January 31, 2010.

on January 15, 2010 in Dreams Coming True, Nash-livin' with 69 comments by

Is going to be a seriously exciting Sunday night.

Cause I’m GOING. TO. THE. GRAMMYS.

Yep. THESE GRAMMYS.

Are. you. dying?!? Cause I. am. dying. [in a good way]

Let me back up and explain.

One of my dearest friends in Nashville in Hillary. Hillary is in a country group called Lady Antebellum. We had a mutual friend in Atlanta, so we met soon after I moved here.

Within a few weeks, Hillary, myself, and 2 other girls (Ansley and Graham) were meeting together weekly and talking about the ugly. You know what I mean- like, “dear girls, I’m gonna tell you all my ugly and you’re gonna pray about it and tell me all your ugly.” We read the Bible and pray and get in each other’s junk. They know the worst of me and still choose me. We’ve had great times and really hard times when we all wanted to quit. But we didn’t. Cause that’s how you love people.

We’re really cute. Anyways.

Hillary called me last week and asked me to be her date to the Grammys. And after I regained consciousness, I accepted.

So that means I fly to LA at the end of the month, get to attend a few different amazing events over the week, then go to the Grammys. With Justin Timberlake. Beyonce. Black Eyed Peas. AND MAYBE REBA.

Lady Antebellum is nominated for 2 Grammys and will be performing.

What does that mean?

That means that when the cameras pan to show you Lady A, I WILL BE THERE.

In a gold dress. It’s gorg. Totes gorg. [That’s for the Nash-folks who read this blog. We abbreviate too much.]

Are you freaking out or what? Cause I’ve been freaking out for 2 weeks.

Of course, I immediately called Amber [she’s the best stylist in town- and lucky for me, she’s also my friend] and said, “WE HAVE A FASHION EMERGENCY CALLED THE GRAMMYS!

I can’t wait to show y’all the dresses. Plural. [Are you freaking out now?]

So. There’s the big announcement. I just couldn’t wait anymore. I have too many things I want to tell you between now and then. And videos. I will be making videos.

Cause your friend AnnieBlogs is GOING TO THE GRAMMYS.

Good. Gracious.

1. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:54 AM  |  reply

That is fantastic! I can’t wait to see you on t.v.!

2. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 6:15 AM  |  reply

Wow, that’s exciting! I’m sure you’ll have a fantastic time. And can we see pictures of you in the “totes gorg” gold dress please?! πŸ™‚

3. Deanna
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 6:49 AM  |  reply

How exciting!! And even though I’m not a country fan (gasp), I’m going to watch just to see you! How fun for you! πŸ™‚

4. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:04 AM  |  reply

No WAY!!! What an awesome adventure you’ll be on. Thanks for sharing the news, and can’t wait to see pics. This post had me smiling all the way… the ugly bits and the beautiful bits too!

5. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:31 AM  |  reply

And this wasn’t even on your Turning 30 Bucket List! Exceedingly abundantly more than you can imagine, I tell you!

6. Michelle
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:38 AM  |  reply

Oh. My. Goodness. I cannot wait to hear all the details! And I can’t wait to see you on TV! I’m going to have to have a big party so that when they pan to you (and they will because you’re gorgeous and I’m sure The Dress will be featured as one of the Must-Haves of the season, and you’ll be the first Grammy Guest featured in People as Best-Dressed), I can say, “I know her!”. Or, I can at least say, “I know who she is!”. πŸ˜‰

7. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:47 AM  |  reply

Oh Annie, I’M DYING!!! Can’t wait to see you on TV looking gorg!!!!!

8. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:54 AM  |  reply

OK, so I know I just posted, but I’m just that excited!
    And wanted you to know. :). I have one question…How were you able to keep this a secret for so long?!

9. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:06 AM  |  reply

Umm…Totes Jeal.

10. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:15 AM  |  reply

oh my heavens this is so exciting! Basically all I can think about is your dress – I cant wait to see it πŸ™‚ haha

11. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:25 AM  |  reply

SO amazing, Annie! That is crazy- fun and I’m so happy that you’re getting to do this πŸ™‚

12. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:31 AM  |  reply

By george! That was one BIG secret! Now I wanta watch just to see your gold dress. How exciting! We except a blog or two about the whole thing. (:

13. Lindsey
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:32 AM  |  reply

AHHH!! That is so incredibly exciting. I’m jealous. It’s always been one of my secret dreams to go to one of those fancy awards shows. Amazing.

I’ve never listened to Lady Antebellum because I’m not generally a country music fan, but I DID hear them sing the National Anthem when I was at the Sugar Bowl. They were good! I hope they win lots of awards so you are on tv a whole bunch! πŸ™‚

14. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:36 AM  |  reply

Wow. Oh.my. You are good at keeping secrets, girl. Good for you! I’m doing a little jig here.

But wait. Does that mean the guy in the latest Lady Antebellum video isn’t her real life boyfriend???

AND YOU MIGHT GET TO SEE REBA! Not just the back of her head either. I don’t know how you’re going to stand it.

And if you go to my blog, you will see I have heard from my parents! Yay! Thanks, Annie.

(Sorry for the overusage of !!!!!)

15. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 9:22 AM  |  reply

You said Reba. My heart may or may not have skipped a beat for a second or 9.

HAVE FUN! Tell Hill (See? She’s your friend and you’re my friend, thus allowing me to be on a nickname basis with her. Simple math.) that I said GOOD LUCK and O MY GOSH SHE’S NOMINATED FOR TWO GRAMMYS AND I HOPE SHE HAS HAD THE MOMENT OF JUMP AND SQUEAL LIKE SHE TOTALLY DESERVES!

And remember. When you see Reebs make sure to drop my name in casual convo with her. B/C if you meet her, I’m gonna totally be expecting a phone call or text message IMMEDIATELY.

Kaythanks.

Oh, and tell Beyonce I said whatup.

16. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 9:31 AM  |  reply

Congratulations!!!! I would have peed my pants. Take deep breaths and remember every moment in detail cause we’re going to want a full recap. πŸ™‚

17. Chelsey
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM  |  reply

OH MY WORD! I wouldn’t have been able to keep that secret for very long. Take lots and lots of pictures…I’ll be living vicariously through you in freezing cold Athens, Ga.

18. Merideth Schoolcraft
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 9:34 AM  |  reply

OH MY GOSH!!! Annie that is so awesome! How exciting! I can tell you are psyched about going. Like the person above mention, though, I’m surprised you kept it a secret for so long. Part of me kept thinking, as I read, “is she about to drop the other shoe and suddenly tell us she’s been pulling our legs and she isn’t really going?”, but you didn’t. Well, I can’t see you on television, but I think I’m still going to watch anyway and imagine you sitting in the audience with your gold dress on looking fabulous. Have a blast! And have a safe trip there and back. Tell your friends good luck for me. I’m not a country fan either, but since they are friends of yours I’d love to see them win both awards!

19. Kimberly
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 9:42 AM  |  reply

This sounds fantastic. Now I will have a reason to watch the Grammys.

20. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 9:43 AM  |  reply

Wow! So freaking exciting! Seriously exciting. HUGE country fan. And Lady Antebellum is definitely a fav. Have a blast!

21. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:05 AM  |  reply

My daughter is freaking out! I just went to get ther and have her read this because I told her I knew someone who knew Lady A!
    Ok I don’t really know you but you get the idea!!!!
    Can’t wait for pictures or videos or words! πŸ™‚

22. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:07 AM  |  reply

I think I just did a happy dance for you! So stinkin’ exciting and I’m beyond jealous.

23. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:08 AM  |  reply

Further proof you were meant for greatness. πŸ™‚

24. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:12 AM  |  reply

Annie! How COOL!?!

Although, I have to tell you I’m little bit behind on your coolness/exciting news. Because honestly, I’m freaking out a little bit more that you’re friends with Lady Antebellum Hillary! I LOVE Lady A! They are so goooood!

But yeah, the Grammy’s! Woo-hoo! πŸ˜‰

25. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:30 AM  |  reply

WOW!!! How awesome! Give us good LA scoop. I’m taking my daughter to a volleyball tournament there in March and your Serendipity scoop for NY was such a hit I’m hoping you’ll do us right for LA too!!

26. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:35 AM  |  reply

Wow!!!!!! How fun!!!! You deserve it!!!

27. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:51 AM  |  reply

See? You’re so totally meant to be a star.

28. Debs
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 11:07 AM  |  reply

Oh yeah..you are loved! What a marker on the journey! Is it a sin to insight jealousy…not a problem you are covered! Can’t wait for the coverage! See you under the lights!

29. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 11:09 AM  |  reply

I kept it a secret, too. πŸ™‚

Sooooo excited for you! Please get your picture with Neil Diamond. Please text me from the bathroom. Please give Hill the biggest squealing hug for me.

Miss you. xo

30. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM  |  reply

[…] things first: go get excited for my friends Annie and Hillary.Β  Ow OWWW, […]

31. Lisa
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 11:38 AM  |  reply

I will say…I knew her when…

Oh my goodness…..Annie at the Grammy’s….way to cool.

32. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 11:45 AM  |  reply

OH.
    MY.
    GOSH.

That is absolutely-crazy-over-the-moon-FANTASTIC! And I’m SO jelly (my abbreviation of jealous).

I love love love Lady A and last year during busy season I kept playing ‘I Run to You’ over and over and over again on YouTube. I’m telling you, like, I’m sure 1,000 of those views came from me. πŸ™‚

I know you’re going to have a FABULOUS time and it’s just going to be FABULOUS!!!!! OH MY GOSH, I’m so excited for you! And I don’t even know you!!

**Random sidenote – I feel like I know Charles Kelley (swoon) because I once met his brother, Josh Kelley, when he was in Oxford at City Grocery. My roommate was a server there and I just happened to be in there one night and so was Josh and I got to meet him. Pure craziness I tell you! I always dreamt that I was going to get to see Lady A in concert and Charles would see me and feel like he had to marry me. Nevertheless, it didn’t happen and he married someone else instead πŸ™‚

But everyone’s right, and you’re right, you’re going to be totally GORG! πŸ™‚

I’ll stop because this comment is just too long! πŸ™‚

33. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 11:49 AM  |  reply

Hey Annie,
    I just recently started reading your blog. Love it! I’m so excited about your trip!!!
    I’m friends with Dave Haywood’s sister, here in the big ol’ town of Millen, Ga. and I’m a former ATL girl myself.

Can’t wait to hear all about it!!!

34. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 11:53 AM  |  reply

Shut. Up. The Grammy’s? For reals?

Annie, I hardly ever watch The Grammy’s, but you can guarantee I will be this year. I’m so excited for you.

If you see Reba, I’m praying you recognize her!

Love ya girl.

Kelly

35. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM  |  reply

Oh.my.gosh! I am screaming in my living room, so excited for you! Me and the girls are gonna make a night of it…just to look for you! WOOHOO!

36. Valerie
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 1:05 PM  |  reply

Sure is a blessing to watch all the fun and amazing opportunities God is sending your way…all because you honored Him and moved to Nashville. Have a ball at the Grammys!

37. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 1:34 PM  |  reply

Can I just tell you that I have WORN THAT CD OUT!? It’s in my car RIGHT NOW and I have been playing and playing and playing it over and freaking over. And now you are going to Gram’s with Hillary. WOW. That is just too cool.
    OH my gosh – they are on the radio right now! Woo! How cool is that?! πŸ™‚ Okay, add Lady Antebellum and the Little Bird to the List of Things That Make Me Delurk! πŸ™‚

38. Kristi Kay
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 1:57 PM  |  reply

You are my hero.

39. Face
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 2:10 PM  |  reply

We are living with my friend Mary. I just shut the computer and ran up to tell her. UnSTINKINbelievable, Annie.

40. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 2:29 PM  |  reply

YAY! So exciting!!! Can’t wait to look for ya!

41. Laurie
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 2:40 PM  |  reply

I will definitely be watching and looking for YOU!! So excited for you and can’t wait to see the pics and get the tweets! I think Lady A is wonderful – so proud of them!

Have a B-L-A-S-T!!!!!!!!!!

42. Barbalicious
    posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 2:42 PM  |  reply

Anya!!!!! This is AWESOME!! So excited for you and can’t wait to hear stories!

43. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 4:36 PM  |  reply

Can I just BE you? kthx!

44. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 7:15 PM  |  reply

OH, MY DANG! I AM DYING. THIS IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS ME GOING TO THE GRAMMY’S (EXCEPT FOR THE PART ABOUT ME NOT BEING INVITED.) HAVE FUN!!!!

45. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 8:24 PM  |  reply

I know we’re not supposed to envy others, but OMGOSH i am SO JEALOUS!! And WICKED excited for you!! You are going to look FAB, and i can’t WAIT to see you on TV!!!AHHH!! Pure awesomeness.

46. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 9:46 PM  |  reply

Oh my word, that is AWESOME, Annie!! I totally am going to watch the Grammy’s just so I can look for you and then squeal when I see you and say, “I totally don’t know her but I read her blog!” Ha.

47. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM  |  reply

I am sooo excited for you!! Have a blast! Cannot wait to read about it πŸ˜‰

48. posted on Jan 15, 2010 at 11:51 PM  |  reply

That’s it, you are now the most famous person I (don’t really) know! I’m way jealous!

49. mandy Mann
    posted on Jan 16, 2010 at 1:00 PM  |  reply

holy shmoly…this is so super exciting….if not birthing a child..i will be watching you in a gold dress lookin “Gorg” as your friend plays some music at THE GRAMMY”S. yahoo

50. Christy
    posted on Jan 16, 2010 at 2:26 PM  |  reply

One more reason I am totally jealous of you friend. Not to mention the fact that you are way cool and can write like a freaking write-a-holic. Have fun.

51. posted on Jan 16, 2010 at 4:10 PM  |  reply

goodness goodness goodness…this will definitely be DVRd so that I can watch and watch and watch again. So stinking excited for you, AnnieB!!

52. posted on Jan 16, 2010 at 10:54 PM  |  reply

Paint my front door red and call me Elizabeth Arden!
    You have GOT to be kidding! EEEEEEKKKKKKKK!! So excited for you!! Will you be at Blissdom to give the whole recap? You better be!!

53. posted on Jan 17, 2010 at 6:23 PM  |  reply

That’s insane! Have a great time.

54. posted on Jan 18, 2010 at 1:48 AM  |  reply

2 things.
    1. Are you absolutely sure she wasn’t talking about her Grandma’s house? Grammy is often used as a nickname for a grandmother.
    2. If it is the real Grammy, tell Beyonce I’d like my Black unitard back, please. Preferably dry cleaned.

55. posted on Jan 18, 2010 at 8:22 AM  |  reply

Holy. Cow. That’s awesome!!!

56. Shana Owen
    posted on Jan 18, 2010 at 2:56 PM  |  reply

Oh Annie that is so great!! We will be looking for you and we will scream when we see you on TV!! Yay!

57. posted on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:15 PM  |  reply

How exciting! I’ll be looking for you.

I guess that kinda makes up for the time she called you in the crazy early morning before their TV segment. Kinda.

πŸ˜‰

Have an absolutely fabulous time!

58. Faith
    posted on Jan 18, 2010 at 6:31 PM  |  reply

I told you you were big time. πŸ˜‰

59. posted on Jan 18, 2010 at 7:18 PM  |  reply

How exciting! I’m so jealous as I am a BIG lady a fan. You must cheer very loudly on behalf of all of us in the blogosphere. I’m pretty sure your friend Hillary knows my friend who is a songwriter, but you don’t see me going to the Grammys. Perhaps I need a better friend :).

60. Linda
    posted on Jan 18, 2010 at 9:14 PM  |  reply

Confirming the fact that great things happen to great people, I will be watching the crowd like a hawk to see you, Annie!

61. posted on Jan 18, 2010 at 9:28 PM  |  reply

omigosh! I’m just so jealous that you even know Hillary! (Love Lady A) And to go the the Grammy’s…and be on national tv!! Ahhhh! (that’s me freakin’ with you!)Almost wishing I had tv and could look for you…maybe I’ll just have to steal over to a neighbor’s. Have a blast!

62. posted on Jan 19, 2010 at 12:26 AM  |  reply

Oh. My. Goodness. Why didn’t you call me?! I am SO excited for you!!

63. posted on Jan 19, 2010 at 12:52 AM  |  reply

you are CUH.RAZE.EE.

but i love you to death.

64. Alana
    posted on Jan 19, 2010 at 11:53 AM  |  reply

COME ON! I am dying to know how they went, what you wore, etc!!!!! BLOG ANNIE! πŸ™‚

65. posted on Jan 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM  |  reply

I am soooooo jealous!!

66. posted on Jan 20, 2010 at 10:41 PM  |  reply

You are cooler than cool. No. Really.

67. Sharliss Arnold
    posted on Jan 21, 2010 at 4:50 PM  |  reply

Thrilled for you, I hope you have a yummy time!

68. posted on Jan 26, 2010 at 11:33 AM  |  reply

Annie, just found you through Big Mama’s link to your wonderful fitted bed sheet folding tutorial. I’m thinking I should go re-fold the sheets in my linen closet. Anyway, the video was great and it’s so enjoyable to laugh with someone who is making themself laugh!

But, it wasn’t just your humor that made me want to read more on your blog…I spotted that Bulldog purse in the background. So, I poked around to see that you are from Georgia and graduated from UGA. I’m a Dawg myself and although I’m currently a full-time mom, I graduated with an ABJ (Public Relations major). So, I’m thrilled to have stumbled upon a funny & gifted writer/blogger who must pull for the dawgs as evidenced by the purse and the photo above. I’ll definitely be looking for you on TV Sunday…would it be too much to ask for you and Lady A to wear Super G tatoos? πŸ™‚

69. posted on Feb 01, 2010 at 3:20 PM  |  reply

[…] Annie was at the Grammy’s! How cool is that! You’ll have to check out Annie’s pre-Grammy posts about the experience. As we were watching here at home I was stalking following Annie’s […]