AM  |  reply

Happy birthday! I’d love a free song! πŸ™‚

11. Valerie
    posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 12:09 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, Seth. Seeing as how Annie introduced me to Dave Barnes, Matt Wertz and Lady Antebellem (she has way cool music tastes), I know that your music must be phenomenal. And everybody loves a funny guy. So, I’m gonna buy the CD songs unheard. πŸ˜€ Hope you have a great day!

12. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 12:15 PM  |  reply

Awesome stuff. πŸ™‚

13. caren
    posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 2:33 PM  |  reply

Dang, unlucky # 13. But if Annie Downs AND Andy Davis mention this guy both on the same day (granted it’s his birthday) then I must have to love this guy too! So Seth, happy birthday from the heart!! Not cause I’m getting anything free!!
    Annie happy travels!! And can’t wait for Christmas at the Couches at the Caren’s.

14. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 9:10 PM  |  reply

I’m not in the first 10, but that’s ok! Happy birthday Seth, I do want to hug you! Can I?

15. Annie
    posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:25 PM  |  reply

UPDATE!!

Seth says FREE SONG for everyone who leaves a comment before Wednesday night at 11pm!! Just say something nice about him and the free song is your’s!

He’s a giver, people.

16. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:09 PM  |  reply

seth is the awesomest!! happy bithday, you!

ps. totally unrelated note for annie dearest:

i just wrote a post i think you of all people would be get at least get a chuckle out of and i need you to read it and tell me whether or not im being stupid in actually posting it. it’s about our mutual friend barnes-y. (well not mutual bc i don’t actually “know” him, but you know what i mean, right?)
    please tell me im not crazy.

17. posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:26 PM  |  reply

well happy birthday to mr. philpott! i discovered him at rob blackledge’s cd release show and looooovvvveee him.

18. Julianne
    posted on Nov 25, 2009 at 4:06 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday Seth!! That picture is really cool. And i know you’re awesome, cause i trust Annie πŸ™‚

19. Emily
    posted on Nov 25, 2009 at 6:40 PM  |  reply

Congrats on the EP, Seth! I can’t wait to hear it!

20. posted on Dec 01, 2009 at 12:00 AM  |  reply

SO sad I missed out!!! I would have LOVED a free sample!

21. posted on Dec 04, 2009 at 9:01 PM  |  reply

dang he’s got a soul-filled voice!