Surreal.

on December 11, 2009 in AnnieWrites, Help Portrait with 27 comments by

When I moved to Nashville, I had no plans. No idea with what to do with my days.

Except to cry and beg God to let me go home to Atlanta.

[That went well.]

But now I sit here, a writer. A nanny. An employee. A friend. And it’s crazy.

Jeremy, Annie, Kyle :: H-P team

Jeremy, Annie, Kyle :: H-P team

Most recent new title: Help Portrait Events Coordinator.

I know, I went all fancy on you. [Oh, and by the way, I made up that title. I mean, it really is my title, but I just created it and made everyone else deal. with. it.]

Anyways, here’s where things get surreal.

Wednesday, after we left the Fields Museum, I got a voicemail. From Chris at Relevant Magazine. Wanting to interview me about Help-Portrait.

[I died. In a good way.]

So please go with me to that moment.

I’m walking down the streets of Chicago. [I’ve never been there before 2009.]

In a serious snowstorm. [I grew up in Georgia. This is foreign to me.]

Walking with 2 of my dearest friends. [That I have met within the last 2 years.]

Doing an interview for Help Portrait. [That Jeremy just invented in his mind and I get to play along.]

With Relevant. [A magazine I HIGHLY esteem.]

And at one point, as my black jacket turned white with flakes, and I huffed and puffed down the streets of Chicago telling Chris about this amazing project, I just had to stop.

Because while I would have never planned for my life to look like this, God has again overshot my expectations.

By about 100,000 snowflakes.

And HE WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU. Just ask. That’s all I did- I asked for God to run my life and I asked Him to show me His love. And what He did for me, He will do for you.

I’m sure of it.

HERE is the article for Relevant.

And OMG HERE is an article I wrote for the ONE Campaign.

Can you believe that dorky macaroni-lovin’ AnnieBlogs got published on the ONE Campaign blog?!?

[I know. I died again. In a good way.]

1. posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 1:42 PM  |  reply

Yes, I can believe it.

2. Beth
    posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 1:56 PM  |  reply

WOW, Annie, this is So awesome! And to think I had the blessing of sitting at the table with you in Bible Study!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 2:12 PM  |  reply

YAYNESS!! that is super awesome! I can believe it!

4. Deanna
    posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 2:28 PM  |  reply

Congrats!!! How exciting for you AND H-P! God sure has a way of working things out, doesn’t he?

5. becky
    posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 2:41 PM  |  reply

amazing annie! Loved reading this!

6. posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 3:06 PM  |  reply

i am loving reading your blog! You’re precious! Talented! And so right on!!

7. Julianne
    posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 4:23 PM  |  reply

Annie this was awesome. Thank you for posting it. Love you!

8. posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 5:28 PM  |  reply

Lots of dying, huh? Christ died. In a good way. You did too…to yourself and that’s always a good way to die! You have me dying laughing at every turn and you get me crying too. I love your heart and your words and your sharing of the Truth! Off to read your business! =P

9. posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 6:33 PM  |  reply

Yeah for you Annie! I hope you remember all of the little people when you rule the world.

10. posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 6:45 PM  |  reply

I just blogged about some of the same things. God is so good. He has exceeded my dreams time and time again. Thanks for sharing!

11. posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 7:54 PM  |  reply

So glad He’s blessing your socks off! Yay God and Annie!

12. posted on Dec 12, 2009 at 1:49 AM  |  reply

a. i love chicago. love it. (but could never live there)
    b. i love snow and miss it badly (grew up in michigan)
    c. i love relevant magazine! woohoo!
    d. i love the whole help-portrait concept.
    e. i cannot wait until tomorrow (i should be in bed)
    f. i like lettered lists. sometimes. like now.

13. Chipper
    posted on Dec 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM  |  reply

I’ve tweeted. I’ve Fbooked this bad puppy. AWESOME! And you look so happy in your picture. Mo doubly awesome!

14. posted on Dec 12, 2009 at 10:43 PM  |  reply

ANNIE! My hubby did HelpPortrait all day here in Columbus, OH. He got home awhile ago and showed me all his pictures and told me stories. WOW. WOW. WOW.

So, then he’s watching a video clip of the news in Nashville, and all of a sudden, I’m all, “ANNIE! That’s ANNIE!”

Anyway. Very cool. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you guys did/are doing. Thank you!!

15. posted on Dec 13, 2009 at 4:55 AM  |  reply

Awesome! I actually put together a HP Tel Aviv this year, and it was awesome. Great Idea!!!!! Your work is definitely spreading….

16. tamara b
    posted on Dec 13, 2009 at 10:05 AM  |  reply

Thank you so much for this…exactly what I needed to be reminded of this morning. So incredibly encouraged to see the way God is moving in your life…

17. posted on Dec 13, 2009 at 12:40 PM  |  reply

good on you, annie dear. good on you. 🙂 i prayed last night he would just continue to bless you. and i meant it.

ps. are you short or is jco just that tall??

18. posted on Dec 13, 2009 at 3:07 PM  |  reply

I LOVE it when the People of God find themselves smack-dab in the middle of the amazing-ness that God has for them!!!

19. posted on Dec 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM  |  reply

Annie,
    I really needed to read this today. My husband and I are really in a faith walk right now. I prayed the prayer and know that your blog was a kiss form heaven today!

20. posted on Dec 15, 2009 at 12:21 AM  |  reply

Annie-

Just wanted to stop by and tell you that after I read your blog I booked Serendipity for my daughter and I. We got back last night and had THE most incredible time ever. And we went to Serendipity!!! So glad you turned me on to that. Off to blog about our trip … but I think it’s gonna to take about two weeks of posts to cover it!

Merry Christmas!

21. Debs
    posted on Dec 15, 2009 at 1:22 PM  |  reply

Wow, He never ceases….always amazes…ever good! I am so happy for you Annie…thanks for the encouragement! Living by faith and not by sight, nothin’ better!

22. posted on Dec 15, 2009 at 4:50 PM  |  reply

LOVE that mag! Congrats!

23. posted on Dec 16, 2009 at 3:15 PM  |  reply

Wow, that looks really legit. And the promo video is stinking sweet. I’m sure it went well, and I’m excited for you!

24. posted on Dec 16, 2009 at 11:25 PM  |  reply

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news! May God continue to bless you beyond your wildest imagination, and may you continually grow in Him.

25. posted on Dec 17, 2009 at 4:36 PM  |  reply

So proud of you girlfriend!

26. Sarah
    posted on Dec 19, 2009 at 12:35 AM  |  reply

Thank you so much for sharing God’s Love and how He is working in your life, it is a blessing

27. posted on Dec 20, 2009 at 10:49 PM  |  reply

Love this idea and LOVE that you have introduced me to this wonderful magazine! As a new blogger and relatively new Christian (well, about 8 years now – maybe not new…) I had no idea it existed. Thanks so much – what a great project!