Things I’m ashamed of:

on January 14, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 21 comments by
  • That time I called the YMCA to cancel my gym membership and a guy I know answered the phone.

Sorry, David. I won’t be working out at your facilities this year. Nothing personal. How’s your mom?

• That time I sold a bunch of books so I could have extra cash to eat out with my friends. Yeah, knew the guy there too.

Oh, hey Peter. Yes, that is two identical copies of Purpose Driven Life.

• This time.

Toms + Santa socks = January 13th, you’ve never looked so good.”

• The time that I still had a crush on Mark from the FIRST season of Road Rules.

Yeah, Mark. I know you’re 49 and still on MTV. But there’s something really right about this.”

• The time I cried while watching You’ve Got Mail. Yesterday.

‘152 insights into my SOUL!’ Sigh… I’ve been single a long time.”

• The time I wore the same outfit two days in a row thinking there were no repeating viewers.

Sorry about it, Marisa. And no, I won’t wear it again tomorrow… unless I for SURE won’t see you. Uhhh… will I see you tomorrow?

• The time I ate frozen yogurt during a snowstorm.

Wait. So you haven’t been so busy at the store today? Weird. And yeah, put another scoop of Oreos on there.

• The time I was glued to the television during The Bachelor because the scandal was just. so. shocking.

Uh, Roslyn. A staffer? Gross.”

• The time I kept a REALLY delicious secret from you…. until tomorrow.

Hey, bloggite. I’m playing games with your mind. But you’re gonna love it. See you on Friday.”

1. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:16 AM  |  reply

No. I do not love secrets. So text me. πŸ˜‰

2. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 4:30 AM  |  reply

Ooooh, I will be back tomorrow then!

3. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 7:16 AM  |  reply

You’re sneaky, aren’t you?

Thanks for all the prayers. The Lord is working it out, of course.

4. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 8:04 AM  |  reply

haha cracked me up πŸ™‚ I’ll be back tomorrow!

5. Camille
    posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 8:17 AM  |  reply

I laughed outloud at Mark from the first Road Rules. I loved him and Kit together. Obvioulsy no offense to you. He’s all your now!

6. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 9:30 AM  |  reply

Cute. Reallll cute. Okay, so it was. I laughed and now am waiting with bated breath (please note: NOT baited breath) for tomorrow’s news. πŸ™‚

7. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 9:44 AM  |  reply

So funny!

And the Bachelor… “Most. Shocking. Yet.”, they always say it, but somehow, we don’t care. Just roll the clip! πŸ™‚

And I love “You’ve Got Mail”, it happens. I should know. πŸ™‚

Looking forward to tomorrow.

8. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 9:46 AM  |  reply

How funny! Guilty of wearing the same outfit two days in a row, guilty of selling books for frivolous reasons, guilty of canceling a gym membership when I know the person working the desk and guilty of watching drama on the Bachelor. Wow! Great minds think alike. πŸ™‚

9. Heidi S
    posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:02 AM  |  reply

I am queen of wearing the same outfit two days in a row when I know I won’t be seeing the same peole – it’s so much easier cause you already have it picked out!

i’ll be back for your “secret” tomorrow!

10. Debs
    posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:04 AM  |  reply

Annie you are such a tease!!!Check out my FB to see what I found in my pudding!…now that was a secret from Kraft! ha

11. caroline
    posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 10:36 AM  |  reply

I.LOVE.U! thats truth hahahah

12. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 11:37 AM  |  reply

“Oh, no competing with that!”

13. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 12:19 PM  |  reply

Does tomorrow mean 12:00 am EST? πŸ™‚ I can’t wait to read it!

14. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 12:47 PM  |  reply

hahahahaha great!! <3

15. Sara Beth
    posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 1:03 PM  |  reply

i love this list!! for the record i not only loved mark but also fancied myself as kit…

16. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:07 PM  |  reply

…ok, so lately i have developed a bit of a blog additiction. You are my favorite. i blame you for a few extra …s that have shown up in my writing lately. love the blog, but not such a fan of cliffhangers. so i will lose a bit of sleep tonight imagining what you have in store for us and of course will check in again tomorrow!

17. posted on Jan 14, 2010 at 9:14 PM  |  reply

Love love love You’ve Got Mail. When my sisters and I went to New York, we created our own ‘You’ve Got Mail’ tour and then when I moved to Dallas one of my friends sent me a bouquet of newly-sharpened pencils πŸ™‚ It was one of the sweetest gestures ever.

I used to cry EVERY time in the end when Joe walks around the corner and Kathleen sees him and starts to cry. “I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly!”

Okay…this has to stop.

I’ll be sure to check back tomorrow! I can’t handle suspense! πŸ™‚

18. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 12:30 AM  |  reply

Oh man, how do I wait?

19. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 2:42 AM  |  reply

I adore you’ve got mail! Sigh.

I have been known to wear Christmas socks at other times of the year too πŸ˜‰

Can’t wait to hear the secret is!

20. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:28 AM  |  reply

Love this post. I just cancelled my Y membership; they made me come in person and then totally laid on the shame!

21. posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 12:36 PM  |  reply

Oh my word. I think I snorted while reading this.

You’re hilarious. Like seriously hilarious.